LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

2013 - Week 15: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ok I figured it out now. Here is crabs wide open and kaep looking right at him.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Lol praising Kaep for missing Crabtree on his first move and forcing him to improv in order to get a TD? Haha that's funny. Almost as funny as saying we are in good shape for the future because of Baalke.

Sigh.
  • thl408
Originally posted by VABeach49er:

Thanks for posting that. I still can't tell if Kap was looking Crabs' way before Crabs made the out cut to create the separation seen here. Not saying you are wrong. Just saying I'm not convinced by this still. We can break this play down later in the film analysis thread.
Ya he was looking at him. He did look left first then at crabs glanced back at boldin then hit crabs for the TD! Although I feel like he could have made that pass here I am quite impressed at how he scrambled and continued to scan the endzone. Great play by kaep IMO anyhow.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Lol praising Kaep for missing Crabtree on his first move and forcing him to improv in order to get a TD? Haha that's funny. Almost as funny as saying we are in good shape for the future because of Baalke.

Sigh.

Good point. Blowing entire drafts sets this team up very well for the future.

Sigh.

That's one of the stupidest posts I've read in awhile...

A TD is 6pt no matter how it's scored... You really have to be nitpicking to say the TD wasn't as good as a TD would have been if he hits Crabs for in the first move...

And then saying one of the best GMs in the league isn't good...

Damn that's a lot if fail in a short post!!!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Sigh.

A TD is 6pt no matter how it's scored... You really have to be nitpicking to say the TD wasn't as good as a TD would have been if he hits Crabs for in the first move...

Don't bother.
Reign is making a valid point about the TD though. I dont know why Kaep didnt throw it to Crabs right away, he was wide open. That play ended up being harder then it should have. Yes it ended up being a great play by both Crabs and Kaep but it didnt need to be that hard
Originally posted by valrod33:
Reign is making a valid point about the TD though. I dont know why Kaep didnt throw it to Crabs right away, he was wide open. That play ended up being harder then it should have. Yes it ended up being a great play by both Crabs and Kaep but it didnt need to be that hard

Yeah...but a still doesn't tell the whole story.

Crab wasn't the first read. If Kap had turned and started throwing almost immediately upon turning his head...then yes...Crab was open. However...he still kept the play alive and waited for Crab to break open for a TD.

My response to 9erReign was more about how his responses ALWAYS look almost exactly like that one than anything else. Tough for me to take anything he says seriously.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM ]

ive seen Wilson do that too in games. it might be theyre young n making mistakes but they have the athletic ability to get out of trouble. I see your point though. Brees Brady Manning, Rogers, precision passers wouldve seen it and fired it right away. Hes learning though. albiet at a much slower pace than some of the other young QBs but kid has a very high ceiling

Kaep did miss the first move, but it's hard to tell if he was even looking at Crabtree initially. Plus, the quick release isn't one of Kaep's strengths.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by VABeach49er:

Thanks for posting that. I still can't tell if Kap was looking Crabs' way before Crabs made the out cut to create the separation seen here. Not saying you are wrong. Just saying I'm not convinced by this still. We can break this play down later in the film analysis thread.

The thing about this view is it isnt terribly indicative of line of sight, Vernon for example could EASILY be covering up Kaps view of Crabs at that time.
The birds eye of a play can really make you see things that arent always there for the qb.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
If your Aunt had Balls She'd be your uncle

It is what it is

I'm OK with our record

We are going to be the hottest team going into the playoffs

Crabs is on fire, VD is epic, Gore is historic

I actually WANT to go to SEA for the NFC Championship to kick their ass there

And, the midget

Sir, you fail to mention one Mr Anquan Boldin and I feel obliged to inform you of this glaring omission!

This is a major problem for CK. He does this often. He will not hit the open man when they are open. He will see them, look elsewhere, and then look back to them eventually. I don't understand what he's doing. I can somewhat get the missed read if it's in the middle of the field. But in the red zone you have to strike immediately. It makes no sense to look elsewhere when your guy is open.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Sigh.

Don't bother.

I think the point is that you cant necessarily praise or chastise the result of the play. 6pts is indeed 6pts!!!! But what needs to be analyzed is the deasion. From my point of view he looks dead Crab and doesnt pull the trigger. Something that has been present all year long. I even think Crab see's him looking at him claps his hands in frustration that Kap didnt throw him the ball. This is indicative of Kap's inability or better yet progressing ability to make anticipation throws. This issues is often highlighted within the red zone. Ultimately the result of something doesnt always tell the hole story.
Share 49ersWebzone