There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why defeating the Seahawks is more than just a win against a hated rival.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
seriously. were getting no kind of love but thats a good thing. we came out flat a couple times in the playoffs last year including the superbowl because they pumped us up in the media. im perfectly fine with our underdog/forgotten status.

Agree with you there. I love the role of the underdog. Just annoyed that a lot of national media completely disregard this win because it wasn't sexy enough for them.

f**k em, a wins a win and we can beat these punks again in the playoffs. not scared of anyone, with crabs back our offense is getting better every week

Yeah! This times infinity! GO NINERS!
f**k em, a wins a win and we can beat these punks again in the playoffs. not scared of anyone, with crabs back our offense is getting better every week

Hell yeah!!!

Hell yeah go 49ers!
Originally posted by tohara3:

Hell yeah!!!

Hell yeah go 49ers!

top notch defense, frank gore, kap finding receivers not named boldin and roman pulling his head out of his ass occasionally for air=championship
Agree 100%. This was a big win. We beat what is probably the best team in the NFL.

The national media is downplaying the win because we won by a small margin. They point to our losing record against winning teams, and the fact that Seattle has blown us out twice @ CLink. They miss the point. We're getting healthy, the balance on offense is coming back, and we're in a better position to beat winning teams now than we were previously.

This isn't your week 2 49ers. This team can go on the road and win in the playoffs. All the pieces are here. Our best football is ahead of us.

This feels like that 2010 Packers squad (who went through a s**t ton of injuries/setbacks at the beginning), there's something special about this team, the resolve, the passion, and strength over adversity.
I hate how the media says we can't win a against a winning team... the Refs handed the Saints that game, and the game between us and the Panthers was a street fight, could have gone either way.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I hate how the media says we can't win a against a winning team... the Refs handed the Saints that game, and the game between us and the Panthers was a street fight, could have gone either way.

Agreed, but championship teams win games like that. I hope things keep improving with crabs back
Your right with the win against Seattle assuming they care of business against Tampa Atlanta and Arizona they will head into the post season with a 6 game win streak and with high confidence. What worries me though is the offense and Romans play calling is still not good enough it's improving but the offense doesn't scare any one. Yesterday the Niners scored on there first 3 possessions which is good but they were all Dawson field goals in the playoffs 9 points might not be good enough they have to take those opportunities and turn them into 21. Especially on the road in hostile environments. The offense was able to move the ball against one of the best defenses in the league that's a good sign now they just got to turn that into touchdowns. Kaep is heating up a little Boldin is un stoppable right now. Crabtree is slowly getting his groove back Davis is as good as has all year. They got to get all these guys clicking on all cylinders heading into the post season.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Niners will be scariest team no one wants to face in the playoffs.
Kap and Crabs are getting their chemistry back. If Aldon can get back to being a sack machine while the team builds momentum for the playoffs, the sky's the limit.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Kap and Crabs are getting their chemistry back. If Aldon can get back to being a sack machine while the team builds momentum for the playoffs, the sky's the limit.

was kinda upset he didnt get to wilson but they had him dropping back in coverage a lot. i dont think it was a game where over rushing wouldve helped, we woulda got massacred by wilsons legs if they chased him out to run. they kept contain and covered their receiving targets. fangio's game plan was legit. i expect a full on assault on the bucs this week tho
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
must watch

Bill Burr has always been one of my favorite comedians. He just shot way up on my list. That is hilarious.
if these a*****e refs call the game like they should, i think we have a chance against sea in SEA.
Takin down the hawks was big. If the rams or cards can get a W against them too, does that put us top of the NFCW? But im hoping that we can exploit K.J Wright being out with a broken foot next time we play them, if we play them, in the playoffs. Containing Wilson and Lynch was one of the biggest keys in our win on sunday. We need to create some turnovers and turn our drives into 7s instead of 3s. I believe our 4(Crab, Davis, Boldin, and MM) are better than their 4( whoever they put in coverage) talent wise. Somebody will win their one on one matchup. We need to stop their pass rush somehow and give Kap some time to see the field and we will take down the hawks forsure.
Good win for you guys, good loss for us. Keeps the teams focused. They both know exactly what they need to do in order to go deep in the playoffs. Looking forward to the next game in January.

Go 'Hawks!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Niners will be scariest team no one wants to face in the playoffs.

I'd put the Eagles right there as well. With Nick foles at the helm they are significantly better.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:41 AM ]