There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

eric wright over tarrell brown

Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Brown was and is our best corner but you have to do it on the field. Injuries cost many their jobs. Nobody is beating the D over the top. If an opposing offense is 3rd and long.......series over.

No, Brown is not our best corner. He was last year and possibly the year before, but not this year. He is the least feared and seemingly the most tested CB on the team. He gives up a lot of shorter, but still drive-sustaining plays every single game. Brock has been playing better than him and Rogers has actually been pretty good this year. Brown is 3rd best, maybe.

Brock has been playing out of his mind right now. And yes, better than Brown this year IMO. Brown has been having a pretty solid, although down year for his standards. If this is any indication that he is beginning to wind down, perhaps Baalke made the right move locking up Brock instead (younger, cheaper, more upside) and (assuming) he will let Brown walk if they don't come to contract terms, some other team will overpay for him but it certainly won't be us.

But with that said, to respond to the op, Brown >>>> Wright any day bro. Sorry, but I'm not sold on Wright. Maybe it's nerves, he needs to shake off the rust, but I think he has been the weakest link in the secondary and I'm afraid Seattle will expose him on Sunday. I'd feel much better if Brown is active this week.
Still not much love for Wright? Seems like he is doing a pretty decent job at the very least.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Still not much love for Wright? Seems like he is doing a pretty decent job at the very least.

he got his feet under him today

i think he's lights out from now on. been what 5 weeks of playing? now he's in there. he was in great position all day.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by socal9er42:

he got his feet under him today

i think he's lights out from now on. been what 5 weeks of playing? now he's in there. he was in great position all day.

I think he definitely helps the depth in the secondary. He is probably still learning the defense, but it does not show.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I think he definitely helps the depth in the secondary. He is probably still learning the defense, but it does not show.

i think he's better in man coverage and i think we need to run man coverage so he can do well.

i honestly think all the corners across the board currently are man coverage guys

also morris saw some time out there today im excited about that
i think wright has been playing good but like some1 said the pass rush helps a lot..i think its great that he isn't a weak link when brown went down..thats a plus..but I also know when brown is in there he is a very good cb who will not hurt the team..anyway we look at it brown is a better cb but wright is not bad at all..
Eric Wright is a really solid player. Another savvy FA pickup by Baalke.
I think we have wealth of talent at the CB position this season.
I agree with the post above... Wright is getting his feet under him...I think by season's end he will be ready to go..i mean ready to fkn go
Originally posted by wailers15:
I agree with the post above... Wright is getting his feet under him...I think by season's end he will be ready to go..i mean ready to fkn go

he's just way better in man coverage

in zone he's worried about leaving areas.

he has 4.4 speed.

get him on someone and let him cover.

same with brock they work best with covering.. the defense as a whole does

when we went soft zone seattle ran up and down the field

we got out of it and it was a struggle for them to get yards from that point on.

should not play zone we're too talented for that
With Culliver back next year, CB is in good shape. T Brock has really stepped up. Wright provides the relatively inexpensive vet back there...I'm thinking the only way Rogers is back next season is if he agrees to a dramatic pay cut. Morris will also be in the picture. What I'd like to see is Baalke draft a big CB...we need more size at the position to match up with the big receivers. T Brown is likely to be the odd man out. Wright's a keeper.
Wright seems to play a little better every week.

I hope he keeps it up.
one thing i have notice since the saints game , since he has been in the lineup , the most we have given up has been 17 points, brown got push around like a rag doll , i think wright is quicker and physical
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Wright seems to play a little better every week.

I hope he keeps it up.

he will
as he gets comfortable

today we let him play man instead of zone and close man not 10 yard off man and it made a big difference he runs a low 4.4 and he's big and intelligent. he almost had a pick today.

watch out for him going forward
well, falcons cut asante samuel........i thikn there's also a bunch of cb's who are free agents and the draft is apparently good at corner back

so what all this means is tarrell brown likely won't get a huge deal in the open market, in fact he might decide that whatever offer he gets won't be much different than what the 9ers offered him before

that could possibly bode well for his return to the roster

maybe the deal t-brock took (whcih was reported to have been offered to t-brown) will be enough after all