LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Callin it right now: 49ers are gonna win the division

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LanceQ:
This would be outstanding, but I don't see Seattle dropping three games in a row. We just have to be ready to play up there during the playoffs.

Only need em to drop two. Won't happen, but here's to hoping.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dj43:
Those two games (Colts and Panthers) are a good example of why Seattle is a better team right now. While Roman was fiddling while Rome burned (with Harbaugh's implicit approval), Darrell Bevell in Seattle has kept their offense solid and effective enough to win the kind of games the 49ers lost. In short, as much as I hate to admit it, Seattle has a more effective coaching staff, especially on offense, than the 49ers.

We can snivel and complain all we want about the way the Seahawks' secondary plays, the truth is, the league has allowed them a lot of latitude on physical play and their coaches have taught them to take advantage of what the league allows. Another example of a coaching staff that is doing a better job preparing their team to win in this league.
dj has said nothing wrong,,,, sadly

No, but he fails to mention that we've been hit pretty hard with injuries and that it takes some time to get in sync when new players are thrown into the mix. I don't think Roman is as big a problem as Kaepernick not learning how to adjust his game to the pro game as quick as we had hoped. He has talent, but it is very raw and sometimes it rears it's ugly head. The biggest fault with Roman was not getting Colin more prepared to run a pro-style offense in the off-season. That and not sticking with the run against the Colts. I kinda wish we would hire Kubiak as an OC, I like his offense, but I don't know if we have the ol to run a zone blocking scheme.
We beat the Seahawks by 2 pts, and now all of a sudden we're gonna win the division. lolololol....c'mon maaan!
Originally posted by dj43:
Back in the days when I was coaching soccer, the team would often ask, "What do you know about this ref? Does he call them close or let us play a bit?"

My answer was always the same: "Go out there and be aggressive from the first whistle. The ref will let you know pretty early how he will call it. Just make sure you don't commit a foul in a situation that will put the opponent in position for a quick goal. If he lets you play early, he will most likely do the same all game long. If he calls it close, then you will have to be less aggressive."

The one thing I never wanted my team to do was to start out in a more passive way and then stand around complaining about what the ref was allowing the other team to do. Don't complain about it. Play the game the way the ref is calling it.

YOU are a smart coach! Seriously.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
We beat the Seahawks by 2 pts, and now all of a sudden we're gonna win the division. lolololol....c'mon maaan!

i only care about tamp because we know what will happen if we lose that game this is the perfect game for roman to go back down retard road. he just can not help himself
Someone else just made this thread right before the Seahawks smashed the Saints. Dammit now the Seahawks are going to smash the Giants

As much as I would love for Seattle to choke, I don't see it happening with the #1 seed on the line. You never know though, the Broncos just lost to the Chargers so all is possible.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Not likely, but stranger things have happened. I would really like it better if we went up to that joke of a stadium and put a whoopin on their asses in front of those s**tty, obnoxious, front-running, delusional, overly sensative entitled and self centered "fans" I don't really hate the shehawks other than Littledick Shemhead and Carroll, but the average shehawk fan is scum of the earth. (aside from hawker84 and Lisa)

So would I. I really think it would be a great moment in the history of this franchise if we were the team to snap that winning streak. I'm sick of hearing about Century Link, the 12th man, Kaep's issues up there, etc. I don't care if it's by one or by thirty, I want to beat them in Seattle, in the playoffs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Someone else just made this thread right before the Seahawks smashed the Saints. Dammit now the Seahawks are going to smash the Giants

As much as I would love for Seattle to choke, I don't see it happening with the #1 seed on the line. You never know though, the Broncos just lost to the Chargers so all is possible.

the chargers can be good, the giants are just bad. also as much as the media slobbers all over manning, he is over rated in cold weather and in playoff games in my opinion. the hawks will come out pissed and make the next team pay for their loss last sunday. if they do not and roll over then we have a different conversation( this is all trumped by the niners taking care of matters sunday vs a inferior foe)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Not likely, but stranger things have happened. I would really like it better if we went up to that joke of a stadium and put a whoopin on their asses in front of those s**tty, obnoxious, front-running, delusional, overly sensative entitled and self centered "fans" I don't really hate the shehawks other than Littledick Shemhead and Carroll, but the average shehawk fan is scum of the earth. (aside from hawker84 and Lisa)

So would I. I really think it would be a great moment in the history of this franchise if we were the team to snap that winning streak. I'm sick of hearing about Century Link, the 12th man, Kaep's issues up there, etc. I don't care if it's by one or by thirty, I want to beat them in Seattle, in the playoffs.
i have never been scared of playing them up there. someone has to beat them up there , however to do that we must beat the saints, in order for that to happen we must get in the playoffs first then deal with a first round foe
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

the chargers can be good, the giants are just bad. also as much as the media slobbers all over manning, he is over rated in cold weather and in playoff games in my opinion. the hawks will come out pissed and make the next team pay for their loss last sunday. if they do not and roll over then we have a different conversation( this is all trumped by the niners taking care of matters sunday vs a inferior foe)

Yeah that's all true. However, the Seahawks are a very different team on the road. They don't have that huge advantage of the ridiculous crowd noise. The opponents offense can actually communicate with one another.

while i have thought about this prospect a little bit this week, i just cant get into it until i see on sunday around 1 pm that the giants have beaten the seahawks. we play at the sametime, i wont watch any of their game and probably wont even record it on my dvr cus i totally expect seattle to win.
Forecast for Saterday and Sunday here in New Jersey is snow and rain..... Beat them she chickens!!!! Their pro bowl center is out too.... Wishfull thinking but I hope the giants come through for us
The best thing that can come out of this final three game stretch is Seattle gets so beat up playing three physical teams that they are thin going into the playoffs and have to rely on guys with little to no playing time.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
The best thing that can come out of this final three game stretch is Seattle gets so beat up playing three physical teams that they are thin going into the playoffs and have to rely on guys with little to no playing time.

i dont think arizona or st louis will win in seattle in weeks 16 and 17. but the cards will probably still be alive playoff wise in week 16 and lost in seattle last yr 58-0. they will be out to have a much better performance. as far as stl goes in week 17, same as last seasons week 17 trip to seattle. mean nothing game that will be physical and stl came the closest last yr of any team score wise to winning in seattle. hawks will take both games, but both will be a meat grinder physically.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
Niners got this Russel Wilson is too focused on Baseball right now and is gonna slip up the NFC is ours!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone