There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 9ers seriously needs to watch out !!

Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Some fans are in the same denial that the 9ers coaching staff is in - "It will be fine, ...we're a play-off team."

Maybe it will take a kick in the stomach failure for the staff to wake up and address the reality that the 9ers:
1. Offense is remedial
2. Talent at WR is comical
3. And with that, our defense is tiring (mentally and physically) just like prior years

Maybe it's only by significant failure this front office and staff will make changes necessary to catch the Seahawk's younger, stronger, faster, more complete team - PED's or not. And they will realize the improving Rams and Cards are poised with the momentum to overtake 9ers.

The only consolation is that MAYBE the front office saw this coming and in reality drafted like this was a rebuilding year. They drafted a lot of top talent that would pay dividends in year 2 - but not immediately:
1. Lattimore to replace Gore
2. Tank and Dial for the DL
3. Lemonier for OLB rotation

Next year the draft priorities have to be:
1. WR (even if they have to draft multiple options)
2. CB

(PS - Why the heck did we hire Mangini - we needed an offensive passing game consultant!!!)

Yep. When people post the truth, for some reason some of the older members just don't want to listen to it like they are blinded by their fandom.

I have been wanting to say this for a long time, my pediction is the Seahawks' time has arrived and they will dominate on top for a while, may be a couple of years at the very least.

The 9ers is an aging team, one of the oldest in fact. We have many holes in multiple positions on our roster ranging from WR to RB, to DL to KR/PR to name a few. Our personnel is simply inferior. It will take a tonne of work as in changes before we can climb back up again. As to when ? That depends on whether we can make the right moves in the draft as well as free agency and how fast we can reload again. No earlier than 2015.

What the FO needs to do is to stop stockpiling picks while not fully utilizing them. Use the picks wisely to trade up for strong prospects and stop mucking around with a bunch of low rounders who will only end up on the trading block.

The 49ers are one of the most talented teams in the league. They are still Super Bowl contenders this year, and will be for the next couple of years. Things can turn around very quickly. In my opinion, it's an over-reaction to write off this team for this year (as well as next year!? WTF?)

Why? First, there is no evidence that our defense is tiring. It is a championship caliber defense. That defense will keep us in every game...we are not an easy out for any team. Second, it's not impossible to believe that our passing offense can regain its footing within the next couple of months. After all, it was only earlier this year when it looked fantastic.

I am not saying we should be #1 in the ESPN power rankings. We are not currently the favorite to win the Super Bowl (statistically, no team is). But there is no need to completely write this year off.

(If we lose to the Redskins and the Rams in the next two week, then we can start to hit the panic button and start looking to 2014 (or 2015 or whatever).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let's see what you guys say when we finish 12-4

i will say great, fine, i over reacted and did not let the season play out and did not give enough credit to the players and (gulp) roman. if on the other hand ,, what are you prepared to do? and actually if something bad happens and we miss the playoffs or fall off the cliff I am not going to harass people who predicted 12-4 because that serves no purpose and the results will speak volumes but yes yes, i of course hope your theory is right despite some who think i am a negative nancy, i still feel we will only lose to the hawks this year and play the cards and beat the cards there to sneak into the playoffs. i think a game to decide a playoff spot is pressure the cards are not ready for,, however can not look that far down the road because if we lose tonight,, that game will mean nothing

look at the panthers and cards schedule before anything please..panthers will lose 3 games and cards will lose 4..we will be the 5th seed fully healthy going to philly..

hope so,, i just hate the groove those teams are in right now. i am just getting a little weary( plus it is getting late in the season) for us to keep saying" well hopefully we will pick up, roman will get his head out of his ass and we will starting playing well vs all teams.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
The 49ers are one of the most talented teams in the league. They are still Super Bowl contenders this year, and will be for the next couple of years. Things can turn around very quickly. In my opinion, it's an over-reaction to write off this team for this year (as well as next year!? WTF?)

