LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

49ers sign OG Ryan Seymour from Seattle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Time a waste... I think we should sign Richard Seymour instead of another dull signing like this one.. he wont even make the team. Richard however, can actually help this team when playoff comes..

why not sign him??

Cause he wants to be paid like a starter. And he isn't worth it. We dont have a lot of cap room.
to this day i still am stunned people do not understand this
Niners probably signed him to F with Seattle after Max Unger went down last week. Now they have 1 less lineman :D
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Time a waste... I think we should sign Richard Seymour instead of another dull signing like this one.. he wont even make the team. Richard however, can actually help this team when playoff comes..

why not sign him??

I love how so many people in here know how the NFL works.

Miami singed a player off the 49ers practice squad.

An open spot needed to be filled they looked around the league at other teams squads and picked a guy.

10 years ago when there wasn't instant news and bored nfl talking heads twittering about non news worthy daily transactions no one outside the franchise knew or even cared about things like this.

When you sign someone off another teams practice squad you must put that player on your 55 man roster. You can't just fill a spot on your own PS with that player.

it's a 53 man roster durr and it's just for a 3 week min

my point is roster spots open up all the time and this was a direct result of the 49ers losing a player from their PS

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Fail. Way to try and be a smart ass.
not a fail because I am a smart ass.

Originally posted by FourNine49:
Niners probably signed him to F with Seattle after Max Unger went down last week. Now they have 1 less lineman :D

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

why not sign him??

Miami singed a player off the 49ers practice squad.

An open spot needed to be filled they looked around the league at other teams squads and picked a guy.

10 years ago when there wasn't instant news and bored nfl talking heads twittering about non news worthy daily transactions no one outside the franchise knew or even cared about things like this.

When you sign someone off another teams practice squad you must put that player on your 55 man roster. You can't just fill a spot on your own PS with that player.

my point is roster spots open up all the time and this was a direct result of the 49ers losing a player from their PS

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Fail. Way to try and be a smart ass.

this move was about tank carradine being put on IR. wylie being signed to the PS is about losing the safety to miami
GO INCOGNITO ON HIS ASS

No, Wylie was a result of losing a player of their PS, acquiring Morgan was because they needed more depth on the OL on their roster.
  • dj43
Does anyone else think this back and forth signing with Seattle has gotten a little silly?

I mean, really, is Seattle the only team with any decent 3rd string players that might replace a 3rd string player on our team?

I get that both teams are trying to stay up with their major opponent but I think it has gone a bit far.
Originally posted by dj43:
Does anyone else think this back and forth signing with Seattle has gotten a little silly?

I mean, really, is Seattle the only team with any decent 3rd string players that might replace a 3rd string player on our team?

I get that both teams are trying to stay up with their major opponent but I think it has gone a bit far.

to me its far less about intel, thats over stated IMO. both teams run good franchises and when we both need a roster spot filled we generally look to each other. its a quiet sign of respect in my mind. its clear to me that from 1 to 53 its the 2 most talented rosters in football.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

No, Wylie was a result of losing a player of their PS, acquiring Morgan was because they needed more depth on the OL on their roster.

I think we need an official practice squad thread so we can keep track of those 8 guys who will never play and the 3rd string Guard on the team that was just on a practice squad that will never play. Vital stuff.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I love how this thread was created 8 hours after we signed the guy. Usually we're up to the minute on this stuff. Shows how excited we are to have him lol. Who knows? Maybe he's a diamond in the rough.

Yeah, like Lockette, Baldwin, Carrier, FB from Stanford, the H-back we stole from Seattle, backup QB in Seattle and Gray? LOL. Kidding.

BTW: Anyone see Lockette knock Whitner on his ass after the play? Whitner was pissed, following him around, jarring with him across the field, etc. Wonder if he has any ill-feelings. LOL

It does seem a little crazy, but the Niners and Seahawks are basically built on the same philosophy of defense first and a power running game. It makes some sense that they keep poaching from each other's PS, but it sure may sound excessive to anyone else around the league.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

It does seem a little crazy, but the Niners and Seahawks are basically built on the same philosophy of defense first and a power running game. It makes some sense that they keep poaching from each other's PS, but it sure may sound excessive to anyone else around the league.

Not to mention the 9ers and Seahwaks are top 10 teams so why not steal from each other. You don't see the 9ers and Seahawks trying to pick off the Texans or Jags practice squad.
  • dj43
Originally posted by crabman82:

to me its far less about intel, thats over stated IMO. both teams run good franchises and when we both need a roster spot filled we generally look to each other. its a quiet sign of respect in my mind. its clear to me that from 1 to 53 its the 2 most talented rosters in football.

I don't disagree with any of that. I just find it amusing.
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Not really all that 'far fetched' of a thought.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/closer-look-49ers-comings-and-goings
This move does create some problems for Seattle. Center Max Unger left Sunday's game against the 49ers with a strained pectoral. The Seahawks carry nine offensive linemen on their 53-man roster, and Seymour was their only offensive lineman on the practice squad.
Share 49ersWebzone