There are 294 users in the forums

Who is the 49ers Offensive MVP

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the 49ers Offensive MVP

Obviously the QB is going to be a default answer, because they touch the ball on every play, but I really think id give it to Kap this year. You cant really give it to VD or Boldin, because Kap got them the ball in the first place. Gore had a nice year, but he was more of a integral cog than a guy who carried the team.

Dawson doesnt qualify IMO, because I think most teams who had a top 15 kicker wouldve lost several more games without them.

Kaepernick really makes this offense go from vanilla to electric. VD needs the ball to be SPOT on or he wont be a factor. Whens the last time you saw Vernon actually dive for a ball? I cant think of any. Boldin and Crabtree are possession guys. The OL took a step down, and Kap, being only in his first full season, made it work anyways.

Just from a standpoint of who opposing teams fear the most, and have to game plan for the most, its Kap. He can beat you deep with an accurate 50 yard laser, or he can outrun your entire D to the endzone. This would be such a different offense with Alex Smith. Maybe slightly less mistake prone, but WAY easier to defend.
I LOVE THE ANSWERS, LMAO.
Fil Dire
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

I can't believe all the resistance Phil is getting in this poll!!!
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

I can't believe all the resistance Phil is getting in this poll!!!

Dude is money

But who got him there
Again!! The prejudice against place kickers is overwhelming!!

Who is coming through? Who is putting points on the board? Who is bailing out our hot and cold play calling and our not the most accurate qb time and time and time and time again? Who is making harbs look like a genius?

PHIL FREAKIN DAWSON THAT IS WHO!!!!!!!

I just love this guy. He is having a fab season.
... you know, I think there is some yin yang karma going on here because for as up and down, as hot and cold, as come see come sa as our offense has been all season long, Phil has just been so professionally consistent.... It's like a yin and yang thing going on here....I think the contrast has just made me so grateful for Phil....I am sure I would have a heart attack by now if not for Phil....I've come pretty close, regardless.....
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jan 5, 2014 at 8:25 PM ]
Frank Gore had the best 66 yard rushing game I've ever seen, and Kap had the best 1TD 1INT performance I have ever seen.

These two carried the big fat 400lb gorilla, known as Roman, on their back all day, and made plays in spite of having to carry all that extra weight holding them down.

That third down completion to Crabtree was the play of the year.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
... you know, I think there is some yin yang karma going on here because for as up and down, as hot and cold, as come see come sa as our offense has been all season long, Phil has just been so professionally consistent.... It's like a yin and yang thing going on here....I think the contrast has just made me so grateful for Phil....I am sure I would have a heart attack by now if not for Phil....I've come pretty close, regardless.....

He did cost us a regular win against AZ and lost us the Carolina game

But he's been money and at the right time
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He did cost us a regular win against AZ and lost us the Carolina game

But he's been money and at the right time

I am talking about Phil Dawson our placekicker.

Andy Lee
Share 49ersWebzone