There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Holding back plays

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Seems like every year there is a thread like this. Fans attempting to justify lousy unimaginative offense. The plays are the there, blame the coordinator.

Except this thread is the opposite. Read before you reply.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Seems like every year there is a thread like this. Fans attempting to justify lousy unimaginative offense. The plays are the there, blame the coordinator.

Lol I did read. Obviously there are plays in the playbook we haven't seen. Why they aren't being called we'll never know.

Every game there are several plays that seem new to us or are flipped, but have been in the playbook all year that just haven't been called.

Lol I did read. Obviously there are plays in the playbook we haven't seen. Why they aren't being called we'll never know.

Every game there are several plays that seem new to us or are flipped, but have been in the playbook all year that just haven't been called.

Yea, I agree with you on that. But it seems there are some who feel the team is holding back something that they don't want to reveal until the playoffs. I guess I just question that because why would you hold things back when your offense is anemic at best. I do, however, think they're always rewriting things and creating new plays. I just don't think there are game-winners they're holding back until the postseason.
Yea, I agree with you on that. But it seems there are some who feel the team is holding back something that they don't want to reveal until the playoffs. I guess I just question that because why would you hold things back when your offense is anemic at best. I do, however, think they're always rewriting things and creating new plays. I just don't think there are game-winners they're holding back until the postseason.

I don't believe in some magic playbook either but I do think that our WR personnel has hampered this offense greatly. No we can't blame it all on the underdeveloped WRs. The coaches have to take most of the blame but I do believe that with an improved WR core Kap will take more chances to guys other than Q or VD and as a result we will see more imagination and increased production. Also this should help Kap's confidence and in a win or go home scenario I see us unleashing Kap to use his legs more. If we make the playoffs I think we look a lot differently than we did vs CAR and NO!!
if you believe this, then you're holding back aswell, holding back logic cus there really isnt any to this.
I am just waiting for this:

.be
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Before the "pop" stuff... it was rumored that Roman would rip off pages (some crappy plays and some not) to wipe himself while contemplating (more new) crappy plays no pun intended)... he likes to post up in the sh!tter and fantasize of how an explosive offense would look like. He might be on to something with this "pop" stuff.
What are your thoughts that the 49ers passing offense is unsophisticated? Something of a 1980s Big Ten type. Related: Should the WR coaches be replaced before next year? After Crabtree's injury, Jenkins, Moore and Williams all failed to help the team.
They're holding back s**t! The players and coaching staff are not executing. I would love to see a 4 or 5 WR set.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
What are your thoughts that the 49ers passing offense is unsophisticated? Something of a 1980s Big Ten type. Related: Should the WR coaches be replaced before next year? After Crabtree's injury, Jenkins, Moore and Williams all failed to help the team.

I definitely think the WR's coach should be on the hot seat. There's been a startling lack of production from young receivers here. I also think Baalke needs to find someone who can scout receivers better than what we've done in recent years.
Anyone day dreaming about secret plays is loopy. That kind of drivel has nothing to do with football analysis, and everything to do with wish fullfillment and avoidance of reality.

Our play calling and play design is imbalanced and missing in some fundamental concepts. Blame either Roman or Morton or Harbaugh or Chryst or all four or various combinations.

Plus the execution sux too, many times.

It's irritating and the results will be predictable in the playoffs. Gah.

Watching us attempt a 25 yard throw downfield into good coverage on 3rd and 8 tells you all you need to know about our offensive thinking. -- doesn't really matter that it worked.

Like, they are saving the smart 10 yard slant for the playoffs. Oh that's a good one...that makes me laugh so I can't breathe...like we are saving intelligent play calling for the playoffs.....oh I have to stop here......

....sorry...however, I will enjoy watching our defense win a few games for us while our offense chases its tail. That they will do.

Our D-dudes are just warming up, I think....they are really good right now. Could get even better....
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Nov 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I don't believe in some magic playbook either but I do think that our WR personnel has hampered this offense greatly. No we can't blame it all on the underdeveloped WRs. The coaches have to take most of the blame but I do believe that with an improved WR core Kap will take more chances to guys other than Q or VD and as a result we will see more imagination and increased production. Also this should help Kap's confidence and in a win or go home scenario I see us unleashing Kap to use his legs more. If we make the playoffs I think we look a lot differently than we did vs CAR and NO!!

I agree with most of what you wrote. But I really question how much of an impact Crabtree makes coming back from a serious injury, especially early on. I hope I'm wrong and he lights it up. But I think it may be next season before he regains his '12 form. That said, he's still an upgrade.
illuminati
sycophanti
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Nov 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM ]
What gets me is that we seem to run a few of the exact same plays that have never once worked in the years Roman has been here, like they're favorites of his or something no matter what.

The epitome being the toss sweep...I hate that play...