LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 136 users in the forums

49ers sign OG Ryan Seymour from Seattle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mankster:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Niners probably signed him to F with Seattle after Max Unger went down last week. Now they have 1 less lineman :D

Not really all that 'far fetched' of a thought.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/closer-look-49ers-comings-and-goings
This move does create some problems for Seattle. Center Max Unger left Sunday's game against the 49ers with a strained pectoral. The Seahawks carry nine offensive linemen on their 53-man roster, and Seymour was their only offensive lineman on the practice squad.

Niners probably signed him to F with Seattle after Max Unger went down last week. Now they have 1 less lineman :D

This move does create some problems for Seattle. Center Max Unger left Sunday's game against the 49ers with a strained pectoral. The Seahawks carry nine offensive linemen on their 53-man roster, and Seymour was their only offensive lineman on the practice squad.

that might be the motive, but carroll has already stated they expect unger to play this week
Originally posted by crabman82:
that might be the motive, but carroll has already stated they expect unger to play this week

Still fun to tweak Carroll's nose.
[ Edited by Mankster on Dec 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I love how this thread was created 8 hours after we signed the guy. Usually we're up to the minute on this stuff. Shows how excited we are to have him lol. Who knows? Maybe he's a diamond in the rough.

We are too busy in a euphoric state after shutting up those seaturds
Originally posted by crabman82:

i would think seymour stays with seattle, the team that drafted him, and whose sytem he knows, if he feels a cal up to active roster is imminent
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Think 2014, not just this season. Goodwin is on the way out. Iupati is entering his last year. They are just trying to find a diamond in the rough type player. And the Seahawks have a converted DT and a PS player as starters along their offensive line.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-fracisco-49ers-sign-guard-ryan-seymour-121013
3-year deal. No signing bonus. Guaranteed 3 weeks pay due to P-Squad rules.

He makes 3 weeks of a $405K base, then $420K in 2014, and $510K in 2015.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Time a waste... I think we should sign Richard Seymour instead of another dull signing like this one.. he wont even make the team. Richard however, can actually help this team when playoff comes..

why not sign him??

Cause he wants to be paid like a starter. And he isn't worth it. We dont have a lot of cap room.
to this day i still am stunned people do not understand this

Yep! Me neither.
Seymour has been under the radar but every report I see on him is generally good. He could be a surprise guy to join the roster .

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Seymour has been under the radar but every report I see on him is generally good. He could be a surprise guy to join the roster .

Very pleased with him. Given that his natural positions are C & G yet he has played very well at RT against the Ravens, is esp. encouraging. Basically, he's a younger, cheaper version of Snyder but doens't suck and actually has some upside.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Time a waste... I think we should sign Richard Seymour instead of another dull signing like this one.. he wont even make the team. Richard however, can actually help this team when playoff comes..

why not sign him??

Cause he wants to be paid like a starter. And he isn't worth it. We dont have a lot of cap room.
to this day i still am stunned people do not understand this

Yep! Me neither.

Armchair General Madden-gers
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

Nice bump. I agree with you. Most of the reports are good and I also thought he looked pretty good vs the Ravens. I currently have him on my 53 roster !

Originally posted by NCommand:
Very pleased with him. Given that his natural positions are C & G yet he has played very well at RT against the Ravens, is esp. encouraging. Basically, he's a younger, cheaper version of Snyder but doens't suck and actually has some upside.

Yes. All of this.
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:

Nice bump. I agree with you. Most of the reports are good and I also thought he looked pretty good vs the Ravens. I currently have him on my 53 roster !

Originally posted by NCommand:

Yes. All of this.

Me too! Let's keep the film reviews going on him...good test against the Broncos pass rushers this w/e! But if he can handle Aldon/Brooks/Skuta/Lemonier/Lynch he's off to a great start! He might be one of those like TJE last year who make the team and surprise a few.
None of this is boding well for Marcus Martin whom I thought was going to be our best pick.
I really think that kid has some talent and I hope it isn't wasted away on the bench.
Although Baalke might try and convince him to sit out a year and learn, I wouldn't mind that seeing all the positive reviews for Seymour
Share 49ersWebzone