There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Osgood Punt Block & Illegal Advance of Ball

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
I like this guy, but, lol, yall f**kers are crazy.

why? did you like our special teams before people like he and bubba were signed?

That 2012 ST's unit
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:

why? did you like our special teams before people like he and bubba were signed?

That 2012 ST's unit

from a num nuts kicker to the coverage units. pathetic was really happy to see them be ultra aggressive in addressing that during last off season and am extra happy they are , aside from dixon, keeping that unit in tact
Very happy about Osgood re-sign. Our ST's really improved from a step-back of 2012... and it it nice to see this unit come back mostly intact. This is a good x-factor to have in our team; always a good chance they make a big play.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

Per @RavensInsider, Osgood getting $955k base, $20k first game roster bonus. Interesting…..
One of our best ST'ers...I'm sure Coach Seely's a happy camper.
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

The poster may like to see special teams touchdowns. Scored by the other team that is. What's more exciting than having the other team return a kick for a TD against you in a big moment?
This thread needs a new thread title like "The Kassim "All is Good" Osgood Part Bus". Glad he is back. Hell of a spec teamer.
Why do we keep making all these stupid boring free-agent moves? We need to sign a bunch of big name players who are past their prime with huge egos and inflated contracts.
VERY happy Osgood is back!
How many players do the 49ers have that our strictly ST players? I like Osgood, Ventrone, etc, but at some point having players they can eventually develop is more important to the team as a whole. Not every young player they cut is going to be Marcus Cooper, but most teams only carry 1 ST ace, thankfully Skuta can play LB as well.
Osgood is a leader on ST, and can play WR in a pinch. Great signing and people who are criticizing obviously have forgotten how different the Super Bowl might have been if we didn't give up that TD to start the half.
Originally posted by trogdor:
Osgood is a leader on ST, and can play WR in a pinch. Great signing and people who are criticizing obviously have forgotten how different the Super Bowl might have been if we didn't give up that TD to start the half.

I am not criticizing but you got to look at it both ways, had the 9ers had an actual WR on the team while Crabtree was out, they might have one an extra game and the NFCG would have been in SF and not Sea.
Stoked he's back. He's a BOSS on ST's.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I am not criticizing but you got to look at it both ways, had the 9ers had an actual WR on the team while Crabtree was out, they might have one an extra game and the NFCG would have been in SF and not Sea.

We have plenty of receivers. You're picking on Osgood.

You should be looking upstairs for why our secondary receiving corps did so little.

I'll also bet if Osgood signed with NE last year, he would have caught at least 10 passes for 100 yards.

Different system, different results.