There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

On the Road to the Superbowl: Areas of Improvement

Originally posted by cciowa:
we had to play with a air of desperation. due to our dips**t OC we lost games to the colts and panthers which makes every win important. so yes the team played their hearts out because they knew they had to win,, the rest of your blather is just that. i like your statement how the refs will dare not call penalties up there. what do you threaten to beat them up? you could not run the ball and i think your guys did not know what to do when the niners punched back

No there wont be any threats to the refs, but mostly the refs don't throw flags about ticky tack contact against the home team. A good example was yesterdays game.. You guys got away with so much, while we were flagged for any little contact.

The point is, indeed you guys gave it your absolute best yesterday and considering it was your home and every call was in your favor, and still only beat us by 2.. Thats not something I'd be too positive about, nor looking to go to Seattle in a playoff atmosphere.
[ Edited by tackleon on Dec 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by tackleon:
No there wont be any threats to the refs, but mostly the refs don't throw flags about ticky tack contact against the home team. A good example was yesterdays game.. You guys got away with so much, while we were flagged for any little contact.

The point is, indeed you guys gave it your absolute best yesterday and considering it was your home and every call was in your favor, and still only beat us by 2.. Thats not something I'd be too positive, nor looking to go to Seattle in a playoff atmosphere.

Is this guy for real? Delusional much? How can almost an entire fan base be collectively so delusional? The DSM V was built for you.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Is this guy for real? Delusional much? How can almost an entire fan base be collectively so delusional? The DSM V was built for you.

Do you mind explaining what I am so delusional about??
  • fryet
  • Veteran

The point is, indeed you guys gave it your absolute best yesterday and considering it was your home and every call was in your favor, and still only beat us by 2.. Thats not something I'd be too positive about, nor looking to go to Seattle in a playoff atmosphere.

I remember us getting penalties too, including taunting and a ticky-tack unnecessary roughness penalty. Seattle earned their penalties yesterday for the most part. There were only a couple that were debatable.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
This game could have very well been handed to Seattle solely based on stupid, dumb@zz mistakes like taunting and retaliation. Why on Earth would you act a fool and run your mouth and risk a penalty during the game when you can save it until after the win? Harbaugh needs to send a stronger message to the impulsive fools who cost the team 15 yard penalties of stupidity. If I was coach, I'd bench your @zz now that we have depth at almost every position.

Whitner (obvious) and Bowman (lame). But you HAVE to have composure and KNOW going into the game the Hawks are going to get away with murder...they will talk, taunt, shove, initiate, etc. No excuses for these two veterans! Period. Granted, this was a very poor officiating crew but like someone noted, at least they called a COUPLE holding penalties on their DB's.

This is what can not happen again when we meet up with the SeaChickens in the playoffs. All the players just need to ignore the dirty tactics by the SeaChicken and stay cool.

BTW does the team have anyone to replace Carlos Rodgers, dude is playing terrible.
ROMAN AND THE O-LINE!!!

Enough said. Seriously the O-line could've played much better yesterday, but the OC in Roman baffles me. I sometimes am just at a loss for words with his play calling.

I'll tell you this much gentleman. WE WILL NOT WIN THE SUPER BOWL IF WE KEEP KICKING FG'S IN THE REDZONE!!!!!

As television and analysts explained carefully with video images, the NFL doesn't allow defensive holding and pass interference. Do seahawk fans even know there are NFL rules the rest of the league plays by? Keep crying about it
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
we had to play with a air of desperation. due to our dips**t OC we lost games to the colts and panthers which makes every win important. so yes the team played their hearts out because they knew they had to win,, the rest of your blather is just that. i like your statement how the refs will dare not call penalties up there. what do you threaten to beat them up? you could not run the ball and i think your guys did not know what to do when the niners punched back

