LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

2013 - Week 13: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Is Marvin dead? He usually shoots these out with a quickness. I am legitimately concerned...

Sorry peeps.

My euphoria for the victory was destroyed when we had to put our Siberian Husky Grace to sleep this morning. I'll post my thoughts in the morning.

Damn so sorry to hear that.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Aldon didn't look like himself. Yes he played against a good LT, but Long went out with a head injury and never returned, so then Aldon went against their backup LT and still didn't do crap!

He was bull rushing pretty well, generating a lot of pressure. They tried to contain Wilson, you can't just rush around the edge against him, or else he will kill you. Your only choice is to collapse the pocket. If you try and rush him with speed he just steps up and runs for 20 yards.

Wilson only had two yards rushing. I think that was the lowest of his career, so the plan worked.
Sorry peeps.

My euphoria for the victory was destroyed when we had to put our Siberian Husky Grace to sleep this morning. I'll post my thoughts in the morning.

So sorry!to hear that....
Sorry peeps.

Sorry to hear that Marvin.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Damn, I am so sorry for your loss.
Take your time Marv! I'm glad you chimed in because I was really missing your thoughts this morning...
marvin that's the worst. so sorry man.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Sorry to hear about that bro.
Sorry, Man. Went through the same thing soon after our SB loss.

Dogs are the best!
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Dec 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM ]
Sorry Marv. That sucks. Take your time, good sir.

Sorry for your family loss Marvin!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Aldon didn't look like himself. Yes he played against a good LT, but Long went out with a head injury and never returned, so then Aldon went against their backup LT and still didn't do crap!

He was bull rushing pretty well, generating a lot of pressure. They tried to contain Wilson, you can't just rush around the edge against him, or else he will kill you. Your only choice is to collapse the pocket. If you try and rush him with speed he just steps up and runs for 20 yards.

Wilson only had two yards rushing. I think that was the lowest of his career, so the plan worked.

Yeah, much of the time Aldon was definitely working to contain Wilson more than try to pressure/sack him. Even when they ran stunts, the player who ended up at the end of the line tended to work toward holding the edge rather than full bore rush at Wilson. Overall, it seemed to work pretty well.
so very sorry to hear marv. my condolences.
I'm sorry for your loss Marvin, will keep you and your family in my prayers
Sorry Marvin.
Share 49ersWebzone