There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gameplan Verse Seattle in the Playoffs

Originally posted by thl408:
I just briefly skimmed through most of RW's dropbacks from yesterday's ARI game, and there is a very obvious effort from ARI's pass rush to prevent RW from rolling out to his right. SF did the same thing and really limited RW's ability to throw the ball while scrambling, something we know he is good at doing. If RW wants to roll right, he will have to run backwards a bit and not just lateral (parallel) to the line of scrimmage. A QB can't put enough zip on his throw when scrambling semi-backwards, nor will he have zip on the throw while running left (right handed QB).

The book is out on how to defend SEA's passing attack. Taking it back to the 49ers, Brooks played a huge role in carrying out this tactic in week 14. The trade off of doing this is less pressure applied from that side of the formation (right tackle), but the benefit is severely hampering RW's ability to throw effectively when scrambling.

Unless that QB's name is Colin Kaepernick.
Originally posted by thl408:
I just briefly skimmed through most of RW's dropbacks from yesterday's ARI game, and there is a very obvious effort from ARI's pass rush to prevent RW from rolling out to his right. SF did the same thing and really limited RW's ability to throw the ball while scrambling, something we know he is good at doing. If RW wants to roll right, he will have to run backwards a bit and not just lateral (parallel) to the line of scrimmage. A QB can't put enough zip on his throw when scrambling semi-backwards, nor will he have zip on the throw while running left (right handed QB).

The book is out on how to defend SEA's passing attack. Taking it back to the 49ers, Brooks played a huge role in carrying out this tactic in week 14. The trade off of doing this is less pressure applied from that side of the formation (right tackle), but the benefit is severely hampering RW's ability to throw effectively when scrambling.


Exactly, but in order to do it properly you have to load the box and make them get into a dropback passing game. With Fangio running a nickel defense 90% of the time with six people in the box against their 8, the number just don't work.

Fangio, basically said, "our personnel is so good that my six guys are better than your eight." While I appreciate the vote of confidence, that is simply a disturbing excuse for not coaching or scheming the team to victory. Imagine if he actually tried to scheme us to victory. This is my problem. You could have any moron as the DC and our defense would be just as good because our personnel is that good.

Fangio is just too damn lazy, arrogant, or egotistical to come up with a good gameplan.
[ Edited by bigwads on Dec 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I think the Niners should worry about getting in the playoffs first, then worry about their wildcard game.

I agree, but one of the joys of being a fan is talking about whatever we want and not having to 'take it one game at a time'.

Good point. I have some friends already discussing next year's Superbowl victory in Santa Clara, giving us a total 7. lol
Stop the run make them beat us in the air.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Stop the run make them beat us in the air.

get to the playoffs first
Amen, cc, amen.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I think the Niners should worry about getting in the playoffs first, then worry about their wildcard game.

I agree, but one of the joys of being a fan is talking about whatever we want and not having to 'take it one game at a time'.

True. I am just weird and get superstitious
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Stop the run make them beat us in the air.

get to the playoffs first

Wow that's some insight you have.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Stop the run make them beat us in the air.

get to the playoffs first

Wow that's some insight you have.

Lol...this exchange is all insight
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Stop the run make them beat us in the air.

get to the playoffs first

Wow that's some insight you have.

Lol...this exchange is all insight

Maybe the mods should get rid of nfl draft forum then-since it's like six months away

If you have no comment on the topic then simply move on and leave us alone forum natzis.
take more peds than them!
We will send you guys the book on how to defeat Seattle but its pretty thick and has lots of big words with limited pictures.
Originally posted by wilsonforpresident:
We will send you guys the book on how to defeat Seattle but its pretty thick and has lots of big words with limited pictures.

You just lost ...man I swear Seattle gets dumber my the week
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You just lost ...man I swear Seattle gets dumber my the week

Yeah real dumber. Go Niners
We will catch them by surprise with the read option. We used it more than we have in the past the last game including a triple option. Teams will not be expecting it.