LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Niners will win the NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
It isn't just luck, Seattle is a better team than us this year, let's keep it real.

No way they don't win the division. And we have to get to the Super Bowl through them and with all the injuries and inconsistencies with our O, I don't like our chances.

All we can hope for is that Seattle chokes in post season or possibly the Super Bowl and that we have a monster draft, make a few key free agency acquisitions in the offseason, and come back ready and reloaded to put them in check next year. It ain't happening this year though. Give it up.

The only thing that's real is you're a die-easy Niner fan!

Or maybe I'm just rational and realistic?

Sorry I don't have my homer glasses on 24/7 and can look at things objectively but from what I'm seeing, Seattle is playing at an extremely high level right now on all levels and yes, they are better or should I say, more complete team than us at the moment. Not in denial about it anymore.

It's one thing to be realistic -- I actually agree with most of your observations -- but to COMPLETELY deny the niners of having ANY chance of winning is pretty pathetic (i.e., save the offseason talk for the actual offseason).

A lot can happen between now and 3-7 games down the road that go beyond "the Seahawks choking". There's a reason why there has only been ONE #1 seed to win the Superbowl in the past decade; it's what makes football so damn unique:

2012 — No. 6 Ravens over No. 2 49ers
2011 — No. 6 Giants over No. 1 Patriots
2010 — No. 6 Packers over No. 2 Steelers
2009 — No. 1 Saints over No. 1 Colts
2008 — No. 2 Steelers over No. 4 Cardinals
2007 -– No. 5 Giants over No. 1 Patriots
2006 — No. 3 Colts over No. 1 Bears
2005 — No. 6 Steelers over No. 1 Seahawks
2004 — No. 2 Patriots over No. 1 Eagles

And It's not being a homer, it's being an unconditional supporter and not throwing in the towel until the clock says 0:00.
Let's beat the Seahawks in this rematch and we can talk about this.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I think of all the NFC teams, it's only Carolina or us that can beat the Seahawks at CLink but it's not an easy task at all. We'd need to play at a much higher level than we have this season, we'd have to reach the heights of last season's play and I don't know if we've got the WR options without a deep threat, and our running game is struggling at the moment.

Roman would have to come up with a hell of a game plan as well, and on evidence to date at this stage he's just not capable. We'd have to move away from the last second formation shifts and the obvious run plays or 2TE/1WR sets.

The probability is massively in Seattle's favour, and they're a very, very good team.
[ Edited by Buchy on Dec 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM ]
Originally posted by VANiner:
Watching the SEA game. This team could not possibly get more bounces go their way. Uncalled penalties against them, BS calls on the Saints, balls going up for grabs and ALWAYS getting caught by SEA receivers. Heck, a ball just bounced off a receiver and right into another players arms for a TD. I hate to say it, but this team has destiny or something behind it. They should have lost 3 more games this year, but some little darn gremlin always seems to make them win in the end. Makes me want to punch my puppy.

Originally posted by tmpluff:
Has Seattle had ONE bounce NOT go there way this whole darn season??? Gosh even the Pats in their glory years were not this Lucky!!!!! WTHeck

Seattle has had 1 visit to the SB in it's history, and no rings.

SF has 6 visits and 5 rings.

NE has had what 5 visits in the last decade alone and 3 rings.

Yeah I think Seattle deserves a few lucky bounces here and there.
The only team that is somewhat geared to beat the Seachickens up there is the 49ers but........they better pack theer A+ Game defense and A++++ offense which is currently NOT there right now but you never know, all it takes is a quick turnover pick 6 or fumble scoop to get them down 10-0 or 14-0 and make them ONE dimensional, I figured all along the AINTS were a FRAUD, I actually see a scenario where the AINTS may not even make the playoffs. As for the 49ers, they need a good showing vs the Seachickens this Sunday to build confidence that they Do belong on the same field as the Seachickens.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
It isn't just luck, Seattle is a better team than us this year, let's keep it real.

No way they don't win the division. And we have to get to the Super Bowl through them and with all the injuries and inconsistencies with our O, I don't like our chances.

All we can hope for is that Seattle chokes in post season or possibly the Super Bowl and that we have a monster draft, make a few key free agency acquisitions in the offseason, and come back ready and reloaded to put them in check next year. It ain't happening this year though. Give it up.

Sorry I don't have my homer glasses on 24/7 and can look at things objectively but from what I'm seeing, Seattle is playing at an extremely high level right now on all levels and yes, they are better or should I say, more complete team than us at the moment. Not in denial about it anymore.

