There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

I thought it'd be fun to see what the WZ fanbase thinks of this amazing Linebacker corp of the 49ers. With the recent spike in play from Ahmed Brooks, it kind of evens the playing field a bit on which LB is preferred. Consider what you value in a defense and what skillset each Linebacker brings to the table. This is not a poll about who has had the best career thus far.

If you were to start the regular season from week 1, and you had the Linebacker for only one year, which Linebacker do you go with?

In a pass happy league where all the explosive offenses feature a star Quarterback, a premiere pass rusher can tip the balance in favor of the defense. Offensive lines have to immediately account for where Aldon lines up whenever they get set. If Aldon is on his game, offensive lines must shift protection accordingly to help out whoever Aldon is lined up across from, which can create favorable matchups for other players along the front 7. He does a good job playing the run and although he won't be good dropping back in coverage, what he excels at more than makes up for his shortcomings. So although he may be a 'one trick pony', his trick is what makes GMs draft players like him top 10 overall. His character and commitment to the game are issues, but his willingness to admit himself to a treatment clinic shows he is pointed in the right direction. Much apologies to Willis, but Aldon is the guy I'm going with.
Yet without Justin Smith Aldon came crashing back down to earth.
i'll go with brooks. he does it all, sets the edge, pressures the qb, picks off passes etc. last season pick 6 on brees is a play aldon smith is not capable of making.
Brooks. He is the only LB who can play all 4 LB positions AND DL. He is impossible to run on AND he can pass rush, can cover and is always clutch (you can't teach those instincts). Done.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Brooks. He is the only LB who can play all 4 LB positions AND DL. He is impossible to run on AND he can pass rush, can cover and is always clutch (you can't teach those instincts). Done.

Agreed, I gotta go with Brooks too.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I love PWilly, but this.... Brooks is beasting right now!

Bowman

he has shown he can get it done when it matters ...and he tends to pick up the slack when other LB's are hurt ...the guy is great team leader and the defense feeds off his ferocious tenacity .........but I could easily say the same thing about Willis

Cant go wrong with Brooks or Smith also ......Damn we are spoiled huh
Aldon. Pass Rushers are harder to find
I"m rolling with Bowman on this one
Willis
The last game, Willis look like he is playing injury free, he hits RB and stops them, but he is always creating fumbles
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
The last game, Willis look like he is playing injury free, he hits RB and stops them, but he is always creating fumbles

There was one play against the skins where he was being held and he still made the tackle on the RB.
All of them! Lol..
If you had to take one and couldn't have any of the others, I'd still have to go with Willis. Simply makes that tiny bit much more in the playmaking area. Although Brooks and Bowman are so incredibly close in my opinion.