There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The San Francisco 49ers the most winningest team in Monday Night Football history

1) 49ers: 44

2) cowboys: 43

3) steelers: 40
3) dolphins: 40

5) giants: 38

How about dem apples?

Nice
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Not surprised. We own MNF.
To be fair probably should look up how many games each team has played and see the win percentage. We have played a ton, use to be 3 a year in the golden years. I'm curious to see how many the other teams in the top 5 (at least) have played.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
To be fair probably should look up how many games each team has played and see the win percentage. We have played a ton, use to be 3 a year in the golden years. I'm curious to see how many the other teams in the top 5 (at least) have played.

We played so many times because we earned it by being good.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Santa Clara is gonna end it.

Thanks Levi's
wheres seattle? this list must be wrong, they should have over 50 wins
Cool stat Stoney.
Originally posted by niners94:
We played so many times because we earned it by being good.

I know that, you don't have to sell me on that.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Santa Clara is gonna end it
Thanks Levi's

You know that's just for the first year while they get traffic figured out right? And that doesn't mean we can't play a road MNF game. Just that they don't want a home mnf or thursday night game for the first year until they figure out how traffic is and get that all figured out since the games will be starting right around when work gets out. I think we will still have 1 road TNF, 1 or 2 road MNF and 1-2 SNF games at home since it's just for week day games. No work traffic sunday night.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
1) 49ers: 44

2) cowboys: 43

3) steelers: 40
3) dolphins: 40

5) giants: 38

How about dem apples?

Awesome stat and even better reference lol

"You like Apples? Well how about 'dem apples?!"
Originally posted by Gore_21:
According to this link the Niners were 38-23 in 2007.
In 2008 we were 0-1
2009 1-0
2010 1-1
2011 1-0
2012 2-0
2013 1-0

Franchise Monday Night record 44-25
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_49ers_record_on_Monday_Night_Football

Dallas Cowboys
W-43
L-32

Pittsburgh Steelers
W-40
L-25

Miami Dolphins
W-42
L-40

N.Y. Giants
W-24
L-35
T-1
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

You can do the percentages, Idk where these numbers came from, but they don't match mine. I could be wrong doe feel free to check yourselves, my eyes started to burn staring at the screen adding wins and loses could have made a mistake, plz let me know lol
Thanks for taking the time to research that. So looks like we have the most wins and the best win percentage of all those teams in the the top 5 as well. I know we have always done really well on MNF. 6-2 since 2008 and those 2 loses by 3 I think to Saints 25-22 and looked up other one 29-24 to Cardinals at Cardinals dont even look that one up. puuuuuuuuuuuukkkeeee was goal line stop at end of game where we tried to run it in with robinson I believe from way a few yards out. Yeah point being can't remember too many mnf games where we got blown out, Would have to go through each year to see. Edit: last one 2007 24-0 at seattle, before that had one in 2003 30-14 over steelers (rattay game?), 2002 was 2nd blowout loss 38-17 to eagles

I actually found this and it's updated standings off all teams for MNF: click column to sort by that heading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Football_all-time_team_standings

We are 2nd in win percentage to Seattle but we played 69 games they played 27.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home