LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yet without Justin Smith Aldon came crashing back down to earth.

Aldon was also injured when he "came crashing back down to earth." People need to give it a rest already. Did you see him pushing Williams around on Monday night? That guy has been touted as the best Left Tackle in the league this season and Aldon abused him. Do you see the moves he puts on linemen? No doubt Justin Smith helps EVERYONE on the defense, but Aldon is a premiere pass rusher. Why didn't anyone have 20 sacks in a season before Aldon was here? Justin was here at the time.

I am one of Justin Smith's biggest fans (he's my favorite player on the entire team), but he isn't solely responsible for Aldon 's production.

By the way, I'd go with Aldon. A premiere pass rusher trumps tackle machine MLBs in today's pass-first NFL, and as strong as Brooks has been the last few games, he is nowhere near Aldon's level as a pass rusher.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Nov 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Despite my username, I voted Aldon. I think a dominant pass rusher is more important than a dominant mlb. I like willis the most though out of those guys, but you can't go wrong with any.

aldon is a beast but without J smith playing or playing well weve seen him disappear at times. willis cleans up the middle of the field, stuffs the run, plays pass coverage. total package. its gotta be him or bowman

Naw I've seen aldon dominate guys without any stunts. Aldons play fell off when justin was hurt, because aldon was dealing with an injury as well. Justin helps him for sure though, but he doesn't need him. Willis prolly better all around, but pass rushers like that don't come round often and are more important I'd say.
Originally posted by Empire49:

Aldon was also injured when he "came crashing back down to earth." People need to give it a rest already. Did you see him pushing Williams around on Monday night? That guy has been touted as the best Left Tackle in the league this season and Aldon abused him. Do you see the moves he puts on linemen? No doubt Justin Smith helps EVERYONE on the defense, but Aldon is a premiere pass rusher. Why didn't anyone have 20 sacks in a season before Aldon was here? Justin was here at the time.

I am one of Justin Smith's biggest fans (he's my favorite player on the entire team), but he isn't solely responsible for Aldon 's production.

By the way, I'd go with Aldon. A premiere pass rusher trumps tackle machine MLBs in today's pass-first NFL, and as strong as Brooks has been the last few games, he is nowhere near Aldon's level as a pass rusher.

Yeah they're all beasts by themselves. We are very fortunate
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Yeah they're all beasts by themselves. We are very fortunate

Agreed, I would still take Aldon if I had to choose one. The media perpetuated the "without Justin Smith he can't get sacks" BS but if you actually look at those games he faced QBs that make a living off not taking sacks, and he still got a helluva lot of pressures and hits, people keep forgetting that.
Here's my answer:

Bowman all the way. And no, Falcons did not get a "raw deal". lol
[ Edited by mattster03 on Nov 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mattster03:
Here's my answer:

Brooks made the two plays before this one to force that 4th down. One, he swatted a ball that was going to be completed for a first down, the other, he rushed Ryan into an incompletion before burying him into the turf.
Willis.

i dont think the debate should be about who is the better pass rusher. thats part of the job and while i concede it is a passing league, brooks has also taken picks to the house while dropping in coverage. different player than aldon but more rounded for sure.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Here's my answer:

Brooks made the two plays before this one to force that 4th down. One, he swatted a ball that was going to be completed for a first down, the other, he rushed Ryan into an incompletion before burying him into the turf.

Indeed he did. IIRC it was a screen to the right that he swatted down. I still like Bowman a bit better personally....
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Here's my answer:

Indeed he did. IIRC it was a screen to the right that he swatted down. I still like Bowman a bit better personally....

it was an out route to White. He had a step on whoever was covering him. More than likely would've caught it for the first and then gone out of bounds.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
no Dan Skuta option?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Where do these questions come from?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by buck:
Where do these questions come from?

boredom
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Brooks. Contain the edge, rush the passer or drop back in coverage. He can do it all. Like NC said he can play all four LB positions if you need him to.
Here's my answer:

Youre allowed to push and grab eachother for positioning in close range like that. Bowman took his hands off White before the pass was thrown, and on top of it the pass was off line anyways.
Share 49ersWebzone