LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Niners will win the NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we are not the better or more complete team right now. we have an erratic offensive coordinator(and that is about the nicest thing i can say about him). we have injuries along the line and are facing a very very good defense. 4evrfan said it best and that does not mean we are haters or whiners. that is just the way it is. the best we can do is hope we are competitive with them. and then focus on winning the last three games, hope for a bit of help from other teams and sneak into the playoffs with the last wild card. in the last few games vs seattle when they have punched us in the mouth( and we are supposed to be a physical team) we retreat , from the coaches to the players. if you want to consider that dogging on the team,. feel free, but those are the facts . they are playing the best of any team right now. you may hate them , their coaches and fans but that is the way it is. sorry. i really feel we will either win a low scoring game of 12-9 or we could get blown. when we also face a good physical team like this, we tend to get alot of guys hurt which shows me that the niners are not confident or are just not used to someone being more tougher than them,
Seattle play calling is excellent. They use WR screens, read option, designed Wilson runs etc all at times when defenses are expecting a dose of Lynch. Thats the main difference, most of our plays i think we can all predict based on the down, yardage and formation. I still think of the game vs. Saints where we had the ball around 20yd line, Kaep rolled out directly to his right to move the pocket and found V. Davis wide open in the endzone. Since then i dont think i have seen a play like that ran.

We waste too many plays runnin the ball into the pile for 1 yd. I am fine with the play call to run up the middle, but change up the formations buy spreading everyone out wide, rather than having a bunch of O-lineman and 1 WR on the outiside where everyone knows 0% he gets the ball in that formation.

I also want to see Hunter in this game used more. He is fast, pwerful etc. lets see what he can do.
Lol i think it's safe to say we will not win the NFC west this yr.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Seattle play calling is excellent. They use WR screens, read option, designed Wilson runs etc all at times when defenses are expecting a dose of Lynch. Thats the main difference, most of our plays i think we can all predict based on the down, yardage and formation. I still think of the game vs. Saints where we had the ball around 20yd line, Kaep rolled out directly to his right to move the pocket and found V. Davis wide open in the endzone. Since then i dont think i have seen a play like that ran.

We waste too many plays runnin the ball into the pile for 1 yd. I am fine with the play call to run up the middle, but change up the formations buy spreading everyone out wide, rather than having a bunch of O-lineman and 1 WR on the outiside where everyone knows 0% he gets the ball in that formation.

I also want to see Hunter in this game used more. He is fast, pwerful etc. lets see what he can do.

We do this because of the success we've had the last two years. in the past we could get away with this becauase we would get 4-5 yards on that play, but not this year. the o-line has played under it's talent
I don't care about winning the west anymore at this point. I just want us to be Seattles next two losses.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

We do this because of the success we've had the last two years. in the past we could get away with this becauase we would get 4-5 yards on that play, but not this year. the o-line has played under it's talent
no,, we do this because roman is either unable or unwilling to disguise run plays,, he is either unable or unwilling to call quick passes. we face 9 men fronts because roman is either unable or unwilling to use our passing game to its fullest extent. with one exception vs the skins and the davis td,,, have you ever seen roman fake the run to set up the pass. we actually did a decent job disguising the run so what the hell happened this year,, he makes it totally obvious what we are going to do.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Seattle has had 1 visit to the SB in it's history, and no rings.

SF has 6 visits and 5 rings.

NE has had what 5 visits in the last decade alone and 3 rings.

Yeah I think Seattle deserves a few lucky bounces here and there.

No

I don't feel the 49ers really had lucky bounces in their history, the way that I see it is that they did the work in the off-seasons and during season to put together winning formulations to create a better environment to win a championship. The years in the 90s that they kept fighting to get passed Dallas, their efforts were epic. I remember the year they won it all, they acquired Ken Norton jr., Tim Harris, Ricky Jackson, Charles Mann, Richard Dent, Deon Sanders, Ralph Tamm, and continued to build on to the offensive play of Steve Young, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Ricky Watters, drafting William Floyd, Tyrone Drakeford was a decent nickle corner, Lee Woodall, Bryant Young, and so much more, I think that was a time where the team's front office did everything in their power to acquire the man power as well as having the best coaching staff to put them over the top. In the late 70s, 80s, and early 90s, they put together a string (thanks to Bill Walsh/coaching staff/scouting team) of awesome drafts that just dominated that era and reading the stories/case studies of how much homework Bill Walsh and crew was putting together for everything from off-season drafting, to training, to in season film work, and the countless hours in the training labs, I think that is the distinction. I still remember when Seattle had Steve Largent, Dave Krieg, and a hand full of other ok players and never really built the team around them and had a coaching staff of Erickson and others and I never perceived them really putting all that much effort into the team. Ehhhh, just my two cents, and thinking the best out of the 49ers.
Originally posted by niteshade80:

No

I don't feel the 49ers really had lucky bounces in their history, the way that I see it is that they did the work in the off-seasons and during season to put together winning formulations to create a better environment to win a championship. The years in the 90s that they kept fighting to get passed Dallas, their efforts were epic. I remember the year they won it all, they acquired Ken Norton jr., Tim Harris, Ricky Jackson, Charles Mann, Richard Dent, Deon Sanders, Ralph Tamm, and continued to build on to the offensive play of Steve Young, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Ricky Watters, drafting William Floyd, Tyrone Drakeford was a decent nickle corner, Lee Woodall, Bryant Young, and so much more, I think that was a time where the team's front office did everything in their power to acquire the man power as well as having the best coaching staff to put them over the top. In the late 70s, 80s, and early 90s, they put together a string (thanks to Bill Walsh/coaching staff/scouting team) of awesome drafts that just dominated that era and reading the stories/case studies of how much homework Bill Walsh and crew was putting together for everything from off-season drafting, to training, to in season film work, and the countless hours in the training labs, I think that is the distinction. I still remember when Seattle had Steve Largent, Dave Krieg, and a hand full of other ok players and never really built the team around them and had a coaching staff of Erickson and others and I never perceived them really putting all that much effort into the team. Ehhhh, just my two cents, and thinking the best out of the 49ers.

no love for toi cook?
You can lock this thread now.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by niteshade80:

No

no love for toi cook?

Toi Cook, another good pickup that year, definitely forgot that one.

I don't understand why everyone thinks it's automatic Seattle is winning the division. Is it likely? Sure. But not likely enough for everyone to assume there's no chance it won't happen. All we need to do is take care of business, hope Seattle loses their cross-country game vs the Giants, and then EITHER their game against the Cards OR Rams. If we both finish 12-4 we'd hold the tiebreaker. Again, unlikely? Sure. Out of the question? Not even close.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This thread remains viable until somebody not named the Niners clinches the division.
I pray we do. I do not want to go to Seattle
it just might happen
hopefully someone will take care of seattle in seattle.. its hard to play there but we might be in the best position to win.. who else can go to seattle and have a chance?
Share 49ersWebzone