Why? First, there is no evidence that our defense is tiring. It is a championship caliber defense. That defense will keep us in every game...we are not an easy out for any team. Second, it's not impossible to believe that our passing offense can regain its footing within the next couple of months. After all, it was only earlier this year when it looked fantastic.

I am not saying we should be #1 in the ESPN power rankings. We are not currently the favorite to win the Super Bowl (statistically, no team is). But there is no need to completely write this year off.

(If we lose to the Redskins and the Rams in the next two week, then we can start to hit the panic button and start looking to 2014 (or 2015 or whatever).
our third down conversion rate on defense is not good and if you can not get off the field. and the passing game looked"fantastic" for one game.. one game. it was respectable at best during the five game win streak vs bad teams. by the way if we lose tonight you can start looking ahead to next year in my opinion
I expect 3 sacks for Aldon tonight under the bright lights!

ooh kill em!

our third down conversion rate on defense is not good and if you can not get off the field. and the passing game looked"fantastic" for one game.. one game. it was respectable at best during the five game win streak vs bad teams. by the way if we lose tonight you can start looking ahead to next year in my opinion

Stop making up fake stats. Our third down conversion rate is 8th in the league. Certainly not bad. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/thirdDownConvPct/position/defense

The fantastic passing offense I was referring to was from the end of last year and the first game. My point wasn't that our passing offense has looked good, just that it isn't like Kaepernick and company have never done it before.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Stop making up fake stats. Our third down conversion rate is 8th in the league. Certainly not bad. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/thirdDownConvPct/position/defense

The fantastic passing offense I was referring to was from the end of last year and the first game. My point wasn't that our passing offense has looked good, just that it isn't like Kaepernick and company have never done it before.
ok.. despite where we fall in the grand scheme of things, stat wise. our team struggles at key times to make a key stop or get off the field and just overall struggles with breakdowns at key times in the game across the board . ok maybe you are right and we are 8th best or whatever but the timing that they occur just kill us. when the passing offense was fantastic, teams were not playing us the way or taking things away from us way back then like the way they are doing now,.. in turn the coaches have shown no ability to adjust or adapt and as a result we just spin our wheels in 30 second drives,, accompanied by the usual play clock violations, time outs and foolish challenge flags
Other teams need to watch out for us. We're about to get healthy and catch steam it's funny how half of our fan base has given up on our team

people are raising serious concerns about this team and coaches. i am tired of the injury excuse, the refs are against us and whatever else. the fact of the matter is that we do not play good football , for whatever reason, vs good teams and that should be a concern and not to be confused with "chicken littles the sky is falling". we won five in a row vs bad teams and no one said anything about injuries which we had in multiple places. the injuries just did not happen as of late. in case you have not noticed, aldon is back but is hardly a factor and our pass rush continues to suck. mario is back but our passing game continues to suck. No this is not "whining", those are the facts,. we have no margin for error anymore. a loss tonight would destroy this team and our playoff chances in my opinion. other teams are not afraid of the niners anymore and are playing with no pressure on them so keep that in mind. we better damn well not get off to a bad start tonight and give this team hope

This...It is a critical moment in the story of the 2013 season. Lose tonight and then have to face Seattle we could be 6-6 in a heartbeat. Getting to the playoffs from there is gonna be really, really difficult if that happens. This is not paranoia, just a realistic assessment of the importance of tonight's game.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I expect 3 sacks for Aldon tonight under the bright lights!

ooh kill em!

