There are 259 users in the forums

49ers signed WR Devon Wylie

Shop Find 49ers gear online
to the practice squad

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 1m The 49ers also announce signing of WR Devon Wylie to practice squad.
Cool. 4th round pick last year. Hopefully he has some upside as a slot WR / returner.
Idaho's got the weirdest boner all of a sudden.
Roseville native
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Cool. 4th round pick last year. Hopefully he has some upside as a slot WR / returner.

This, legit speed, not overly durable, but can definitely play out of the slot, if only the 49ers had a WR's coach that could develop WR's the way Tomsula does for DL's. I'd be dancing right now.
Excellent PR/slot WR potential.
  • mod
  • Veteran
YUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fresno State represent!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Lol. The Niners getting any WR makes me literally yawn. If he's a 4th round pick he's gonna need a coach to develop him of which we have none. We can't even get anything out of 1st and 2nd round receivers. Why do I care about a 4th rounder from a practice squad? He'll do absolutely nothing here but collect checks.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Idaho's got the weirdest boner all of a sudden.

Can't be weirder than the one he had for Elvis Akpla.

JK Idaho we love you.
YES we just solved our offensive woes

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Can't be weirder than the one he had for Elvis Akpla.

JK Idaho we love you.

With Wylie, the 49ers have a similar guy to a player he likes in Jalen Saunders, but at least Wylie weighs like a grown ass man.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This, legit speed, not overly durable, but can definitely play out of the slot, if only the 49ers had a WR's coach that could develop WR's the way Tomsula does for DL's. I'd be dancing right now.

Yup. Plug him into the Patriots system and he probably gets 100 catches easy if healthy lol.
Waste of time.
good sign to the PS. but he was a huge bust but no risk in signing and seeing if he has anything in the tank
I say PR/Slot for Wylie and LMJ for KR
Share 49ersWebzone