There are 224 users in the forums

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

Julian Peterson
This is such a dead heat, our linebackers are an embarrassment of riches, but if pressed I would go with Bowman. I view he and Willis as the heart of this defense, everything we do starts with how amazing they are....and Willis has been banged up this year, so Bow gets the nod.
I'd have to go with that Aldon Brooks guy....he's pretty good
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
This is such a dead heat, our linebackers are an embarrassment of riches, but if pressed I would go with Bowman. I view he and Willis as the heart of this defense, everything we do starts with how amazing they are....and Willis has been banged up this year, so Bow gets the nod.

Dan Skuta.
I gotta with Navarro. He's just so consistent and great at everything
That's a tough one...they're all such good players. My first inclination was Bowman...dude's lightning fast, can rush the passer, stop the run, run sideline to sideline to make plays. But, Brooks has all those abilities, too. Ok, it's a tie!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This pic is flat out awesome
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by mattster03:
Here's my answer:

Bowman all the way. And no, Falcons did not get a "raw deal". lol

Brooks made the two plays before this one to force that 4th down. One, he swatted a ball that was going to be completed for a first down, the other, he rushed Ryan into an incompletion before burying him into the turf.

Indeed he did. IIRC it was a screen to the right that he swatted down. I still like Bowman a bit better personally....

it was an out route to White. He had a step on whoever was covering him. More than likely would've caught it for the first and then gone out of bounds.

Was Willis in position to make an INT on this play?
Nate Stupar

Willis. Speed, strength, intimidation, big hits, good hands, awesome tackler, big time leader etc etc.
Don't get me wrong, they are all great for different things, but I think Patrick Willis is the true heart of the defense still.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Willis.

He was the best MLB in the league the second he stepped onto the field. Was performing at a very high level before we got all this talent on D. Add in his leadership ability, and this is the type of guy you build a dominant defense around.

it is the guy we built the defense around.

he's healthy now and it shows. the beauty about the core is that each one takes care of their responsibilities amazingly.

so nobody can really hog stats like other lb's in the nfl who get all the tackles for their team cause they're covering for others.

bowman out, willis was killing
you see when willis was out bowman immediately started killing but that's because there are more plays to be made when someone is gone.

i had an argument about this recently. someone tried to tell me there was a better core and i said it's not even CLOSE

not even close.

the defense this year the front 7 is lights out NOW but it hasn't been all year due to aldon being out and injuries

but that helped develop the secondary into actually being able to cover wr's

so now if they don't even have to cover them for longer than 2 seconds, i don't see what you do against us other than throw short passes and hope for the best.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Wilhoite!!
They are all playing at a top 5 level at their respective positions, but like i have mentioned before, there is a steep drop off from a guy like aldon to other pass rushers playing his position, when compared to the other three positions.

For me its not that hard a question. Aldon is the only choice.

The guys saying Aldons play dropped off when Justin got hurt are ignoring the injury Aldon was playing with at that same time.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:

This pic is flat out awesome

Definitely Awesome, it's like a mirrored reflection! "Doublemint Twins" as Kap put it
Share 49ersWebzone