YESSSS ...ITS ABOUT THAT TIME...NINERS WILL DOMINATE TONIGHT..IM THINKING A PICK 6 FOR TREMAINE BROCK IN HIS 1ST START..PROVING THAT 16 MILLION OVER 4 YEARS IS LOOKIN LIKE A BARGAIN LOL..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Let's see what you guys say when we finish 12-4

i will say great, fine, i over reacted and did not let the season play out and did not give enough credit to the players and (gulp) roman. if on the other hand ,, what are you prepared to do? and actually if something bad happens and we miss the playoffs or fall off the cliff I am not going to harass people who predicted 12-4 because that serves no purpose and the results will speak volumes but yes yes, i of course hope your theory is right despite some who think i am a negative nancy, i still feel we will only lose to the hawks this year and play the cards and beat the cards there to sneak into the playoffs. i think a game to decide a playoff spot is pressure the cards are not ready for,, however can not look that far down the road because if we lose tonight,, that game will mean nothing

look at the panthers and cards schedule before anything please..panthers will lose 3 games and cards will lose 4..we will be the 5th seed fully healthy going to philly..

hope so,, i just hate the groove those teams are in right now. i am just getting a little weary( plus it is getting late in the season) for us to keep saying" well hopefully we will pick up, roman will get his head out of his ass and we will starting playing well vs all teams.

YES ROMANS PLAY CALLING IS QUESTIONABLE BUT IF THERE IS NO1 TO THROW THE BALL TO BC THEY CANT GET OPEN THEN WHAT..? ADD THAT WITH A LINE WHO ISNT PLAYING TO THERE FULL POTENTIAL..THEN KAP GETS THE BLAME..??? CMON NOW..BY THE PLAYOFFS THE NINERS OFFENSE WILL LOOK DIFFENRENT BC OF BETTER PLAYERS WHO WILL GET OPEN..THEN YOU WILL SEE ALL OF THE COMMENTATORS LOVING KAP N CALLING HIM THE POSSIBLE BEST EVER TO PLAY THE GAME AGAIN..AGAIN..!!
Originally posted by boast:
the OP is has donned his Captain Obvious suit.

Yeap.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Come on Niners, kick some ass.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Other teams need to watch out for us. We're about to get healthy and catch steam it's funny how half of our fan base has given up on our team

people are raising serious concerns about this team and coaches. i am tired of the injury excuse, the refs are against us and whatever else. the fact of the matter is that we do not play good football , for whatever reason, vs good teams and that should be a concern and not to be confused with "chicken littles the sky is falling". we won five in a row vs bad teams and no one said anything about injuries which we had in multiple places. the injuries just did not happen as of late. in case you have not noticed, aldon is back but is hardly a factor and our pass rush continues to suck. mario is back but our passing game continues to suck. No this is not "whining", those are the facts,. we have no margin for error anymore. a loss tonight would destroy this team and our playoff chances in my opinion. other teams are not afraid of the niners anymore and are playing with no pressure on them so keep that in mind. we better damn well not get off to a bad start tonight and give this team hope

This...It is a critical moment in the story of the 2013 season. Lose tonight and then have to face Seattle we could be 6-6 in a heartbeat. Getting to the playoffs from there is gonna be really, really difficult if that happens. This is not paranoia, just a realistic assessment of the importance of tonight's game.

Actually, there's a Rams game in between Skins and Hawks...I'm still predicting after the Seahawks game 49ers will be 7-6, and they will go into the final week of the season tied with Cards at 9-6, and that last game will be for the #6 seed. So yes, I do think the 49ers will lose 2 of the next 3...they'll get a win in one of the next two vs Wash and StL, and then lose to Seattle. I hope I'm wrong, but just haven't seen much to think that Crabtree returning is some panacea to fix the offense, or that Roman's doctors can find a cure for his rectal-cranial inversion.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Some fans are in the same denial that the 9ers coaching staff is in - "It will be fine, ...we're a play-off team."

Maybe it will take a kick in the stomach failure for the staff to wake up and address the reality that the 9ers:
1. Offense is remedial
2. Talent at WR is comical
3. And with that, our defense is tiring (mentally and physically) just like prior years

Maybe it's only by significant failure this front office and staff will make changes necessary to catch the Seahawk's younger, stronger, faster, more complete team - PED's or not. And they will realize the improving Rams and Cards are poised with the momentum to overtake 9ers.

