There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

Gotta go with Brooks this season. I think he's been our most disruptive player on defense, and he turns it up to 11 in the clutch. The way he's been blowing up screens and runs to the outside is crazy, let alone his pass rushing and passes defensed.
idk. alls I know is this hit was worth the penalty and loss.

Willis because he does everything at a high level and is harder to replace someone that has very little weakness in any part of his game. He can cover the fastest TEs and most receivers in his zone, he is great at rushing the QB when they call plays that have him doing that, he can make a play on the opposite side of the field that he starts on because of his speed and great angles, he is pretty good at catching the ball for INTs, and he has an uncanny ability to punch the ball out on tackles.

Most of this could be said for Bowman too, except for the interceptions and stripping the ball. He's had too many picks bounce of his hands and isn't quite as good as stripping the ball carrier as Pat is.
I'll go with WillBroWmanIth! We have the sickest LBs in the league! To choose one makes me sad
Originally posted by socalniner:
I'll go with WillBroWmanIth! We have the sickest LBs in the league! To choose one makes me sad

Hah! I know what you mean. It's like the, "Which kid do you save from a burning house?" question. After you answer the question, you feel uneasy with yourself.
This is a total mind F___. I can't make up my mind! On one hand, Willis and Gore are my favorite players, I have Willis' signed jersey in my man cave. Bowman is an absolute animal and is probably faster than Willis at this point. Aldon is a world class pass rusher, Brooks is playing at such a high level right now. Can't answer, just glad we have all 4 lol.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
idk. alls I know is this hit was worth the penalty and loss.

Still pissed about that call. What a hit!! Brooks is one of my favorite players and next to Bowman is playing the best football of the bunch but in most every other season Patrick Willis gets the benefit of the doubt and starts on my team. All four of these guys are special. It amazes me every Sunday that they're all on the same team.
id still take willis with a slight edge over bowman. those two guys can do everything and do it extremely well.
Skuta.

Oh alright, I love them all. But rushing the passer is the biggest thing and that means Aldon. But this is an amazing group.
I love choices....

We have seen that this crew is not one dimensional. When asked to perform outside of their boxes they perform.

We have seen guys be successful pass rushers that traditionally dont rush the passer.

I have never seen anything like this before in college or the pros.

Flip a coin...that guy might be the best on the team....Hell he might be the best in the NFL right now.

I had to go with A Smith. He has been a historically elite passrusher. He is not. Lucky pass rusher or a timely pass rusher...he effects so many plays every game with his pressure.

I love all 4 ... And I read the posts in this thread and say...yea that poster is right..it's like there is no wrong answer.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Nov 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM ]
Despite my username, I voted Aldon. I think a dominant pass rusher is more important than a dominant mlb. I like willis the most though out of those guys, but you can't go wrong with any.
Aldon is a once in a generation player. I'll take that anyday of the week, booze, guns, pills and all.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Despite my username, I voted Aldon. I think a dominant pass rusher is more important than a dominant mlb. I like willis the most though out of those guys, but you can't go wrong with any.

aldon is a beast but without J smith playing or playing well weve seen him disappear at times. willis cleans up the middle of the field, stuffs the run, plays pass coverage. total package. its gotta be him or bowman
Id have to say Bowman, hes had to really carry his own alot over the past two seasons more then the other three, they are all amazing lbers by far the best in the league, but when willis went down last year and this year bowman made it look like pat was never gone with backup mlbs next to him. Glad we have three of our 4 beasts long term.
Originally posted by matt49er:
This is a total mind F___. I can't make up my mind! On one hand, Willis and Gore are my favorite players, I have Willis' signed jersey in my man cave. Bowman is an absolute animal and is probably faster than Willis at this point. Aldon is a world class pass rusher, Brooks is playing at such a high level right now. Can't answer, just glad we have all 4 lol.

Love Bowman, but he is not faster than Willis. Willis is in his prime. Around 27 is your top athletic stage. Willis is 28.