There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 13: Thoughts after rewatching the game

First time poster, however I do get on often and read your guys' messages...



1. If teams were to throw to Carlos Rogers side the whole game, we wouldnt win a game. I dont see how other teams dont see this when its obvious via tv. Rogers gives 8-12 yd cushions virtually every down, wr's push him up field to get him moving because he lacks starting speed and then they break off their routes for an in or an out of 7-10 yds. Every time that was done this last sunday it was completed to either Baldwin or Tate. However, they perform that pass play to his side but dont go back to it the rest of the game just blows my mind. Anyone get to thinking that if teams just ran the same designed route on Carlos side that it would be completed to keep the chains moving every drive? It shocks me that teams dont do this because it would destroy us. When have you ever seen Carlos jump a route or undercut a route for a pick or a pick 6? Never! All of Carlos int's have been lofted passes deep, tipped balls, or overthrown balls. Not 1 int was from Carlos taking a chance on the out route, which is was he allows to be completed every time.



2. I think our passing offense has alot to do with our designed routes by our wr's. That I put on the coaching staff and play designs. Our wr's dont get the "option routes or the hot routes", that could help in a situation when coverage is going to dictate whether or not the wr will be open or get the ball thrown his way. Harbaugh/Romans philosophy with routes are based merely on design only (no options) so that everybody is on the same page + to help Kap, which could make things vanilla and/or predictable to us and defenses. Stubborness on the part of harbaugh and being to conservative on the part of roman will ultimately keep us from winning it all (ex: super bowl last drive after gore's run)
Originally posted by nawUwannaSUCKg:
First time poster, however I do get on often and read your guys' messages...

1. If teams were to throw to Carlos Rogers side the whole game, we wouldnt win a game. I dont see how other teams dont see this when its obvious via tv. Rogers gives 8-12 yd cushions virtually every down, wr's push him up field to get him moving because he lacks starting speed and then they break off their routes for an in or an out of 7-10 yds. Every time that was done this last sunday it was completed to either Baldwin or Tate. However, they perform that pass play to his side but dont go back to it the rest of the game just blows my mind. Anyone get to thinking that if teams just ran the same designed route on Carlos side that it would be completed to keep the chains moving every drive? It shocks me that teams dont do this because it would destroy us. When have you ever seen Carlos jump a route or undercut a route for a pick or a pick 6? Never! All of Carlos int's have been lofted passes deep, tipped balls, or overthrown balls. Not 1 int was from Carlos taking a chance on the out route, which is was he allows to be completed every time.

2. I think our passing offense has alot to do with our designed routes by our wr's. That I put on the coaching staff and play designs. Our wr's dont get the "option routes or the hot routes", that could help in a situation when coverage is going to dictate whether or not the wr will be open or get the ball thrown his way. Harbaugh/Romans philosophy with routes are based merely on design only (no options) so that everybody is on the same page + to help Kap, which could make things vanilla and/or predictable to us and defenses. Stubborness on the part of harbaugh and being to conservative on the part of roman will ultimately keep us from winning it all (ex: super bowl last drive after gore's run)

Agree on both counts. Rogers got 4 or 5 of his 6 INT's his first year by coming off his man and under-cutting routes. He got paid and I don't think I've seen him do it once since. I don't know if that's scheme/coaching or him? To me, if you just watch him (and I have closely for 3 years now), he just 1/2 asses it most of the time. No urgency or intensity at all. He's great in initial run support but if a Wr or RB get's a full head of steam he go Deion Sanders. You'll always see him standing around the tacklers. I was very happy to see both Brock and Wright step their games up this year and with Culliver and Morris coming back/on, we have some options next year and could even cut Rogers and his big salary!
After watching the second half against Seattle for the second time I was surprised at how poorly Kaepernick played. I guess I was so excited about the close game I didn't realize it until re-watching it.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sorry peeps.

My euphoria for the victory was destroyed when we had to put our Siberian Husky Grace to sleep this morning. I'll post my thoughts in the morning.


