There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So tell me again why Harbaugh passed up on Sherman/Baldwin

Originally posted by lamontb:
Just dont think he likes Sherman. Its been reported that Sherman believes Harbaugh bad mouthed him to coaches when they asked Harbaugh about him.

When you are trying to foster a team first attitude and you walk into a locker room full of proud veteran guys like Alex, Justin, Patrick, Gore, VD, Ray and you add Goodwin, Whitner, Carlos etc the last thing you need is some brash, mouthy, look at me types coming in as rookies. As for SEA those guys fit Carroll's MO. They and their mouths fit right into Carroll's locker room culture where there is copious talk, PED usage and dirty play. Here, that wouldn't fly. Those rookies would have been decked in their mouths and told to sit the f*** down!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM ]
One thing about sherman is that the guy cannot tackle or is terrible at it I say challenge him
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Given, Baldwin is not elite, but I'll go out on a limb and say he's better than any WR Harbaugh has drafted. And while the jury is still out on Kap, other than Aldon and Reid, we have a HUGE amount of draft picks that have yet to pay off. Meanwhile, it seems Seattle is hitting on all of theirs under Carroll. Harbaugh should have known better than anyone what those guys were capable of.

This franchise doesn't draft local guys

Last one we drafted is, I believe, kwame Harris
I talked to a guy who played football at Stanford last year and he said harbaugh wasn't the most endearing to his players and that a lot of them didn't like him, a guy like sherman probably would've ruined what harbaugh was going to go for.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
One thing about sherman is that the guy cannot tackle or is terrible at it I say challenge him

This.

Even Asomugha is a better tackler than him and that says a lot because Asomugha sucks at tackling.
I couldn't see Sherman on this team based on his attitude, and Baldwin is a sub par WR. Wilson and Beast Mode are the only reason that offense is even respectable.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Given, Baldwin is not elite, but I'll go out on a limb and say he's better than any WR Harbaugh has drafted. And while the jury is still out on Kap, other than Aldon and Reid, we have a HUGE amount of draft picks that have yet to pay off. Meanwhile, it seems Seattle is hitting on all of theirs under Carroll. Harbaugh should have known better than anyone what those guys were capable of.

1. Seattle is not "hitting on all of theirs" 2. We have "hit" on far more then just Aldon and Reid.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MichaelHuffTexas:
I talked to a guy who played football at Stanford last year and he said harbaugh wasn't the most endearing to his players and that a lot of them didn't like him, a guy like sherman probably would've ruined what harbaugh was going to go for.

They must have really HATED going 20-6 in Harbaugh's last two year and must have really really hated winning the Orange bowl.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I couldn't see Sherman on this team based on his attitude, and Baldwin is a sub par WR. Wilson and Beast Mode are the only reason that offense is even respectable.

This. Now I would say that Baldwin Tate and Kearse are good WRs but they get favorable looks when teams try to stack the box for Lynch and Russ. When you have 3 DBs chasing WRs and a very mobile QB that can dance around until they get an opening and then said QB can rifle the ball in there all of a sudden mediocre to good WRs look better than what they are. And I will give credit to what Wilson has done and I can see him as a legitimate MVP candidate
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

1. Seattle is not "hitting on all of theirs" 2. We have "hit" on far more then just Aldon and Reid.

Our only draft that sucked was in 2012 and we have expertly found gems in FA to supplement 2 out of 3 very good drafts

Truth be told a lot of players are always salty after they leave college because their careers don't go as planned. Rather it be not making it to the NFL, or the fact that took up a BS degree while at school and can't get a decent job in the work force afterwards.

Truth be told a lot of players are always salty after they leave college because their careers don't go as planned. Rather it be not making it to the NFL, or the fact that took up a BS degree while at school and can't get a decent job in the work force afterwards.

Maybe him and those salty players has something against Harbaugh because they committed to Stanford because of him and he left for a better opportunity in the NFL as a HC. I would be mad too if I committed to a program and put my football career on a coach's hand, and he burned me and left to go somewhere else. I don't blame Harbaugh tho..
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

We have been 13-3, 11-4-1, and are currently 8-4 under Harbaugh. Please let us appreciate where we are and to say the jury is stll out on Kap? Cmon man. This kid is our QB of the present and the future barring any freak injury.

This ^
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Maybe him and those salty players has something against Harbaugh because they committed to Stanford because of him and he left for a better opportunity in the NFL as a HC. I would be mad too if I committed to a program and put my football career on a coach's hand, and he burned me and left to go somewhere else. I don't blame Harbaugh tho..

Eh don't buy that since David Shaw is doing an amazing job at Stanford. More likely it was some 3rd string player who thought he should be starting.
Ego