LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers Mic'd Up

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol the D thinks theyre the key, and the offense thinks theyre the key. Theres nothing to read into about a defensive captain firing his guys up with a challenge.

He also isnt going to say "Its gonna be on the offense. Its ok to have some bad games, theyll bail us out."

Haha y'all are prolly right on that. I still think this Is a championship caliber defense that, when playing at its highest level, is the best in the NFL.
You're delusional, bro.
Originally posted by EddieAnderson757:
You're delusional, bro.

A fine rebuttal, knowledgeable and insightful.

But yes, I do think that, when fully healthy and ready to go, the 49er defense is the best in the league. Don't get me wrong KC, SEA and CAR all have elite D's as well and the case could be easily made for any one of them being the best. I just think that 49er D happens to be the most solid from top to bottom, not to mention the most experienced, especially all the invaluable playoff experience.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by EddieAnderson757:
You're delusional, bro.

A fine rebuttal, knowledgeable and insightful.

But yes, I do think that, when fully healthy and ready to go, the 49er defense is the best in the league. Don't get me wrong KC, SEA and CAR all have elite D's as well and the case could be easily made for any one of them being the best. I just think that 49er D happens to be the most solid from top to bottom, not to mention the most experienced, especially all the invaluable playoff experience.

I gotta agree with you too. When the 9ers D is on and everyone is on the same page and healthy they can be the best in the league. Exhibit A: No one beat New England at home in December, 9ers defense destroyed Tom Brady and their offense that day. Exhibit B: Mulitiple shut-outs in 2011 or was that 2012, and this is with the same players for two years.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Haha y'all are prolly right on that. I still think this Is a championship caliber defense that, when playing at its highest level, is the best in the NFL.

It is, brees said there is no weakness.

Now if the offense had the same coaching and aggressiveness and ability to make adjustments as the defense has then it could make that claim too.

i think we'll see what the team was supposed to be like from the start before all the injuries and turmoil

better then than now
I think the "its on us" comment is total ownership of the outcome of the game. I lovw those guys. Its privilege to be a fan of such a noble team. Most defense would've folded but the.Niners just put it in 2nd gear. I was saying after the 1-2 start we had #1 defense and some people scoffed at that. Were easiley top 3 and everything ia coming together. Rotation of pass rushers. CB depth. OLB depth. Backups showing out. Now if the offense could actually.play like theres two sides.to the damn ball we may have a superbowl team.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
just watched the remix vids. the nfc championship game was one. it made me realize I still haven't come to terms with losing the Super Bowl last season. it still gets me upset

It's okay, brotha'. It's a scar we all have to live with.

my wife's sister comes over when im watching football on thanksgiving and she says "Remember when the Ravens won?" I threw her out of the house. f**k that s**t, don't tolerate disrespect.
Share 49ersWebzone