There are 189 users in the forums

Pass rush showed up, and what a result!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Need to see it against top teams. While it feels great, only beating up on bad teams doesn't win Superbowls.

In the 49ers defense its not like Washington starts a couple of slouches out there at tackle. Williams is a very good player and it wouldn't have mattered who was out there tonight. The defense was going to get theirs.

I don't understand really where you're coming from with this post. The offense is the only unit that hasn't shown up against good teams. The defense has been outstanding all year. In fact this is the exact type of team that that has given our Niners defense fits in the past with how well they run the ball and all the damn screens. Isn't Washington the league's #1 rushing offense? Didn't look like it last night. GO NINERS!
I guess the QB's nut sack is between the knees and neck so nice play on that punt by Aldon.
Originally posted by saj4423:
I guess the QB's nut sack is between the knees and neck so nice play on that punt by Aldon.

Aldon always comes in guns blazing.
when all our pass rushers are healthy and working together this front 7 is dangerous. Skuta did a nice job filling in for Aldon and the Lemon man has a lot of talent and promise, but those guys simply aren't Aldon Smith. When Aldon is in the game, Cowboy plays better, things open up for Brooks and the whole defense takes off. Can't wait till Tank is in full swing.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Need to see it against top teams. While it feels great, only beating up on bad teams doesn't win Superbowls.
This. Though, imo, our defense is very good this year, with a few exceptions. IF the pass rush were as good as this night, the league would be boring :D
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
When Aldon dominates at the level that he did today, plays like a wrecking machine, the entire defense goes up to a whole new level. He's really the key in terms of getting the pass rush going and as teams focus more on him, it does open up opportunities for other guys such as Brooks and the DL's to get to the QB.

The combination of Smith and Brooks works amazing; their skills seem to compliment each other perfectly.

It's pick your poison with Brooks and Smith .....but then again we can bring the heat with some ILB blitzes with the double mint twins too
This is the result:

I am nervous to see what Quinn and Long bring to the table this sunday. Our O-line will have their hands full. That being said, you would think as a game plan we would implement some WR screens, RB screens, mis-direction plays etc. to slow down the pass rush and make them think. We shall see and I have my doubts our coaches will do this. They seem to like:

- runs up the middle for 1 yard
- taking forever to call a play and forcing offense to use TO's
- Not moving the pocket (roll out) to give Kaep more time to throw and get away from premier pass rushers
Aldon had a great game last night. I know many people have said his sack numbers were only a product of playing next to Justin Smith but I think we can put that to rest. In the games he's been out, the Niners have had a lot of trouble getting sacks. Now that Smith is back and seems to be back in game shape, he was taking control of the game against a good left tackle.

It was very nice to see him play a strong game last night. Forgot how fun it is to watch him
Brooks played with a vengeance.

Aldon has returned.

Justin is still the MAN!

And the guys filling in for Ray Mac have really contributed.

W

Seeing how we played RGIII, just shows how good Russell Wilson actually is.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Fred Dean would cause havoc on opposing offenses, so could Charles Haley. Aldon is definitely headed in that direction where he can take control of a game. With Brooks and Lemonier in the mix it's lights out.
please remember cedrick hardman, tommy hart, jimmy webb and cleveland elam,, elam was looking down on this game and would have been very proud of the pass rush
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
was it nolan who took the chance on brooks?
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Aldon had a great game last night. I know many people have said his sack numbers were only a product of playing next to Justin Smith but I think we can put that to rest. In the games he's been out, the Niners have had a lot of trouble getting sacks. Now that Smith is back and seems to be back in game shape, he was taking control of the game against a good left tackle.

It was very nice to see him play a strong game last night. Forgot how fun it is to watch him

it was always a make belief theory anyways. if it were so true parys haralson, manny lawson and travis laboy would have had 10 sack season playing beside justin. nobody ever mentioned anything about it until gilbride last year, then after that apparently everybody had known it for years.
Was waiting for Lemonier to get at least one last night.
Share 49ersWebzone