There are 258 users in the forums

2013 - Week 12: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry but I agree , he has weapons don't know how to use them , he had not one but two wide open players in front him when he was scrambling but chose to run out of bounds and got hit for no reason .
[ Edited by cNiner on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM ]
Kaep still looked like a mediocre QB--against the worst defense in football. No, it wasn't encouraging.
Kap was better then mediocre, not all pro super star but definetely better then mediocre.
Originally posted by AMBITION:
Kaep still looked like a mediocre QB--against the worst defense in football. No, it wasn't encouraging.

don't yall run out of email addresses to use?

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

don't yall run out of email addresses to use?

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
yeah no excuse for missing that rb wide open in the flat, i know his back was turned but you dont pass up that to toss it into double coverage.

Every QB makes mistakes blatant mistakes in games. Whether it's missing a read, or throwing a pick, or missing an easy throw. You could see that he knew he missed it. Overall, he played a really good game, in a game our running game generating very little, yet again.

obviously nobody is perfect, but i dont like how he doesnt dump it off to the rb's in the flat enough. if you're gonna hit some 30 yard pass, yeah alright, but to toss it in double coverage and almost a pick when the dude behind you is wide open, its concerning to me. i would not be as concerned had i seen a good track record of dump offs to the rb's with him.

Yeah...if you watch his eyes, he was clearly scanning the field but never got his eyes all the way over to the back. He instead worked back to one of his prior reads and never should have thrown the ball.

He'll see that on film tho. Every game is a learning experience and he'll get just a bit better every game.

These are typically the things you see out of young QBs. They do not need to check down as much in college, so it is an after-thought. Alex Smith AKA "Captain Checkdown" as some call him did not check down nearly as often early on in his career. I agree and think that will come around eventually.
I was re-watching the game on NFL Rewind, did anyone else notice that basically everytime RG3 got sacked, none of his offensive lineman came over to give him a hand getting up, it was always 49ers players doing it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I was re-watching the game on NFL Rewind, did anyone else notice that basically everytime RG3 got sacked, none of his offensive lineman came over to give him a hand getting up, it was always 49ers players doing it.

There was an article written about that, how the team is dysfunctional and hates all the hype RGIII gets while ignoring everyone else on the team. Basically, RGIII is meant out to be a victim of s**tty coaching and teammates.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/26/robert-griffin-iii-why-are-his-linemen-not-helping-him-up-this-year/
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
yeah no excuse for missing that rb wide open in the flat, i know his back was turned but you dont pass up that to toss it into double coverage.

Every QB makes mistakes blatant mistakes in games. Whether it's missing a read, or throwing a pick, or missing an easy throw. You could see that he knew he missed it. Overall, he played a really good game, in a game our running game generating very little, yet again.

obviously nobody is perfect, but i dont like how he doesnt dump it off to the rb's in the flat enough. if you're gonna hit some 30 yard pass, yeah alright, but to toss it in double coverage and almost a pick when the dude behind you is wide open, its concerning to me. i would not be as concerned had i seen a good track record of dump offs to the rb's with him.

Yeah...if you watch his eyes, he was clearly scanning the field but never got his eyes all the way over to the back. He instead worked back to one of his prior reads and never should have thrown the ball.

He'll see that on film tho. Every game is a learning experience and he'll get just a bit better every game.

These are typically the things you see out of young QBs. They do not need to check down as much in college, so it is an after-thought. Alex Smith AKA "Captain Checkdown" as some call him did not check down nearly as often early on in his career. I agree and think that will come around eventually.

Yeah, I noticed that guys like Breesus check down a ton. I know he's been checking down to Reggie Bush, LT, and Sproles but it's one thing that stands out on film.

On Alex's final drive against the Saints in the playoffs he checked down to Gore 3 times before hitting Vernon for the TD whereas Kap always tries to go down field on those game winning drives (see: the Panther's game interception to Manningham when all the underneath routes were unguarded).
Originally posted by tohara3:
Great job as usual Marvin49! I do think the coaching staff is holding Kaepernick back and telling him repeatedly to not run the ball so he doesn't get hurt out there. Last year there was no hesitation at all he would take off get the 1st down and more. Hopefully they are keeping him on a leash until the playoffs.

I agree. Until the coaches let him knit together drives with runs of his own, he will struggle. Rollouts, sweeps, QB draws, options, bootlegs. On every down. It's likely they're waiting for the playoffs to commit Kap, but the Niners pretty much have to win out. Essentially, the playoffs start Sunday against the Rams.

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Great job as usual Marvin49! I do think the coaching staff is holding Kaepernick back and telling him repeatedly to not run the ball so he doesn't get hurt out there. Last year there was no hesitation at all he would take off get the 1st down and more. Hopefully they are keeping him on a leash until the playoffs.

I agree. Until the coaches let him knit together drives with runs of his own, he will struggle. Rollouts, sweeps, QB draws, options, bootlegs. On every down. It's likely they're waiting for the playoffs to commit Kap, but the Niners pretty much have to win out. Essentially, the playoffs start Sunday against the Rams.

Kaep was playing for his position last year....this year he was put up on a pedestal
No, I think HC is playing him safe , cuz we have no backups for him . He is still afraid of making mistakes
Originally posted by cNiner:
Sorry but I agree , he has weapons don't know how to use them , he had not one but two wide open players in front him when he was scrambling but chose to run out of bounds and got hit for no reason .

and once again people are misunderstanding my point.
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:

Yeah, I noticed that guys like Breesus check down a ton. I know he's been checking down to Reggie Bush, LT, and Sproles but it's one thing that stands out on film.

On Alex's final drive against the Saints in the playoffs he checked down to Gore 3 times before hitting Vernon for the TD whereas Kap always tries to go down field on those game winning drives (see: the Panther's game interception to Manningham when all the underneath routes were unguarded).

The most ENRAGING thing about that is we only needed a FG and we had PLENTY of time to get it if we just moved down the field steadily. They left the underneath stuff wide open. We could gotten 10-15 yards each on two plays and still had about 20 seconds left to get the final 10-15 and put us in FG range.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:

The most ENRAGING thing about that is we only needed a FG and we had PLENTY of time to get it if we just moved down the field steadily. They left the underneath stuff wide open. We could gotten 10-15 yards each on two plays and still had about 20 seconds left to get the final 10-15 and put us in FG range.

To be fair tho...somebody messed up on that play. There were 2 receivers who ran almost identical routes right next to each other. Kap shouldn't have thrown the ball, but he wasn't the only guy who screwed up there.
Share 49ersWebzone