LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Typhoon Saloon in San Diego

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bring back the Bonka!
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by ManBearPig:
I miss that place...best 49er bar outside the bay! super cereal!
it's the biggest Niner bar anywhere by a longshot and I've been to many bars in the city (live in pac heights)

that's impressive. How did it become so big? Just word of mouth or great marketing?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
that's impressive. How did it become so big? Just word of mouth or great marketing?

My understanding is that the owner was always a big Niner fan. In PB, each sports bar has allegience to a certain team. A few are ecclectic. But it just so happens that this is the largest facility in PB and the fans fill it up. The best part is that there is never any drama...families even go. I even bring my 8 & 11 years olds. It's a great experience. It's ALL about Niner football...period.
Originally posted by NCommand:
My understanding is that the owner was always a big Niner fan. In PB, each sports bar has allegience to a certain team. A few are ecclectic. But it just so happens that this is the largest facility in PB and the fans fill it up. The best part is that there is never any drama...families even go. I even bring my 8 & 11 years olds. It's a great experience. It's ALL about Niner football...period.

+ other nights the hottie coeds from the golden triangle fill it up...
There's also Bootleggers downtown. Huge 9ers bar with Hotties!!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by NCommand:

+ other nights the hottie coeds from the golden triangle fill it up...

LOL!!!!
Damn!

I wish I knew about this place last time I was in San Diego (3 years ago) and we played San Diego at the Murph (er Petco) for Monday Night Football. I wound up watching it a Joe's Crab Shack and nothing but Charger fans. That was the game we lost and got our but kicked. It was when the Chargers were still good and they were complete douchebags. I was in a suit so I didn't stand out as a 9er fan. At least the Charger fan next to me was pretty cool and not a dick.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
There's also Bootleggers downtown. Huge 9ers bar with Hotties!!
lol that's a wannabe niner bar in east village, I went with some friends. sh*t was weak, headed back to typhoon instead.
Who's gonna be there today? My friends are all married with kids so I'm probably gonna be going there solo today.
Originally posted by GolferMike:
Who's gonna be there today? My friends are all married with kids so I'm probably gonna be going there solo today.

I will be there with BillyBonka! Just two good friends. Holding hands. And sharing a few white wine spritzers.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I will be there with BillyBonka! Just two good friends. Holding hands. And sharing a few white wine spritzers.
i miss the bonkster. please tell him to come back.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

i miss the bonkster. please tell him to come back.

Nnnkay. I will!

Is he your personal assistant ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Something like that.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Something like that.

Yes.
Share 49ersWebzone