The only consolation is that MAYBE the front office saw this coming and in reality drafted like this was a rebuilding year. They drafted a lot of top talent that would pay dividends in year 2 - but not immediately:
1. Lattimore to replace Gore
2. Tank and Dial for the DL
3. Lemonier for OLB rotation

Next year the draft priorities have to be:
1. WR (even if they have to draft multiple options)
2. CB

(PS - Why the heck did we hire Mangini - we needed an offensive passing game consultant!!!)

Yep. When people post the truth, for some reason some of the older members just don't want to listen to it like they are blinded by their fandom.

I have been wanting to say this for a long time, my pediction is the Seahawks' time has arrived and they will dominate on top for a while, may be a couple of years at the very least.

The 9ers is an aging team, one of the oldest in fact. We have many holes in multiple positions on our roster ranging from WR to RB, to DL to KR/PR to name a few. Our personnel is simply inferior. It will take a tonne of work as in changes before we can climb back up again. As to when ? That depends on whether we can make the right moves in the draft as well as free agency and how fast we can reload again. No earlier than 2015.

What the FO needs to do is to stop stockpiling picks while not fully utilizing them. Use the picks wisely to trade up for strong prospects and stop mucking around with a bunch of low rounders who will only end up on the trading block.

First things first... the 49ers have the 25th oldest roster in the league. That's not terrible. Compare it to the Panthers (26th), Broncos (28th), and Bears (29th). Yes, the Seahawks are 4th, so props to them, but the rest of the top 5, in descending order? Rams, Browns, Bills, & Jaguars. Youth isn't always a guarantee for greatness.

Agree with Wisconsin49erfan. The defense is fine, just beat-up. We lost Ian Williams, Chris Culliver, & Tarrell Brown. Patrick Willis was out at least one game, can't remember exactly. Ray McDonald also got dinged.

Here are the all the all-pro's we have on defense... Willis, Bowman, Aldon, Brooks, McDonald, & Justin Smith (old, but still great). Add Eric Reid to that list, as he has played at a Pro Bowl level this year (zero falloff from Goldson). Donte Whitner isn't perfect, but he's better than average. Our corners play well in the system, and Tremaine Brock has come on. But again, we have also lost two CB's to injuries. It is what it is.

On offense, yes, wide receiver is a problem. You can't go from Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Ginn, Davs, & Walker to Boldin & Davis at the beginning of the season and not expect a dropoff. Really, the 49ers just need ONE guy to compliment Crabtree, and it will no doubt be priority #1 for the front office in the offseason.

Running back, however, is not a problem. The 49ers still run the ball extremely well, thanks to the amazing offensive line we've got (though the loss of Iupati will definitely hurt in the next month). Frank Gore still gets it done. Kendall Hunter seems to have a fumbling issue, but otherwise, he is solid (admittedly, it is hard to get a good read on Hunter when he never gets a full set of snaps). LaMichael James could be a good role player as a scat back, but the 49ers can't seem to find effective ways to use him. James could be a huge playmaker in the right offense a la Darren Sproles, but the jury is still out. And Marcus Lattimore is redshirting.

So what is left? A better #2 TE could help, but it's still kinda early to call Vance McDonald a bust. PR/KR is an issue I suppose, but many teams in the league don't have great players at this position.

So... I'm not sure personnel-wise what is worth getting upset about here besides the WR-issue. I think the team has some injuries, Kaep isn't playing as well as he used to, and Greg Roman is in a big play-calling slump. To say this team needs a complete overhaul, less than one year removed from the Super Bowl, is short sighted and a clear-cut case of knee-jerk overreaction.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Come on Niners, kick some ass.

Please do so tonight. Snap this losing streak now.

Help out a division rival.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
same here .....once our passing game finally gets into a rhythm , I'll back off Roman/Harbs/ CK a bit ....but I havent been this frustrated with our passing attack since the days of Dorsey/ Pickett/ Dilfer/ O'Sullivan

Agreed...our offense is hard to watch...it's like the ghost of Jimmy Raye...