LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Harbaugh implores mocked fan base to make noise Sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You know season ticket holders, if you're not going to scream your guts out when Seattle's defense is on the field, then give your ticket to some one who will. I'm so sick of weak fare weather fans that just twiddle their thumbs and do waves at games. I don't care if you've been a season ticket holder for thirty years, or that some clown in a security jacket scares you by telling you to shut up. Just get off your asses and scream right back like there is no tomorrow. I can't be the only hardcore Niners fan here, am I?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 49glory:
well the niners have the problem of crazy mexican gangbangers beating people up during and after games, so its best not to get things too riled up as visitors may not make it home. this probably explains the ushers.

Some of the hoodlums will probably be priced out in Levi

Those are criminals not fans, Just because some idiot wears the teams colors does not make him a fan. Ushers telling you to shut up? I don't think Jed would like to hear that. Next time take the clowns name and report his ass! As far as gang bangers... Show your solidarity and know that strength is in numbers and be your brother's keeper. You see somebody starting crap you do something, or get help and stop it. I can't speak for other people, but if I see a punk attacking somebody in the bathroom, I'm taking my phone and knocking his teeth out.
[ Edited by vermonator on Dec 5, 2013 at 6:30 AM ]
I'm an East Coast fan and when I watch them on TV they are either silent when the opposing team is on defense or they are doing a Let's go Niners chant when the offense is on the field. It's baffling.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Dec 5, 2013 at 6:28 AM ]
I sat in the north endzone seats , we got pretty loud in our section , if it weren't for a few youngsters getting tossed out for smoking some pot, we would have had an incident free game experience ...we had some gangbangers in our section with the niner jerseys that had "San Bruno" on the back of em, they weren't too bad and didnt cause any problems .......but I did notice a few other sections weren't so enthusiastic about getting loud, lot of fans sitting on their seats and getting annoyed at the fans that would stand up and cheer after a big play ...I dont understand those lame ass fans?? ..they are the ones that need to stay home if they are annoyed by loud cheering
I think this will feel like a home game for seattle.. There will be lots of blue at the stadium. If anything, it won't be quite when 49ers offense is on the field.
I don't think this will "feel like a home game for seattle" this weekend. Hopefully the visitors won't have much to cheer about.

However, after attending both the 49ers and Seahawks games last weekend, I can say that their fans are ridiculously loud. We sat in roughly the same area for the respective games and it was a very different experience. Much of it was probably due to the fact Seattle had a MNF prime time game against a playoff opponent whereas we were an afternoon game against the Rams. At the 49ers game I probably stood up around a dozen times during big plays and yelled with other 49er fans at appropriate times (i.e. not when Kap was trying to get a play snapped). The acoustics at candlestick were also terrible with inability to hear the loud speakers or refs, but that will be fixed next year in the new stadium. At the Seahawks game I never (I mean never) sat down because if you did you'd miss the whole game. Nobody complained about standing and when I looked around, almost the entire stadium was standing. I used to also think it was only the architecture of that stadium to make all the noise, but after being there and seeing those crazy b*****ds, I know the fans do their part as well.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Bay Area fans in general are just more laid back and pretty complacent. Many still remember the dynasty years so there's kind of a "been there, done that" edge to things. They're pretty spoiled and entitled about it as well.

Seattle...is like the sports version of Siberia. Their trophy case is pathetic, basically no sports legacy. They got the finger from the NBA and lost the Sonics to the Okies, and it's depressing as f**k and rains all the time. So it's not surprising that they would rally around the type of success the Seahawks are having.
Originally posted by vermonator:
You know season ticket holders, if you're not going to scream your guts out when Seattle's defense is on the field, then give your ticket to some one who will. I'm so sick of weak fare weather fans that just twiddle their thumbs and do waves at games. I don't care if you've been a season ticket holder for thirty years, or that some clown in a security jacket scares you by telling you to shut up. Just get off your asses and scream right back like there is no tomorrow. I can't be the only hardcore Niners fan here, am I?

You aren't the only hardcore fan here. However, I think we should be quiet when Seattle's defense is on the field and be cheering loudest when the 49ers' defense is on the field. Obviously cheering for successful offensive plays by the 49ers is welcomed, but by remaining quiet while Kaep is calling plays it helps out the offense. If we are loudest when Seattle's offense is on the field it makes it more difficult for Seattle's offensive players to hear the calls Wilson is making. Like always happens to us when playing in Seattle, or elsewhere. It seems as if there are many 49er fans at the games who don't get that, like they are not as educated "football-wise" as fans of other teams.
Originally posted by Seadoc:
I think this will feel like a home game for seattle.. There will be lots of blue at the stadium. If anything, it won't be quite when 49ers offense is on the field.

Originally posted by vermonator:

This is the problem when you have a team with the storied franchise you all are proud of in such a rich city. You're going to have a lot of season ticket holders and/or game goers who really don't know anything about football. Just for fun I looked at a lot of the season ticket holder prices (and charter prices for your new stadium) and they are unGodly rich. And I just don't imagine a lot of crazy loud fans with those kind of pockets.

Originally posted by zaghawk:
This is the problem when you have a team with the storied franchise you all are proud of in such a rich city. You're going to have a lot of season ticket holders and/or game goers who really don't know anything about football. Just for fun I looked at a lot of the season ticket holder prices (and charter prices for your new stadium) and they are unGodly rich. And I just don't imagine a lot of crazy loud fans with those kind of pockets.

First of all it doesn't mean they don't know anything about football. This is especially true if they've been season ticket holders long enough to remember the glory years. Way to generalize and stereotype while also finding a subtle way to take a jab at 49ers fans. Seriously, if you spend this much time on a 49ers message board how much are you spending on .nut? Are you a member of the official 49ers message board too?
C'mon Niner Noise, drum louder!

Is Harbaugh scared? Sure sounds like it, the fact that he's practically begging for crowd noise to help beat the Seacawks is quite disturbing.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Dec 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Is Harbaugh scared? Sure sounds like it, the fact that he's practically begging for crowd noise to help beat the Seacawks is quite disturbing.

You really think that ?
I don't think the loudness will affect the SEA offense. They only have 2 types of plays:

1. Lynch run
  2. Wilson running around and buying time for someone to get open

They don't audible. Wilson creates his own audibles.
Share 49ersWebzone