LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

We're in good shape to keep 6th seed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by crabman82:
we're fine for the 6th seed. i'm actually hoping to grab that 5th seed since the panthers and saints play twice coming up. i'd like to avoid seattle in the divisional round if at all possible.

I agree. I'd prefer the Seattle matchup be the NFC championship game. Would die laughing if the Hacks poop the bed in the playoffs like they did last year.

agreed, knocking them out of the nfc championship in their house would be the s**t.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by crabman82:
we're fine for the 6th seed. i'm actually hoping to grab that 5th seed since the panthers and saints play twice coming up. i'd like to avoid seattle in the divisional round if at all possible.

I agree. I'd prefer the Seattle matchup be the NFC championship game. Would die laughing if the Hacks poop the bed in the playoffs like they did last year.

agreed, knocking them out of the nfc championship in their house would be the s**t.

it would transform this season from a frustrating one to the greatest season ever.

TO BE THE MAN, YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN! AND IM SAYIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
SUNDAY! and In the Playoffs ... WE WILL BEAT SEATTLE!
The best victory's are the ones Vs Good teams. I dont want nothing handed to us or go the easy route.
We can have our ups and downs with how the Niners handle situations... But lets be real Faithful.. We can go toe to toe vs Seattle and the victory will be even more bitter sweet once we beat them, eliminate them .. and head to the superbowl and GET that 6th ring.

Like my man Rick Flair says .. WOOOOO!!! We will be .. STYLIN AND PROFILIN!

-DW
his wooos dont sound that genuine lol
Originally posted by MachMan:
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I hope we get 5th seed.
That way Carolina/New Orleans/Dallas/Philadelphia/Detroit plays Seattle in the Divisional. More time for our team to heal up.

I don't think you understand how this works.

If we win as the 5th seed, we still play Seattle unless the 6th seed wins. There is no way Dallas/Philly/Detroit play Seattle if we win as a wild card. Only New Orleans or Carolina could play Seattle instead of us, if they win as a wild card and we're the 5th seed.

The 1st seed plays the worst seed remaining after the wild card round. If we beat the 4th as a 5th, but the 3rd wins, we still play Seattle. If we win as a 6th, we play Seattle no matter what.

The 5th and 6th seed will both win in the wildcard round, simple as that. We will beat whoever and so will either NO/Carolina. The top four teams in the NFC are Seattle, NO, Carolina and us. Detroit, Philly, and Dallas are solid but they aren't built to beat the physical teams like us. So regardless of what seed we get or what seed Carolina/NO get, both seeds will reach the divisional round, book it.
Share 49ersWebzone