Nice review, Marvin49. Just to piggyback off some of the points you raised.
- It was nice to see Ham get targeted with the first 3-4 passes. For sure it opened things up a bit for Boldin.
- Like you stated, looks like the back shoulder throw to Boldin is here to stay versus press man coverage. Very nice placement on those passes versus WAS.
- When given time in the pocket, Kap can stand and deliver. His arm talent is undeniable. Much has been made of the near INTs, but I only counted one and it was the near pick-6 to the WAS linebacker - terrible pass. There was another tipped pass on an out route to the left side, but it was just that, a tip. Defenders have trouble intercepting Kap's bullet passes for a reason. They just aren't used to catching lasers. Apparently, there was a third 'near INT', but I can't recall it.
- Fangio is very creative with how he uses Aldon. I saw Aldon lined up in his usual spot versus the LT, on the other side of the formation versus the RT, and also as a DT. This isn't anything new though. One pass rush saw Aldon, Lemon, and Brooks on the field at the same time with TJE as the 4th rusher (Aldon as DT). Not sure how many times this front 4 saw the field, but I counted once for sure. Once Lemon ripens, this personnel (sub TJE for Justin) will wreak havoc and should rival the potent DL rotation that NYG had in their SB run.
- Shanahan is a dummy for continuing to throw those lame WR screens. Versus the 49er LB crew, it's suicide. Even Gruden mentioned during the telecast that the WAS WRs must be going back to the huddle saying, "throw that pass to someone else".
- LMJ showed us why he should be the PR and why he should not be the PR. Nice job when he catches the ball, but had a blatant muff that he was lucky to recover.
- Eliminate the screen pass from the playbook or practice it a hell of a lot more. The 49ers look like a bunch of pee wee kids when they try a right/left screen. Completely disjointed and full of fail, from the QB to the OL.
- Why does the 49er offense always get off to such slow starts. It's like the first two or three possessions are just throwaway possessions.