There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which 49ers defensive player will really step it up these next 4 games?

Brooks has been playing lights out , Willis & Bowman continue to give us excellent play inside , and Aldon & Cowboy are always going to be a pain for OC's to deal with ....also our secondary is playing excellent as a unit

but something tells me Glenn Dorsey will really step up his game and become an absolute monster these next 4 games , he has really shed the bust label and gives us another defensive lineman that needs to be accounted for ....the same for TJE , it's great to see other defensive lineman on the roster stepping it up, and I'm sure Ray Mac will add his two cents in the coming weeks ...having a fresh rotation of D-Lineman could be the difference this year
in this next game its brooks and aldon. if they dont hold that edge vs seattle and bite on the read option fakes and play action roll outs, then its going to be a long day.
Originally posted by crabman82:
in this next game its brooks and aldon. if they dont hold that edge vs seattle and bite on the read option fakes and play action roll outs, then its going to be a long day.

52 & 53 will be ready for any cute stuff the Seahawks try to throw at us
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

thats good, but they dont set the edge, they'll clean up plays 8 yards down the field when the edge doesnt get set.
Everyone on defense has been playing at such a high level. I'm not sure we can ask much more of our defense, but if anyone on defense needs to turn it up a notch or two its the pass rush. Justin Smith and Aldon Smith are the guys. Brooks has been consistent all season so we know he's going to bring it. Both of the Smiths will have to start wrecking fools the rest of the way. Especially this weekend. If they can't get to Wilson with a 4 man rush they don't stand a chance.
Glenn Dorsey is going to be key in this next upcoming game. The games that we beat Seattle in recent memory, Issac Sopoaga and Justin Smith shutdown the middle and made life harder on Marshawn Lynch. If our Linebackers can focus on setting the edges, put P Willy on spy and have Bowman helping in coverage, we will put Seattle in situation where Wilson has to beat us. Not saying that he can't, he is a badass quarterback, but I think our best bet is to eliminate their running game as best as possible.
DL and pass rush
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Dec 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

No , but they are the 2 most intimidating ILB's in the game , they can bust up a play like no other, their speed and ability to play sideline to sideline is very unique ...the Saints LB's couldnt handle their read option , we will fare much better
Aldon Smith!
I say Patrick Willis. He's been dinged all year long and hasn't been the Patrick of old. I think he's finally healthy.
If I had to pick one guy, he just might be Jerrod-Edie. He's really coming on and provides Dorsey or one of our DE's some quality b/u.
TJE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glenn Dorsey's game is on the ascent.
Originally posted by susweel:
TJE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's been playing lights out this year
Donte Whitner