There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

eric wright over tarrell brown

has any one notice every since e. wright has come in for t, brown our secondary has improved, i see no long balls anymore
Um...no
What? Lol
I think that's more of a result of the addition of Aldon as well as the continued growth of that guy Reid ...brown is still a real good db
[ Edited by Allx9er on Dec 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM ]
Que? The only difference I see is that the defense isn't always on the field and the pass rush has gotten stronger.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Actually he did give up big plays against the Saints vs. Marcus Colston. Wright has been decent so far though, but I think he's a 3rd CB or 5th if Culliver was healthy.
nope

Brown is better
actually wright hasn't been as crisp but you see the talent. once he's as comfortable in the system as the others he's going to be a beast for us
wright got burnt a few times today.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Que? The only difference I see is that the defense isn't always on the field and the pass rush has gotten stronger.
Nailed it. That's what I'm seeing too.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Wright has all the physical tools to be a contributor on our team, but he is rusty as hell. He was caught out of position a few times today, but some of the passes were dropped.

I think T.J. McDonald caught more balls today than the Rams receivers.

He's got 4 more games to showcase his talent. I see him on a two year, 2 million dollar contract. A prove it deal.
Decisions still need to be made about our CB's and a lot of it will have to do with $$$$$$$$$:

- Tarell Brown is a good CB, but he may test the free agent market to see how much someone will pay for his services. He is still young and has been a starter on a playoff caliber D for a few years.
- Carlos Rogers is playing well, but not good enough to be paid $6 million per season.
- Culliver will be coming back from injury and is still on his rookie deal.
- Wright could inherit Rogers spot on the roster or replace Brown if he is willing to pay for less.
- Brock got paid and deservedly so in my opinion.
- Chances are the Niners will take at least one new CB in the draft.

This situation has a long way to go before any final decisions are made.
Originally posted by susweel:
nope

Brown is better

What?? What game are you watching??
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Decisions still need to be made about our CB's and a lot of it will have to do with $$$$$$$$$:

- Tarell Brown is a good CB, but he may test the free agent market to see how much someone will pay for his services. He is still young and has been a starter on a playoff caliber D for a few years.
- Carlos Rogers is playing well, but not good enough to be paid $6 million per season.
- Culliver will be coming back from injury and is still on his rookie deal.
- Wright could inherit Rogers spot on the roster or replace Brown if he is willing to pay for less.
- Brock got paid and deservedly so in my opinion.
- Chances are the Niners will take at least one new CB in the draft.

This situation has a long way to go before any final decisions are made.

I'm hoping Rogers accepts a pay cut. If he gets released, there's no way any team is going to pay a 33 year old cornerback $3.5 million on the open market. If he can accept a $3M pay cut, he'll still be paid higher than his market value, remain on a SB contending team, and compete for a starting position.

Pay cut - Rogers
Small contract - Wright
1 first/second day draft pick
1 third day draft pick

Competition:

CB: Brock/3rd Day Pick
CB: Rogers/1st Day Pick
CB: Culliver/Wright