LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

What the Seattle win COULD mean

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was checking out the last few SB champs, and compared this years niners to the 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, and lasts years Ravens. All had to win 3 road games( and all beating both the #1 and #2 seeds), and all were not healthy at the start of the year but full strength in the playoffs. The Packers and Giants had a .520 SOS vs the niners .518 so far this year. This team can win at Seattle as long as they play with their heads on their shoulders, which is something they couldn't do in the SB last year.

Also you need some luck and some love from the officials.
Originally posted by senseimatt:
I was checking out the last few SB champs, and compared this years niners to the 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, and lasts years Ravens. All had to win 3 road games( and all beating both the #1 and #2 seeds), and all were not healthy at the start of the year but full strength in the playoffs. The Packers and Giants had a .520 SOS vs the niners .518 so far this year. This team can win at Seattle as long as they play with their heads on their shoulders, which is something they couldn't do in the SB last year.

Hope that all goes our way
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Realistically the road to the superbowl is going to be more similar to the Ravens of last season only a lot tougher as the NFC is pretty stacked.

If there's a team built for the road in the NFC it's us! The only real questionmark is playing in Seattle. Whoever wins there is more than likely the Superbowl winner.

Reminds me of the good ol' championship match ups between 49ers and Cowboys, the winner usually was the champion.

Be careful of what you wish for. There's a good chance a Peyton Manning led Denver Broncos team will obliterate the NFC rep in the SB.

LOL. There is a better chance of the Manning led Broncos being one and done come playoff time.

Esp if they finish with a first round bye.
IF the Giants can go into Lambeau and knock off the 15-1 Packers, then a much better 49ers team can go into Seattle and knock off a (14-2?) Seahawks. They've got to lose in Seattle at some point. We just have to figure out how to communicate efficiently on offense without being able to hear s**t. That noise is such a ridiculous advantage. We are the better team and can beat them anywhere. It's just so much more difficult in Seattle.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
IF the Giants can go into Lambeau and knock off the 15-1 Packers, then a much better 49ers team can go into Seattle and knock off a (14-2?) Seahawks. They've got to lose in Seattle at some point. We just have to figure out how to communicate efficiently on offense without being able to hear s**t. That noise is such a ridiculous advantage. We are the better team and can beat them anywhere. It's just so much more difficult in Seattle.

it totally can be done. just needs an A+ effort. a B+ effort wont cut it. also if we're there in the playoffs that means we've won one and possibly 2 playoff games to get there. we wouldnt be going playing like s**t.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Can someone explain the Playoff matchups.

1st round: #1 and #2 bye. #3 Hosts #6, and #4 hosts #5 seeds.
2nd round: Does #1 seed automatically get the lowest remaining seed, or is it a bracket?

Cause whether we finish 5th or 6th, i doubt both wildcard teams win on the road. People are thinking getting 5th would prevent us from playing Seattle in 2nd round, but really, as long as the 3rd team beats 6th place, we woud be lowest at 5th and play Seattle anway.,

yes they do re-seed. as the #1 seed you get the lowest remaining seed in the divisional round

Carolina should destroy Detroit

Last year's Ravens didn't have to win 3 road games. I believe their first game was at home against the Colts.
Originally posted by real9erfan:

Last year's Ravens didn't have to win 3 road games. I believe their first game was at home against the Colts.

additionally the 2011 giants won their division and had a home playoff game vs the falcons.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by real9erfan:

additionally the 2011 giants won their division and had a home playoff game vs the falcons.

Correct.
2 reasons WHY I COULD have diarrhea.

I ate something BAD earlier

I've held my s**t in for SO LONG that it has just built up into a MOUNTAIN of s**t in my stomach and is about ready to flow out like an avalanche of hot steamy s**t
[ Edited by defenderDX on Dec 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]

Originally posted by defenderDX:
2 reasons WHY I COULD have diarrhea.

I ate something BAD earlier

I've held my s**t in for SO LONG that it has just built up into a MOUNTAIN of s**t in my stomach and is about ready to flow out like an avalanche of hot steamy s**t

LOL i like the out of place comment
As Long as the 49ERS get in and get in healthy I'm Good. For me its ONE GAME AT A TIME,ONE PLAY AT A TIME!!!!If we don't beat Tampa Sunday then its all pointless anyway. ONE GAME AT A TIME,ONE PLAY AT A TIME!!
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Two reasons why this team is NOT like the 2011 Giants:

1. The 2011 Giants didn't have to try to win in Seattle.

2. The 2013 Seahawks don't have Kyle Williams

1. No, they had to try and win against the NFL MVP and the 15-1 Packers at Lambeau. Something people gave the Giants just as much a chance to doing as they give the 9ers this year (assuming it goes down that way).

2. True. But neither do the 49ers. But the 2013 49ers are a FAR better team than the 2011 Giants.

1. Playing in GB is easier than playing in SEA.

2. I agree the 2013 Niners are better than the 2011 Giants. But the 2013 Seahwaks are better (especially at home) than the 2011 Niners.

Confused yet?
The Seahawks are NOT better than us!
Russell Wilson's career QB Rating: 103.0
Russell Wilson's QB Rating vs. 9ers: 80.4

(47 comp. 88 attempts 634 yds 6 TDs 4 INTs) and really, he had one stellar game with 4TDs and 1 INT. The other three games have been very pedestrian.

- worst for any team with more than one game played

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000293656/Mind-blowing-stats-Russell-Wilson-vs-49ers
Share 49ersWebzone