There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would we be favored in the wildcard round?

Since I've already thrown out the divisional title, let's look towards the future. Going into the opposing team's house, would we be favored against Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, or Philadelphia for week 18?

I'd say we beat everybody on that list
probably be 3 points to the home team which would basically be a push.
one and done
Green Bay ain't goin' nowhere.
Too early to speculate, don't you think?
I am confident that the 49ers can go anywhere and beat anyone besides going to SEA.
Heck ya, we could beat any of those guys...
Any team that wins the NFC north or east will be a 4th place team in the west so we should get by the wildcard round. Winning at Seattle and then at New Orleans on the other hand............
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Yes, we'd be favored by 3 or 4 against the NFC North (unless it's GB) or East winner.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Vs Lions, Cowboys, Eagles we would be favored anywhere from 3 to 7 points.
We would be favored. Very confident we beat all those teams.
I think both the NFC #5 & #6 seeds will be favored heavily in the first round, specially since the only competition might be Detroit & Dallas. Pathers & 49ers are (both) being hyped in the media as 'sleepers'. -Don't expect any home team to be favored in the WC round this year.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Since I've already thrown out the divisional title, let's look towards the future. Going into the opposing team's house, would we be favored against Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, or Philadelphia for week 18?

I'd say we beat everybody on that list

Yes, against Philly, Detroit, Chicago, or Dallas we'd be the favorite even if it is on the road.
I will be upset if we end up winning in the WC round, then going to Seattle and winning, then losing in the NFC Champ game @ NO.

We get by our nemesis then lose to Brees again??!?!?!?!?!?! Nooooo
i dont see a huge fav going in, maybe 4 or so points, which is really a td considering they usually toss the home team a courtesy 3 points