Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
yeah no excuse for missing that rb wide open in the flat, i know his back was turned but you dont pass up that to toss it into double coverage.

Every QB makes mistakes blatant mistakes in games. Whether it's missing a read, or throwing a pick, or missing an easy throw. You could see that he knew he missed it. Overall, he played a really good game, in a game our running game generating very little, yet again.

obviously nobody is perfect, but i dont like how he doesnt dump it off to the rb's in the flat enough. if you're gonna hit some 30 yard pass, yeah alright, but to toss it in double coverage and almost a pick when the dude behind you is wide open, its concerning to me. i would not be as concerned had i seen a good track record of dump offs to the rb's with him.

Yeah...if you watch his eyes, he was clearly scanning the field but never got his eyes all the way over to the back. He instead worked back to one of his prior reads and never should have thrown the ball.

He'll see that on film tho. Every game is a learning experience and he'll get just a bit better every game.

These are typically the things you see out of young QBs. They do not need to check down as much in college, so it is an after-thought. Alex Smith AKA "Captain Checkdown" as some call him did not check down nearly as often early on in his career. I agree and think that will come around eventually.

Yeah, I noticed that guys like Breesus check down a ton. I know he's been checking down to Reggie Bush, LT, and Sproles but it's one thing that stands out on film.

On Alex's final drive against the Saints in the playoffs he checked down to Gore 3 times before hitting Vernon for the TD whereas Kap always tries to go down field on those game winning drives (see: the Panther's game interception to Manningham when all the underneath routes were unguarded).

The most ENRAGING thing about that is we only needed a FG and we had PLENTY of time to get it if we just moved down the field steadily. They left the underneath stuff wide open. We could gotten 10-15 yards each on two plays and still had about 20 seconds left to get the final 10-15 and put us in FG range.

To be fair tho...somebody messed up on that play. There were 2 receivers who ran almost identical routes right next to each other. Kap shouldn't have thrown the ball, but he wasn't the only guy who screwed up there.

the guy who ran the wrong route would have cleared the space underneath for MM i believe for a easy catch on the side line..but the DB that wasn't suppose to be there was..and thats the game
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
yeah no excuse for missing that rb wide open in the flat, i know his back was turned but you dont pass up that to toss it into double coverage.

Every QB makes mistakes blatant mistakes in games. Whether it's missing a read, or throwing a pick, or missing an easy throw. You could see that he knew he missed it. Overall, he played a really good game, in a game our running game generating very little, yet again.

obviously nobody is perfect, but i dont like how he doesnt dump it off to the rb's in the flat enough. if you're gonna hit some 30 yard pass, yeah alright, but to toss it in double coverage and almost a pick when the dude behind you is wide open, its concerning to me. i would not be as concerned had i seen a good track record of dump offs to the rb's with him.

Yeah...if you watch his eyes, he was clearly scanning the field but never got his eyes all the way over to the back. He instead worked back to one of his prior reads and never should have thrown the ball.

He'll see that on film tho. Every game is a learning experience and he'll get just a bit better every game.

These are typically the things you see out of young QBs. They do not need to check down as much in college, so it is an after-thought. Alex Smith AKA "Captain Checkdown" as some call him did not check down nearly as often early on in his career. I agree and think that will come around eventually.

Yeah, I noticed that guys like Breesus check down a ton. I know he's been checking down to Reggie Bush, LT, and Sproles but it's one thing that stands out on film.

On Alex's final drive against the Saints in the playoffs he checked down to Gore 3 times before hitting Vernon for the TD whereas Kap always tries to go down field on those game winning drives (see: the Panther's game interception to Manningham when all the underneath routes were unguarded).

The most ENRAGING thing about that is we only needed a FG and we had PLENTY of time to get it if we just moved down the field steadily. They left the underneath stuff wide open. We could gotten 10-15 yards each on two plays and still had about 20 seconds left to get the final 10-15 and put us in FG range.

To be fair tho...somebody messed up on that play. There were 2 receivers who ran almost identical routes right next to each other. Kap shouldn't have thrown the ball, but he wasn't the only guy who screwed up there.

the guy who ran the wrong route would have cleared the space underneath for MM i believe for a easy catch on the side line..but the DB that wasn't suppose to be there was..and thats the game

Precisely....the DB drifted back because there was no offensive player for him to account for.

That doesn't excuse Kap for not seeing the DB drift back, but it does illustrate that it's not all Kap.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM ]
OTC, your comment pretty well shows that even if kap is not having a stellar yr, and even if the OL can't pass protect, HaRo have one helluva lot of blame on their shoulders. This was a coaching error thru and thru. Not going for it on 4th and less than a foot against the Panthers down near RZ was a coaching error in tactics. HaRo had some dillies the last couple yrs, but this yr, harbaugh is just as guilty as roman, as jimbo is okaying essentially anything roman says. I have put the blame squarely on roman's shoulders, but harbaugh deserves just as much because he is keeping captain klunk around as OC...nobody else. Worse , he defends some of the blatantly dumbo things roman has done. Much as I hate to say it, Coach H has every bit as much responsibility as roman...his own guy. And that is really depressing. JH kept kyle W around long after he had played his way off the team. I truly believe he has done the same with roman, another guy who has played his way off the team.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Nov 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone