LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Will Frank reach 10,000 yards this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Frank reach 10,000 yards this year?

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Chico:
What if he finishes at 9,999 yards for his career and then gets hurt in the last game against AZ

no why the f**k would you even post something like that?

ok ok, i keed...i keed
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
no way he gets to 10k, he only has 931 right now

He's currently at 9770 yds for his career...

oh you
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
no way he gets to 10k, he only has 931 right now

He's currently at 9770 yds for his career...

oh you

Wait for it ... Ahhhh that's what you meant
Easily!!!
If e dosent i dont think we win 2 of the 3, So yes he sure will
Would be nice.
Here's hoping he gets to 10K in the final game at the Stick. I can see no more fitting end than that.
Don't talk about him like he's ready for the retirement home. He's still by far the most productive back the 49ers have.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
He will make it!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
If Frank doesn't, he may not reach it as a Niner, he is slowing down, and there is a logjam of young talent behind him.

And just why would we release Gore after this season? He hasn't slowed down appreciably and we don't have proven talent beyond him that we know can step in and be the threat that he is. Once again, Frank faces the 2nd most 8 man fronts in this league behind only the great Adrian Peterson. There is a reason other than our mediocre passing attack teams play us this way. That reason is because Gore is still elite at what he does. If a team plays us with a 7 man front Gore would absolutely carve up said defense. I am excited about Lattimore and Kendall and LMJ but we need to open 2014 with Frank sharing the load with the backs that step up and earns it in the offseason and the preseason. It would not be wise to just release Gore and assume that the other backs would come right in and force defenses to play us with 8 man fronts to aid our passing attack and be able to shoulder the load and the abuse that Gore does and to protect the QB like Gore does. Gore is still a franchise back and we would be foolish to release him without a proven replacement

Salary cap

This, plus age, it can't last forever, and Frank is closer to shutting it down than he his to his prime. Frank will not want to be second string, or part of a rotation, Frank wants to be, and deserves to be the man. Trading, or releasing him would be a favor, he could play a few more seasons for a team with less depth. Maybe he has one more good year, maybe he has two, but as the great Bill Walsh said, better to let a player go a year to soon, than keep him a year to long.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Tampa and Arizona actually have good defenses, so if he is going to do it (and I think he can), he needs to go off on a weak Atlanta D that likes to blitz a lot.

NFL Rush Defensive Rankings
Tampa - #9 - 103.7 yards/game
ATL - #30 - 133.6 yards/game
AZ - #3 - 84.5 yards/game

ya, thats pretty much what I said. lol
I think Sunday Colin has a great game. I think the bics defense is similar to the redskins... I know they have goldson but our offensive line are mailers and angry... Bics D is not
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I think Sunday Colin has a great game. I think the bics defense is similar to the redskins... I know they have goldson but our offensive line are mailers and angry... Bics D is not

Like for the USPS? Cause those guys are always pissed.
Yes he will get it

And LOL at you haters. Every year you post the same nonsense about Frank.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
If Frank doesn't, he may not reach it as a Niner, he is slowing down, and there is a logjam of young talent behind him.

And just why would we release Gore after this season? He hasn't slowed down appreciably and we don't have proven talent beyond him that we know can step in and be the threat that he is. Once again, Frank faces the 2nd most 8 man fronts in this league behind only the great Adrian Peterson. There is a reason other than our mediocre passing attack teams play us this way. That reason is because Gore is still elite at what he does. If a team plays us with a 7 man front Gore would absolutely carve up said defense. I am excited about Lattimore and Kendall and LMJ but we need to open 2014 with Frank sharing the load with the backs that step up and earns it in the offseason and the preseason. It would not be wise to just release Gore and assume that the other backs would come right in and force defenses to play us with 8 man fronts to aid our passing attack and be able to shoulder the load and the abuse that Gore does and to protect the QB like Gore does. Gore is still a franchise back and we would be foolish to release him without a proven replacement

Salary cap

This, plus age, it can't last forever, and Frank is closer to shutting it down than he his to his prime. Frank will not want to be second string, or part of a rotation, Frank wants to be, and deserves to be the man. Trading, or releasing him would be a favor, he could play a few more seasons for a team with less depth. Maybe he has one more good year, maybe he has two, but as the great Bill Walsh said, better to let a player go a year to soon, than keep him a year to long.
he started splitting time with barlow, i think he would be down for splitting time with marcus or kendall next year. frank is not a selfish player, he will do whatever it takes to win. he may take a paycut to stay on board as well but i think hes worth whatever hes making. gore is the heart and soul of this team and hes still a stud so i dont see why they wouldnt want him back
Share 49ersWebzone