It's one thing to be realistic -- I actually agree with most of your observations -- but to COMPLETELY deny the niners of having ANY chance of winning is pretty pathetic (i.e., save the offseason talk for the actual offseason).

A lot can happen between now and 3-7 games down the road that go beyond "the Seahawks choking". There's a reason why there has only been ONE #1 seed to win the Superbowl in the past decade; it's what makes football so damn unique:

And It's not being a homer, it's being an unconditional supporter and not throwing in the towel until the clock says 0:00.

I so hear this, I look at having to play in the wild card round also as an advantage to get Crabtree more in synch with the offense and can pay off huge down the road. If Crabtree can hit the stride that he did at the end of last year and defenses not realizing that they need to prepare against a better passing game, that's all good stuff for the 9ers. In today's nfl, it seems like a lot more wild card teams are winning it all compared to the 80s and 90s and having a higher seat playoffs seems to be increasingly irrelevant.
Originally posted by zaghawk:

The number of rings those teams have is because they had better coaching and talent than the rest. Those victories have nothing to do with getting lucky breaks. I think Seattle has used up all their lucky breaks over the past two seasons. They had better get the rest done on solid play and solid coaching and no more wild bounces where the ball just magically ends up in a seahawks hands.
Originally posted by niteshade80:

I so hear this, I look at having to play in the wild card round also as an advantage to get Crabtree more in synch with the offense and can pay off huge down the road. If Crabtree can hit the stride that he did at the end of last year and defenses not realizing that they need to prepare against a better passing game, that's all good stuff for the 9ers. In today's nfl, it seems like a lot more wild card teams are winning it all compared to the 80s and 90s and having a higher seat playoffs seems to be increasingly irrelevant.

Bingo!
Originally posted by zaghawk:

No
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think of all the NFC teams, it's only Carolina or us that can beat the Seahawks at CLink but it's not an easy task at all. We'd need to play at a much higher level than we have this season, we'd have to reach the heights of last season's play and I don't know if we've got the WR options without a deep threat, and our running game is struggling at the moment.

Roman would have to come up with a hell of a game plan as well, and on evidence to date at this stage he's just not capable. We'd have to move away from the last second formation shifts and the obvious run plays or 2TE/1WR sets.

The probability is massively in Seattle's favour, and they're a very, very good team.

I will go one up on you, the Panthers is probably the only team in the NFC that stands half a chance. I am afraid the 9ers won't stand a chance, not up at CLink, Kap will buckle with that pass rush and crowd noise.However, the problem is more than just their D, unfortunately their offense is also firing on all cylinders. As stout as our D is, we still gave up 29 points in week 2 and 42 points last Dec. Even if we could get some form of offense going, the chances are we would still have to score a truckload of points in order to win. It would take a miracle to win up there such as the 9ers playing way, way, way above their standards plus at the same time the Seahawks playing way, way, way below their standards. Otherwise, no chance.

Let's keep the streak going for number 6 seeds :-D.
Seattle drafted and trained DBs for the new NFL (5 guys over 6')...the one that is trying to limit head injuries. They bully, push, grab, jostle and stick like glue to the receivers. The niners do not have physical DBs except for hard hits...the opposite of what the NFL is looking to promote. Refs will continue to give the DBs a bit more lattitude in forcing receivers out of their routes and bumping down the field...just like last night when at least two long misses by Brees could have been called PI...there was a lot of contact...but nothing was called.

The niners have to get a clue and realize that coming in and blasting receivers is becoming out dated. Whitner is old school and Reid may be the only guy who can intimidate under the new rules. They need to bring in bigger, more physically imposing DBs who can also stick to their guys. Until they do, Seattle will have the edge.

Edit: Can you imagine how effective Deion Sanders would be these days? Even more dominant!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM ]
Why do so much people want this thread locked?

The Seahawks could still lose their last 4 games and if the 49ers winout, we take the division!

And that's exactly wants going to happen!

Book it!
Its one thing to say the 9'ers have a chance to beat Seattle; any team on any given day can beat any other, but it's another to think they will, based on the current play of each team. You'd have to be a Homer Emeritus to think we're the better team right now, or this entire season, SO FAR. Our defenses are comparable, not so our offenses and that starts with QB play. Sorry, I like Kap, alot, but Wilson is the better QB at this stage of their careers. Our offense has yet to fire on all cylinders, the running game is struggling, our premier receivers, while back, aren't at full strength, the O-line, even before the injuries was not living up to it's rep and coaching/play-calling has been severely questioned. As other posters have said, we will need to bring our A Plus game in all facets, to beat them. We haven't thus far, so now is the time to do so. Can we? I certainly hope so. Will we? Well, we shall see.
Share 49ersWebzone