There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So tell me again why Harbaugh passed up on Sherman/Baldwin

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Originally posted by Jcool:
1. Seattle is not "hitting on all of theirs" 2. We have "hit" on far more then just Aldon and Reid.

Under Harbaugh? Please give an example.

Kaepernick, Culliver, Hunter, Miller, James. And while its still early: Lemonier, McDonald, Patton.

Plus maybe Dial, Tank and Latt.
he wanted to see another useless thread, thats why.
cause he's not the gm
Dumb thread award
All this talk about Harbaugh's act "waring thin in the locker room" and the potential trade rumor to Cleveland, I want your honest opinion as fans as to which coach YOU FEEL has the more impressive resume.

To be completely honest, I was so hopeful to land Pete Carroll (to the 49ers) after the 2009 season, then when I heard that Seattle had landed him, I knew they were getting a superb coach because I followed USC so closely.. Now, in 2010 after the mess with Singletary and Carroll winning the NFC West in his first year at 7-9, I had followed Stanford and Harbaugh a bit closer now that Carroll was out of USC, and the success that Harbaugh brought to both San Diego State and Stanford. As soon as we FIRED Singletary, I knew Harbaugh would have been "THE PERFECT" coach for the 49ers. In comes Harbaugh in 2011, and the "Whats your deal" rivalry was renewed!!

I am one of many fans, I am sure, that hopes we can extend Harbaugh for ATLEAST another 4-5 years. I think it is quite ridiculous how quickly we forget 2003-2010 0 winning seasons, 0 playoff games during that stint. Harbaugh is that "FRANCHISE COACH" only coach that I can honestly argue that may be better currently in the NFL would be Belichick with the Patriots, I guess you can say Carroll is pretty close depending on what he can do this next season and so forth.. So here is a closer look at Harbaugh v. Carroll in their current NFL stint.

Harbaugh: 3 seasons, 2 NFC West championships, 3 NFC championship games with 1 Superbowl Loss. Record including post season 41-14-1.
Carroll : 4 seasons, 2 NFC West championships, 1 NFC Championship game with 1 Superbowl Win. Record including post season 43-28.

Is Harbaugh his own worst enemy because of the early success?
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Mar 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM ]
Interesting way to look at this...
As long as J. Harbaugh keeps himself real, humble and right minded in is quest as an NFL Coach... this shouldnt be an issue.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

I don't understand this question.
Do we really need another thread about this? Can't it go into the existing discussion about Harbaugh?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Do we really need another thread about this? Can't it go into the existing discussion about Harbaugh?

But, but, but he made a poll and everything!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

I don't understand this question.

I don't understand it either. What is this entire thread asking? The success Harbaugh has had in his first 3 seasons is unprecedented.
[ Edited by Disp on Mar 4, 2014 at 12:30 PM ]
Check Boldin's comments. And, in consequence.....
I have always wondered why he hates Jim so much? Jim converted him from a WR to a CB at Stanford and he has become one of the best on the game. That's a genius move to call for the transformation. If Sherman was still at wide receiver he might be floating around in the arena league or using his Stanford diploma somewhere. I just wonder why he never gives coach Harbaugh credit for making him move. He owes a little of his success to that move right?

I mean, if your boss moved you into a different job, one that you had a niche for, and it eventually earned you millions of dollars and unprecedented fame and glory wouldn't you be a little thankful to the ole boss man?
Sherman's just a douche. He doesn't think like a normal person would.
Didn't Harbs apparently down talk his skills during the draft which he believes led him to be drafted lower than he should have been. I think that's where most of the hate stems from.
Shehawk fans coming strong with wild conspiracy theories in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

The fact is, as thoroughly detailed in a Mike Silver story last year, Sherman consciously invents stuff to be pi$$ed about to elevate his game.