There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

eric wright over tarrell brown

Niner talk = The 49ers defensive backs all blow. Seriously all these players need restructured deals like right now. Nobody is playing up to the standards of the zone. Cut or restructure everyone right now and that includes Fangio. Guy is down right pathetic as a defensive coordinator.
No way!!! Wright hasn't looked all that good to me so far.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thechad49:
No way!!! Wright hasn't looked all that good to me so far.

he may be worth a cheap signing thing since we have alot of guys who may not be around next year. he has had such a small body of work i just do not think we can do a fair analysis of him this year. but of course no big bucks. hell we may end up bringing back cox next year which would not be tragic
Not sure what games you are watching but Wright has played pretty poorly since he came as the #3CB/nickel DB.

He does seem to be able to keep up with his man but also seems to have poor footwork and awareness. I have yet to see him once turn around to see the ball when a pass is coming to his man (who generally catches it no matter how close the coverage is because Eric has no idea there is a ball/where the ball is). This scares me a lot for someone that has been in the NFL for as long as he has.

In zones he seems to be confused, something that is actually not that bad at the moment considering he has not played or even practiced much this year and was on another team's roster at the start of training camp. Hopefully this one comes with time.

Next year Brown will almost assuredly be gone. However Culliver and Brock will be back, Rodgers may take a pay cut to stay (I hope he does as he's playing quite well right now), and there will most likely be a CB taken before day two of the draft is over. I don't see much room for Wright unless he gets it together over the next four games.
i am 110% certain eric wright will be russel wilson's #1 target sunday, they will go after this guy all day
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i am 110% certain eric wright will be russel wilson's #1 target sunday, they will go after this guy all day

Yep, your right : /
Originally posted by iLL49er:

He probably won't be on the field much. The offense Bevell runs will likely keep the 49ers secondary in their base positions most of the game, with two safetys and two corners, where Wright will only play in nickle and dime situations.
I'm not even sure if Wright is any good yet
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
I think that's more of a result of the addition of Aldon as well as the continued growth of that guy Reid ...brown is still a real good db

Brown was and is our best corner but you have to do it on the field. Injuries cost many their jobs. Nobody is beating the D over the top. If an opposing offense is 3rd and long.......series over.

Brown was and is our best corner but you have to do it on the field. Injuries cost many their jobs. Nobody is beating the D over the top. If an opposing offense is 3rd and long.......series over.

I really don't see where this love for Brown is coming from with our fans, but I see him make the most bone head mistakes and commit the most penalties in the secondary. Let's not mention being out of position most of the time.
We haven't heard all that much of Wright's name the past two games, thats a good sign dont ya think ...means he's doing a decent job IMO , once he get's torched I'll change my point of view of him, but right now I feel he is doing a solid job ...I'm just glad it's not like seasons ago when we had to settle for DB's like Ramos McDonald, Antonio Langham or Sammy Davis ....we got it pretty good these days
Bullcrap, I could tell you don't pay too much attention to the secondary. There is no way in hell the secondary is better with Wright, and without Brown. What have you been watching? Wright has been mediocre as it gets and allowed over 60 yards last game. He simply isn't that good and we should expect teams to continue to pick up yards against him. Brown/Rogers/Brock need to be the line up if we are to make a deep playoff run.

No, Brown is not our best corner. He was last year and possibly the year before, but not this year. He is the least feared and seemingly the most tested CB on the team. He gives up a lot of shorter, but still drive-sustaining plays every single game. Brock has been playing better than him and Rogers has actually been pretty good this year. Brown is 3rd best, maybe.
I thought Brown was playing just as well as years past, but Brock has really raised his level of play big time. Rogers has also had a bounce back year.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
What? Lol

• Kolohe
  • #TeamLevi
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Niner talk = The 49ers defensive backs all blow. Seriously all these players need restructured deals like right now. Nobody is playing up to the standards of the zone. Cut or restructure everyone right now and that includes Fangio. Guy is down right pathetic as a defensive coordinator.

I wouldn't say down-right-pathetic, I've been loving Fangio's defenses so far, sure he gets complacent, you can't argue hes been successful so far with this defense. Fangio is not the coordinator I'm worried about, actually I'm not worried about any of the defensive coaches right now. The defense has had some injuries and distractions and still managed to be on par. Give him a true nose tackle and we won't be hearing anymore complaints about the D.