I hate when fan boys try to justify their teams lost by saying... "Oh you only won by two". In the NFL a win is a win, and the ones like we got yesterday are harder to get. Truth be told had your DB's not been holding on some of those flags that were thrown the result of the play would have gained us much more yards than what the flag did. The Refs were calling holding and not the standard PI (15 yards and 1st). On top of that we settled for field goals in the red zone two times, not to mention we held you bums to 3 points in the second half. Out side of the second quarter we held your offense in check and dominated the game. At this point I could care less if we play in Settle during the playoffs, Crab is only two games back and looked damn good for a guy coming off injury and in the second game of his season. He has 4-5 more games before we see you guys again and I would bet my bottom dollar he and Ham will look a lot better. One more side note, I wasn't mad at Kap for that pick you threw because he was trying to throw a back shoulder fade instead of putting everything on a rope like he always does, and he missed it by only a yard. You can see the confidence in Kap now that he has all his guys and it will only get better in upcoming weeks.
When Gore is at the top of any area of improvement list, i stop f**king reading.

He doesnt need top end speed to be dominate. He just gets it done. Did you see the size of that hole he got through yesterday? Almost any other RB in the league takes a loss on that play.
Originally posted by fryet:
I remember us getting penalties too, including taunting and a ticky-tack unnecessary roughness penalty. Seattle earned their penalties yesterday for the most part. There were only a couple that were debatable.

I agree we did earn most of those penalties, but whats unfair and shouldnt happen again is the refs completely ignoring the holding calls on you guys.. Especially the TD drive just before the half.. Go back and watch that drive and tell me as a football fan if there wasnt a clear cut hold on almost every play by ur O-line and not a single one was called. Then on the crucial 3rd and 7 Kaep scramble near the end of the game for the first down, the CB was clearly held from making an easy tackle. These are the game changers! Having a penalty against you guys on our 10 yard line doesnt change much (ie Whitners Personal foul). There was still 75 yards to go for a score. Anyhow.. Congrats on the win. See you guys in Seattle. Never a better time to get revenge than kicking the enemy out of the picture for good.

That game was not as close as the score showed. You know it, i know it, and anyone being honest about the outcome knows it. 49ers won every aspect of the game handily. It was NOT our best performance. We actually left quite a few points on the field yesterday.

Come playoffs, if we do have to go to seattle, this will be a much improved team than what it is now. We are only getting more healthy, and the offense is only going to get better.

You guys are indeed a scary team to play at home, but lets not sit hee and pretend like there is some sort of huge difference in talent level between the two teams.

Not only that, but this is a playoff tested veteran team. NFC championship, then superbowl in back to back years proves that, and the teams we beat to get to where we got the last two years were no chumps.

lol. i think it's pretty self-explanatory what you are delusional about. Thank you though, i needed a good laugh today
Originally posted by fryet:

I agree we did earn most of those penalties, but whats unfair and shouldnt happen again is the refs completely ignoring the holding calls on you guys.. Especially the TD drive just before the half.. Go back and watch that drive and tell me as a football fan if there wasnt a clear cut hold on almost every play by ur O-line and not a single one was called. Then on the crucial 3rd and 7 Kaep scramble near the end of the game for the first down, the CB was clearly held from making an easy tackle. These are the game changers! Having a penalty against you guys on our 10 yard line doesnt change much (ie Whitners Personal foul). There was still 75 yards to go for a score. Anyhow.. Congrats on the win. See you guys in Seattle. Never a better time to get revenge than kicking the enemy out of the picture for good.

What about the no call PI on Crabtree, that was extremely obvious and an easy call, that would have set us up at first and goal? That was the biggest no call of the game.

We could do this all day.....
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
What about the no call PI on Crabtree, that was extremely obvious and an easy call, that would have set us up at first and goal? That was the biggest no call of the game.

We could do this all day.....

Yea that was a big no call.. I agree to that.
Kap needs to work on the underneath and swing pass. If he gets this fixed, life will be a lot easier for him.