There are 191 users in the forums

Why defeating the Seahawks is more than just a win against a hated rival.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

must watch

lol!

finally people are starting to use their heads. Burr for prez.

Common knowledge to anyone that isn't a Seahawk fan. Like Burr says "When you have no championships, you have to find something to hang your hat on." I love the part where he is singing the Queen parody...classic.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
The Niners were definitely a better team on Sunday and deserve all the credit for their win. But there was nothing about that game that would lead me to believe that if the Niners would return to the Clink that they would suddenly put a whooping on the Hawks. The Hawks played a good tough game as well and lost to a good Niners team at the Stick by 2 points. Everyone acknowledges the Hawks have a very good HFA that probably accounts for 7 pts rather than the typical 3 most teams get at home. Now if the Niners were to have blown out the Hawks on Sunday (at least double digit win), that's a different story, but it was a close (and good) game. I wouldn't go assuming the Niners are suddenly going to whip the Hawks at home.

I don't think the niners would go to C-Link and blow them out. However, I will agree with the OP and say that the stars are starting to align for the 49ers. They're getting healthy, Kap is gaining his confidence back, and they may just end up going into the postseason with the momentum they need to go on the road and head back to the Super Bowl. Bottom line, the Seahawk cinderella story is going to end at some point. They will lose a game at home. They're not invincible and they're not head and shoulders above the other top teams in the league and the NFC. Who better than the niners to go up there and win that game? In week two, that game was MUCH closer than the score suggested. It was an extremely close game and the niner D fell apart towards the end. If the 49ers end up going back to C-Link during the postseason, they will be a much improved and different team than the team the Hawks saw in week two.

I honestly believe that the 49ers are going to go back to the Super Bowl. They have been hiding in the shadows all year and nobody has given them any respect. We have seen over the past several years multiple teams that were underdogs get into the post season, get healthy, and end up winning it all. It just seems to me that this may be happening for the 49ers right now. Not saying Seattle is not a great team and they won't do damage. I could be totally wrong, but right now that's my honest opinion. Even if the Hawks don't make it this year we still have to worry about them for years to come. They're a great team.
Playoff games have a tendency to somewhat level the playing field regardless of where the game is played. I'm not speaking of Clink in particular. It just seems that the advantage isn't quite as one sided as it is during the regular season. I suppose that is just because its the biggest game of the season and the butterflies are probably the same for both teams. Again I have no evidence to support this and its not my intention to take anything away from the Hawks fans and their obvious home field advantage but in playoff games it seems that both teams are under equal scrutiny. During the regular season it seems that the benefit of the doubt goes to the home team. I think that happens less in the playoffs. Putting up a respectable game in Seattle has been tough enough for this team. Winning in Seattle against a team that doesn't need any sort of advantage against anyone will be the biggest challenge this franchise has faced since trying to find a suitable replacement at Head Coach after Singletary.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

must watch

True!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
nep 1-1 bud

you're right....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Niners will be scariest team no one wants to face in the playoffs.

I'd put the Eagles right there as well. With Nick foles at the helm they are significantly better.

Harbs never beat Kelly in college... I'd like to see him get his chance and for Niners to smash them.

our defense matches up well with their offense , Bowman and Willis will keep Shady McCoy in check, and Foles will be running for his life all day

I like that...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
didnt oregon keep harbaughs stanford team from getting into a national championship game? i remember harbaugh losing to oregon a few times

That's what I thought, but not for certain...
  • JayT
  • Veteran
Teams that have the defense to contain Russell Wilson in the pocket and pressuring up the middle have a chance of beating Seattle. He normally kills teams by scrambling around and once out of the pocket he's lethal. The 49ers did an excellent job of that this last game. Really only one big play in the passing game for Seattle. I don't believe Seattle has the talent at the receiver position and unless he's improvising and breaking contain, their offense is average. Marshawn Lynch makes it go and if you shut him down, like in the second half, you beat Seattle. There were also signs earlier in the year that their defense had issues in the run game. They can be overly aggressive and a good running team will exploit that. Excellent call Roman and great play Frank. The 49ers didn't put up many passing yards but the passing game was effective when it needed to be. I think the Offense will become more consistent going forward and harder to prepare for. Teams have gone into Seattle and really played well, why not the niners? With the offense improving and the defense as good as they are, If I were Seattle, I wouldn't want to see this team. As someone said earlier, this ain't week two!
The score was close, 19-17 but the 49ers whipped them. The 49ers ran the ball down the gut of the Seahawks D on the last drive. This game was a heavyweight title fight. The 49ers pounded the body the entire fight and the Hawks caved in at the end.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree 100%. This was a big win. We beat what is probably the best team in the NFL.

The national media is downplaying the win because we won by a small margin. They point to our losing record against winning teams, and the fact that Seattle has blown us out twice @ CLink. They miss the point. We're getting healthy, the balance on offense is coming back, and we're in a better position to beat winning teams now than we were previously.

This isn't your week 2 49ers. This team can go on the road and win in the playoffs. All the pieces are here. Our best football is ahead of us.

Yea our losing record would be different if the Saints play was called. We were never blown out of any games except the Colts game. IN Seattle we moved the ball well. It was early in the season. Had we played smarter and made the plays we should have that game would have been much closer. A point is as good as a mile. Had Kap not thrown that pick it would have been much more in the rematch. Seattle doesn't want to play us at all. I hope that the Panthers go there. I think they can take them. Hopefully we jump the Panthers and play the NFC championship in SF.

Bobby Wagoner on ESPN2 saying everyone is scared of the Seahawks. Says the only way they lose this year is if they beat themselves.

We'll see.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Bobby Wagoner on ESPN2 saying everyone is scared of the Seahawks. Says the only way they lose this year is if they beat themselves.

We'll see.

Good, they are a dead team walking this year and all they do is make that target bigger.
There was just too much stacked against us last year.

Team that loses the SB supposed to suck next year.

We caught no breaks. Barely lose to good teams like saints and panthers while seahawks sneak by teams like bucs and rams.

Rode way too long of a winning streak into playoffs. Would have had to win 10 straight to win SB which is really rare in the first place.

Would have had to be the first team to ever win 4 road games in 4 consecutive weeks. All against playoff caliber teams, with the last game in the toughest place to play, possibly ever.

Combine that with Crabtree out and Vernon in and out of games and its incredible how far we got. If we won the SB last year, we woulda climbed Everest twice. Its crazy how close we were with so much stacked against us.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

We'll see.

ESPN2 =Idiots squared. They have a target on their back this year. I hate the Packers but will be cheering for them to get some revenge for the fail mary. Seahawks will learn why champions don't repeat often.
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:
There was just too much stacked against us last year.

Team that loses the SB supposed to suck next year.

We caught no breaks. Barely lose to good teams like saints and panthers while seahawks sneak by teams like bucs and rams.

Rode way too long of a winning streak into playoffs. Would have had to win 10 straight to win SB which is really rare in the first place.

Would have had to be the first team to ever win 4 road games in 4 consecutive weeks. All against playoff caliber teams, with the last game in the toughest place to play, possibly ever.

Combine that with Crabtree out and Vernon in and out of games and its incredible how far we got. If we won the SB last year, we woulda climbed Everest twice. Its crazy how close we were with so much stacked against us.

Which is why I don't understand why our own fans are doubting us for this year...I think last year was worse
Share 49ersWebzone