There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which 49ers defensive player will really step it up these next 4 games?

Originally posted by swayze:
Donte Whitner

He's having his best season as a 49er IMO
Just yesterday, I was thinking about how important Dorsey will be in the game Sunday - well, actually Dorsey, Ray Mac and J. Smith. The Seahawks use play-action quite a bit and are very effective with it. If Dorsey gets penetration on a regular basis on those play-action plays, if Wilson keeps the ball he is going to be forced to get rid of the ball quick or forced into either Brooks who is always good at sealing the edge (even when he's got a bum shoulder) or Aldon who has gotten much better at edge sealing. Squirmy Wilson could maybe squirt through between the middle and the edge sometimes but he probably wouldn't like the greetings he would quickly get from Bowman or Willis. If Dorsey gets penetration on the play-action plays and Wilson hands off to Lynch, Dorsey's penetration could easily throw off the synchronization of the blocking if he doesn't outright nab Lynch in the backfield (or at least slow Lynch down a bit).
[ Edited by 49erphan on Dec 4, 2013 at 7:57 AM ]
Dorsey ha been playing better every week as have TJE.

IMO, we MUST contain Wilson when he scrambles out of the pocket to keep plays alive. That's such a back-breaker.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Dorsey ha been playing better every week as have TJE.

IMO, we MUST contain Wilson when he scrambles out of the pocket to keep plays alive. That's such a back-breaker.

when they run the read option, we gotta hit Wilson everytime, regardless if he has the ball or not, he wont be so enthusiastic to run that play after he is planted in the dirt a few times by Brooks ,Cowboy and Aldon , plus our inside linebackers play sideline to sideline with a vengeance , the Seahawks wont have success against us like they did against David Hawthorne and Curtis Lofton, I know our ILB's dont set the edge , but they play with more speed and intelligence than any other LB's in the league, we can take that read away option away from them, I just know it
Originally posted by swayze:
Donte Whitner

This
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Everyone on defense has been playing at such a high level. I'm not sure we can ask much more of our defense, but if anyone on defense needs to turn it up a notch or two its the pass rush. Justin Smith and Aldon Smith are the guys. Brooks has been consistent all season so we know he's going to bring it. Both of the Smiths will have to start wrecking fools the rest of the way. Especially this weekend. If they can't get to Wilson with a 4 man rush they don't stand a chance.

I am not sure that they would not stand a chance, but hurrying (and containing) Wilson is the key. Easier said than done though.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
CK7
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Aldon's gonna step it up and kick some a$$!
Brooks. They basically rested him last game for this one. And he is tired of chasing Wilson's ass down...this time he'll shrink down 3 feet and tackle the "strike zone" of Wilson.
That said, THIS may be the first game Reid and Whitner are tested deep d/t broken ad lib plays by Wilson (who practice these jump-ball plays non-stop with Tate/Baldwin).
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM ]
Ian Williams. He's going to show up with crutches as a team captain and take Wilson's knee out at the coin flip...we still owe Seattle a few more after that.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ian Williams. He's going to show up with crutches as a team captain and take Wilson's knee out at the coin flip...we still owe Seattle a few more after that.

walkers jaw, KW's cheap shot, diving in from behind at MM's kness, ian williams. they have at least 1 blatant cheap shot coming.
Craig Dahl
I'll go with a "lesser known", RayMac. His recent injury can be a blessing in disguise and provide rest. Saw him take on a double team versus STL and was still able to be disruptive on the play.
Eric Reid