LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

GREED??? 2014 trouble

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
hey guys, just wanted to stop by before this b***h gets up

Originally posted by hass11:
Here's how I would do it.

Essential keepers: Kaep, crabtree, Aldon. In that order. (we see how bad this offense is without crabs, and we have a lot of depth at the defensive line if we must lose aldon)
(I initially said let crabtree walk and trade for josh gorden, free up some good money for a couple years)
Prep tank carridine for the transistion to Justin smiths spot, free up money..
(Bolden frees up 6 million, and im sorry to say it, frank gore frees up I think 6 million as well when his is over. That frees up money too keep other, younger players such as hopefully aldon)
*We lose carlos rogers which frees up almost 7 million.
*Terell brown can leave too if he thinks hes amazing. We still have culliver and brock which are just as good. I say we address corner in the draft for depth. the guys we have are just average
*O-Line: I love Iupati, but we cant pay him. we pay staley and davis well, cant pay 3 olineman top dollar. We need to draft more oline as well.
*Safety- Get a safety for the money of whitner, bc whitner thinks hes this amazing leader that deserves a lot of money.

I think we have enough to keep kaep and Crabs, but may lose Aldon and Iupati bottom line. You know someone is going to pay a ridiculous amount of money to them. My only hope is that Aldon appreciates us paying him while he was on leave and wants to stay.

I like Crabtree hes still youthful but I'd still rather have Boldin cause of the proven playmaking still having aleast2-3 more good years.. I think just revamping our whole secondary will save enough.. too all niner fans if the loss of 5 or more starters due to contract we will fall off next year so everyone give all their faith to this years run. An last ..... always love for miners no matter what. But winning seasons are joyfully.........
This thread lifts the n00b's mother clear off the ground...

rec'd
See goldson

Essential keepers: Kaep, crabtree, Aldon. In that order. (we see how bad this offense is without crabs, and we have a lot of depth at the defensive line if we must lose aldon)
(I initially said let crabtree walk and trade for josh gorden, free up some good money for a couple years)
(Bolden frees up 6 million, and im sorry to say it, frank gore frees up I think 6 million as well when his is over. That frees up money too keep other, younger players such as hopefully aldon)
*Terell brown can leave too if he thinks hes amazing. We still have culliver and brock which are just as good. I say we address corner in the draft for depth. the guys we have are just average
*O-Line: I love Iupati, but we cant pay him. we pay staley and davis well, cant pay 3 olineman top dollar. We need to draft more oline as well.
*Safety- Get a safety for the money of whitner, bc whitner thinks hes this amazing leader that deserves a lot of money.

I think we have enough to keep kaep and Crabs, but may lose Aldon and Iupati bottom line. You know someone is going to pay a ridiculous amount of money to them. My only hope is that Aldon appreciates us paying him while he was on leave and wants to stay.

Technically Boldin doesn't free up any money, he is off the books after 2013.

Gore isn't going anywhere, you see him out there, he still has it. Plus Hunter seems average, and still doesn't look the same after the Achilles injury from 2012, and Lattimore isn't ready to start or be an every down back. And James i am not sold on at RB. Dixon can kiss his ass goodbye, he isn't needed.

Tank isn't ready to take over for Justin Smith. Who signed an 2 year extension in the offseason, and is well worth the cash.

Guys like Aldon, Kap, Miller, Crabs will get their pay days, just depends on when. Kap can be tagged after 2014. Aldon has a 5th year option which would be for around $9.5 million for 1 year guaranteed. I agree we need to lock him up after 2013 when allowed. Miller deserves an extension.

We can't simply let go of key guys like Gore, Boldin, Smith, for young, unproven guys.

Also Carlos release saves $5.1M with a Pre June 1 cut, or $6.6M with Post June 1 cut.

I agree on Brown and Iupati. I disagree with Whitner. I think he should be back.
Whats wrong with greed? If it werent for greed, Eddie Debartolo wouldnt have brought the franchise 5 SB trophies.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Whats wrong with greed? If it werent for greed, Eddie Debartolo wouldnt have brought the franchise 5 SB trophies.

Yep, our country runs on the greed of its people. Capitalism wouldn't work without it. If there was no greed we might as well go full communism.

Although the NFL is kind of run like a communist government with the salary cap.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Who cares ...everything will be gone on December 21, 2012

But it's December 16, 2013.

You think you are really here? Hahahahahahaha...
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Gore isn't going anywhere, you see him out there, he still has it. Plus Hunter seems average, and still doesn't look the same after the Achilles injury from 2012, and Lattimore isn't ready to start or be an every down back. And James i am not sold on at RB. Dixon can kiss his ass goodbye, he isn't needed.

Tank isn't ready to take over for Justin Smith. Who signed an 2 year extension in the offseason, and is well worth the cash.

Guys like Aldon, Kap, Miller, Crabs will get their pay days, just depends on when. Kap can be tagged after 2014. Aldon has a 5th year option which would be for around $9.5 million for 1 year guaranteed. I agree we need to lock him up after 2013 when allowed. Miller deserves an extension.

We can't simply let go of key guys like Gore, Boldin, Smith, for young, unproven guys.

Also Carlos release saves $5.1M with a Pre June 1 cut, or $6.6M with Post June 1 cut.

I agree on Brown and Iupati. I disagree with Whitner. I think he should be back.

Agree on Iupati. If a journeyman guard in Snyder can fill in without much notice, he doesn't warrant a 50 million dollar deal.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
my balls itch

I wanna agree with you guys on Iupati , cause personally I feel he has a lot of upside left, but I gotta agree paying three O-Lineman top dollar could really come back to bite us in the ass, we dont wanna be in cap hell again and have a Dennis Erickson/Tim Rattay /Curtis Conway type of team again

You think Crabtree is more important than Aldon? Quality pass rushers are not easy to come bye. In my opinion rushing the QB and protecting your Qb are the two most important things. WR's can be replaced easier than a 20 sack pass rusher.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:

You think Crabtree is more important than Aldon? Quality pass rushers are not easy to come bye. In my opinion rushing the QB and protecting your Qb are the two most important things. WR's can be replaced easier than a 20 sack pass rusher.

in recent memory, the Niners have been horrible at drafting and developing WRs. also, you can't just say Crabtree is replaceable. WRs? yeah. Crabtree? he's a legitimate #1 and plays at an All-Pro level.
Originally posted by Nuns:

Agree on Iupati. If a journeyman guard in Snyder can fill in without much notice, he doesn't warrant a 50 million dollar deal.

Seriously: start Looney and Kilgore in place of Iupati and Goody, re-sign Snyder for key backup role, and see which players among Marquadt, Netter, Seymour, and a draft pick are ready to wear their big boy pants on gameday. Boom.
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:

Lemonier is not as good as Aldon, but he did better filling in for Aldon than KW/Baldwin/Patton/Moore did at filling in for Crab.
Share 49ersWebzone