There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh implores mocked fan base to make noise Sunday

"I would hope for that (crowd noise) this week," Harbaugh said. "That Candlestick will get it cranked up. Make it a real great environment because it will be a great football game. I know players will be very enthusiastic for the game. If this doesn't fire up the fans, then what does?" ~ Harbaugh
LINK - > http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/12/04/49ers-fans-have-made-noise-for-wrong-reasons-in-2013/

Well now, who's going to the game? You know the one I'm talking about I think.
Fans MUST Make More Noise this Sunday and there better not be any weenies telling people to be quiet or sit down when there is a huge play and people are trying to lean into their screaming. I know it was/is always harder to scream full tilt when sitting down.

It's going to be wacko and for sure all the people who have sold their seats to a broker or straight out to a Hags fan are pinheads for doing that especially in a game of this magnitude. And as we all know SF is one of THE very worst at selling their seats to opposing fans..ohhh because the money is good! Sad s**t fer sure..

I can't go, I'm thousands of miles away for this game, but for over 25 years I never came home from a home game with a good voice, mostly took days to get it right again. So I'm hoping Niner fans will let it all hang for this one..

GO NINERS!!!

MAKE MORE NOISE!!!!

<<==============>>

Here's a damn good quote from a fan in the comments of the column linked above' this says it all for me, to wit:

"I've been in the same seat for the last 31 seasons at The Stick (never missed a game and never left a game early). In the past three or four years, I've been told several times by the usher in my section to "sit down and shut up". She says those are her instructions and it doesn't matter if we're on defense and it's 3rd down. I'm a grandfather of 8, so don't think I'm some drunk kid mouthing off... just trying to cheer for my team.

It's the pu$$yfication of the game, both on the field and in the stands, that made me decide that I'm not going to Pants Park (Levis Stadium). Just not the same sport or game day experience that I grew up with, at least in SF. I'm sure all the google and facebook kids that will be buying up the rights to the new venue will be asking what inning it is as they do the wave, if they're not selling their tickets to opposing team fans. No thanks"

Pretty good, don't you think? NINERS!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM ]
To me that says more about the team stadium standards then is does the pussification of the game. Most stadiums promote noise on defense.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
To me that says more about the team stadium standards then is does the pussification of the game. Most stadiums promote noise on defense.

This. There are several team stadiums in the NFL that are proud to be known as one of the loudest.

Pretty sure that is what the comment is about. It's not about making noise anytime, it's about making it on defense. He's making the comment because the Stick is notorious for being quiet all the time, so if you jump up quickly to exhort the people in your section to get loud he's saying ushers, and that was never done in the past, were telling him to chill out. That is pu$$yfing the long tradition of supporting the team by making it hard on the opposing offense IMO.

Maybe Jed is going overboard on being too PC..?
we can beat the weakhawks without the fans

Exactly.

Harbaugh says he wants the fans to be loud, but doesn't realize that Jed York's stadium tells it's fans to be quite. He better communicate with the team president and find out what the truth is, because this is getting stupid.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Exactly.

Harbaugh says he wants the fans to be loud, but doesn't realize that Jed York's stadium tells it's fans to be quite. He better communicate with the team president and find out what the truth is, because this is getting stupid.

I think this will change by Sunday. -The youth are starting to populate the fanbase (whether bandwagon or not), but we need them just as much as Seattle does. Rogue motherf**kers that'll scream until they're kicked out.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM ]
harbs is a fkn nut job.
gonna do the wave LOL
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
harbs is a fkn nut job.

Na, he just tying to get lazy a$$ Niner fans to do their job of making noise just like we want him to do his job and get wins for us..
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
gonna do the wave LOL

say it aint true!
if people stand and yell too much at candlestick the ushers will tell them to sit down and be quiet
what a doofus... just watched him on NFLN over this... ugh... Abe Lincoln and his frock? SMDH

Sure do hope our fans are not overrun by Hawks fans. That would be
well the niners have the problem of crazy mexican gangbangers beating people up during and after games, so its best not to get things too riled up as visitors may not make it home. this probably explains the ushers.
[ Edited by 49glory on Dec 5, 2013 at 5:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 49glory:
well the niners have the problem of crazy mexican gangbangers beating people up during and after games, so its best not to get things too riled up as visitors may not make it home. this probably explains the ushers.

Some of the hoodlums will probably be priced out in Levi