LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Callin it right now: 49ers are gonna win the division

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
Everyone has been telling the Seahawks that they have the #1 seed wrapped up. The reality here is they only need to win two of their last three games to wrap homefield up.

The sharps in Vegas have been pounding the Giants this week because they feel the Giants will at least keep it close. This is the biggest game on their schedule and they have some vets on the team, so there's a solid chance the Giants will give them a game. I feel there's a decent chance that the Seahawks are thinking they have room for error because they're going back home for their last two games.

But here's the problem -- if the Seahawks lose to the Giants then they have to win their last two games against the Rams and Cards. One more loss and the Niners get the division by virtue of a better division record (assuming they beat the Cards in the last game -- that's an assumption I can't make right now). Since the first Seahawks v. Cards game, the Cards have gone 5-1 and have outscored their opponents by 76 points. They're likely going to be on a 6-1 run heading into the Week 16 game @ Seattle. I don't think that is a very good matchup for the Cards because Carson Palmer is a turnover machine and the results of the first game showed that matchup problem. But with that defense and the few weapons they have on offense, I think they still have a chance.

This may mean something or it doesn't, but the Seahawks played poorly over a stretch of around six games earlier this year. The second game in that stretch was a loss and then they proceeded to only beat the crappy Titans at home the next week by a 7 points. They then played well against the Cards on the road, but then struggled through two more games. Atlanta has been the ultimate slump buster and the Seahawks got up for that game because of what happened in the playoffs last year. Since then, they have played well up until the loss to the Niners this past weekend.

I certainly wouldn't bet on the Seahawks losing two games out of the next three. I really, really wouldn't bet on it if they beat the Giants on Sunday. There's simply no way they'll lose two division games at home two weeks in a row. But there's a plausible scenario here in which they could lose to the veteran team on a long road trip in a 10am start. Especially when that veteran team in the past few seasons has been known to play its best against the best teams in the league. Then they can lose to a team that's on a 6-1 run with a top 10 defense the following week.
Is Seattle losing to either the Giants or the Cards any more strange than the Broncos losing at home to the 6-7 Chargers on a short week? But the key here is that I think the Seahawks losing to both the Giants AND Cards WOULD be stranger than the Broncos losing to the Chargers last night.

Looks like Kenny G, Richard Sherman and two gay puerto ricans

my thoughts exactly

Fify

You guys too young to remember color me badd? Lol
I'd be happy for the 5th seed. Winning our first 2 games on the road. And Panthers(6th seed) also wining the first 2 games on the road. And then we beat Carolina for NFC Championship game in Candlestick!!!

Everyone has been telling the Seahawks that they have the #1 seed wrapped up. The reality here is they only need to win two of their last three games to wrap homefield up.

The sharps in Vegas have been pounding the Giants this week because they feel the Giants will at least keep it close. This is the biggest game on their schedule and they have some vets on the team, so there's a solid chance the Giants will give them a game. I feel there's a decent chance that the Seahawks are thinking they have room for error because they're going back home for their last two games.

But here's the problem -- if the Seahawks lose to the Giants then they have to win their last two games against the Rams and Cards. One more loss and the Niners get the division by virtue of a better division record (assuming they beat the Cards in the last game -- that's an assumption I can't make right now). Since the first Seahawks v. Cards game, the Cards have gone 5-1 and have outscored their opponents by 76 points. They're likely going to be on a 6-1 run heading into the Week 16 game @ Seattle. I don't think that is a very good matchup for the Cards because Carson Palmer is a turnover machine and the results of the first game showed that matchup problem. But with that defense and the few weapons they have on offense, I think they still have a chance.

This may mean something or it doesn't, but the Seahawks played poorly over a stretch of around six games earlier this year. The second game in that stretch was a loss and then they proceeded to only beat the crappy Titans at home the next week by a 7 points. They then played well against the Cards on the road, but then struggled through two more games. Atlanta has been the ultimate slump buster and the Seahawks got up for that game because of what happened in the playoffs last year. Since then, they have played well up until the loss to the Niners this past weekend.

I certainly wouldn't bet on the Seahawks losing two games out of the next three. I really, really wouldn't bet on it if they beat the Giants on Sunday. There's simply no way they'll lose two division games at home two weeks in a row. But there's a plausible scenario here in which they could lose to the veteran team on a long road trip in a 10am start. Especially when that veteran team in the past few seasons has been known to play its best against the best teams in the league. Then they can lose to a team that's on a 6-1 run with a top 10 defense the following week.
Is Seattle losing to either the Giants or the Cards any more strange than the Broncos losing at home to the 6-7 Chargers on a short week? But the key here is that I think the Seahawks losing to both the Giants AND Cards WOULD be stranger than the Broncos losing to the Chargers last night.

my thoughts exactly

Fify

Nope, I am almost 43...I just don't commit things that suuuuuuuuck to memory when I can avoid it.

my thoughts exactly

Fify

Nope, I am almost 43...I just don't commit things that suuuuuuuuck to memory when I can avoid it.

Lol
Originally posted by Maui9er:
I'd be happy for the 5th seed. Winning our first 2 games on the road. And Panthers(6th seed) also wining the first 2 games on the road. And then we beat Carolina for NFC Championship game in Candlestick!!!

Best, and more realistic, scenario.
I think we really need to try for the fifth seed -- that gives seattle a chance to choke once before we have to face them. Why can't the teams with better records get the bye? It's ridiculous that a stinky team can get some rest because they are playing in a division with even stinkier teams.

my thoughts exactly

Fify

these dudes look colorfully gay
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Those two games against Carolina and NO really screwed us. We would have the #1 seed locked up if we won those games

my thoughts exactly

Fify

well now this is happening:

• kray28
  • Veteran
Unfortunately I am old enough to remember Color Me Badd.

New Jack Swing was a nice time for pop music though...after the early 90s, stuff went seriously downhill.
[ Edited by kray28 on Dec 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM ]

Originally posted by swayze:

my thoughts exactly

Fify

hooooooooooooooly $#1t
the oooOOOOOoooOOOOOooo chorus just hit 88 mph and sent me back in time

my thoughts exactly

Fify

oh my, too f**king good, that s**t is so bad it seems fake. But yeah I remember that, just as bad now as it was then. But how the F did this thread go there?
Gotta love the ZONE!!!!!!! Luv u guys!!!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
One game at a time.
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:

my thoughts exactly

Fify

oh my, too f**king good, that s**t is so bad it seems fake. But yeah I remember that, just as bad now as it was then. But how the F did this thread go there?
Gotta love the ZONE!!!!!!! Luv u guys!!!

those guys missed out on Nsync money by five years. They missed the boat by a couple of years.
That music is awful Now I know why I have never heard of them.
Share 49ersWebzone