What a shame. I'm sorry to hear that.
Brock, Wright and Brown (when healthy again) should be our top 3 cb's but Im not jim harbaugh, i dont get to make those decisions. But all of you take notice come playoff time and even the rest of the season. Our success will lie on carlos rogers because he starts (shouldnt be/slowest of the corners we have + coverage ability in space is horrible), and good teams will take notice of the weakness in our defense and that only lies on carlos' side because our defense from top to bottom is pretty stout. The game we lose (if we lose in the playoffs), take notice on how carlos did and the passes thrown into his direction or side because the other corners are playing at a high level right now.
Originally posted by nawUwannaSUCKg:
Brock, Wright and Brown (when healthy again) should be our top 3 cb's but Im not jim harbaugh, i dont get to make those decisions. But all of you take notice come playoff time and even the rest of the season. Our success will lie on carlos rogers because he starts (shouldnt be/slowest of the corners we have + coverage ability in space is horrible), and good teams will take notice of the weakness in our defense and that only lies on carlos' side because our defense from top to bottom is pretty stout. The game we lose (if we lose in the playoffs), take notice on how carlos did and the passes thrown into his direction or side because the other corners are playing at a high level right now.

Yeah I'd say Rogers is the weak link in the secondary right now. I don't think he's quite as bad as you're making him sound though. He's solid some times and other times he does get beat. He's no Nate Clements though. He's not getting beat at that level. If he does start to struggle more though, I hope the coaches aren't stubborn and would be willing to have Brown, Brock, and Wright as the top 3 corners. Hopefully Brown is back soon.
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sorry peeps.

My euphoria for the victory was destroyed when we had to put our Siberian Husky Grace to sleep this morning. I'll post my thoughts in the morning.


What a shame. I'm sorry to hear that.

That's extremely harsh. I can feel your pain.
Brock, Brown and Wright = more speed at the corners, and in the NFL speed kills. I think harbaugh wouldnt demote carlos because he's a vet and doesnt want to ruin the morale of the secondary/team but we all know carlos is the 4th best corner on the depth chart because of his lack of speed and aggressiveness. nice attempt on that tackle with willson btw carlos.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yeah I'd say Rogers is the weak link in the secondary right now. I don't think he's quite as bad as you're making him sound though. He's solid some times and other times he does get beat. He's no Nate Clements though. He's not getting beat at that level. If he does start to struggle more though, I hope the coaches aren't stubborn and would be willing to have Brown, Brock, and Wright as the top 3 corners. Hopefully Brown is back soon.


It is such a tough position to play though.
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yeah I'd say Rogers is the weak link in the secondary right now. I don't think he's quite as bad as you're making him sound though. He's solid some times and other times he does get beat. He's no Nate Clements though. He's not getting beat at that level. If he does start to struggle more though, I hope the coaches aren't stubborn and would be willing to have Brown, Brock, and Wright as the top 3 corners. Hopefully Brown is back soon.


It is such a tough position to play though.

For some reason, Willis was the weak link this game in coverage. It sure looked like it anyway the way that TE was so open
^ thats because the nfl doesnt know about Willson yet. caught them by surprise im sure, atleast his speed did.
anyone watch the florida st vs duke game? the CB P.J. Williams #26 is a corner the 49ers should trade up for to draft. The dude is flat out a baller. Covered 1 on 1 all night long, great tackler from the cb position and his awareness and aggressiveness were 2nd to none. hopefully somebody else on these boards saw him play the other night.
Originally posted by nawUwannaSUCKg:
anyone watch the florida st vs duke game? the CB P.J. Williams #26 is a corner the 49ers should trade up for to draft. The dude is flat out a baller. Covered 1 on 1 all night long, great tackler from the cb position and his awareness and aggressiveness were 2nd to none. hopefully somebody else on these boards saw him play the other night.

Trade up for? He's still a sophomore.
^ your gonna have to trade up for. the dude is gonna be a top 7-13 pick easily. he's physical, lanky, fast and smart.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yeah I'd say Rogers is the weak link in the secondary right now. I don't think he's quite as bad as you're making him sound though. He's solid some times and other times he does get beat. He's no Nate Clements though. He's not getting beat at that level. If he does start to struggle more though, I hope the coaches aren't stubborn and would be willing to have Brown, Brock, and Wright as the top 3 corners. Hopefully Brown is back soon.


It is such a tough position to play though.

For some reason, Willis was the weak link this game in coverage. It sure looked like it anyway the way that TE was so open


Doesn't Bowman usually fill that role of covering the Tight End? He was busy spying Wilson in this game.