LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

The 9ers seriously needs to watch out !!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
my thing is, how do we get so handled by the colts and the seahawks, but then turn around and beat the rams and cards which have given the previous teams absolute fits when they play them? that does not make any sense.
Some fans are in the same denial that the 9ers coaching staff is in - "It will be fine, ...we're a play-off team."

Maybe it will take a kick in the stomach failure for the staff to wake up and address the reality that the 9ers:
1. Offense is remedial
2. Talent at WR is comical
3. And with that, our defense is tiring (mentally and physically) just like prior years

Maybe it's only by significant failure this front office and staff will make changes necessary to catch the Seahawk's younger, stronger, faster, more complete team - PED's or not. And they will realize the improving Rams and Cards are poised with the momentum to overtake 9ers.

The only consolation is that MAYBE the front office saw this coming and in reality drafted like this was a rebuilding year. They drafted a lot of top talent that would pay dividends in year 2 - but not immediately:
1. Lattimore to replace Gore
2. Tank and Dial for the DL
3. Lemonier for OLB rotation

Next year the draft priorities have to be:
1. WR (even if they have to draft multiple options)
2. CB

(PS - Why the heck did we hire Mangini - we needed an offensive passing game consultant!!!)
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
my thing is, how do we get so handled by the colts and the seahawks, but then turn around and beat the rams and cards which have given the previous teams absolute fits when they play them? that does not make any sense.

I believe for the Colts we totally under-estimated them. As for the Seahawks, we (or at least Kap) is intimidated by them, some will say is the playcalling. I would say mainly Kap followed by the playcalling. If I am not wrong, no other team has scored less than us against the Seahawks. Our D kept us in the game in most part, but is the offense that let us down completely.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Some fans are in the same denial that the 9ers coaching staff is in - "It will be fine, ...we're a play-off team."

Maybe it will take a kick in the stomach failure for the staff to wake up and address the reality that the 9ers:
1. Offense is remedial
2. Talent at WR is comical
3. And with that, our defense is tiring (mentally and physically) just like prior years

Maybe it's only by significant failure this front office and staff will make changes necessary to catch the Seahawk's younger, stronger, faster, more complete team - PED's or not. And they will realize the improving Rams and Cards are poised with the momentum to overtake 9ers.

The only consolation is that MAYBE the front office saw this coming and in reality drafted like this was a rebuilding year. They drafted a lot of top talent that would pay dividends in year 2 - but not immediately:
1. Lattimore to replace Gore
2. Tank and Dial for the DL
3. Lemonier for OLB rotation

Next year the draft priorities have to be:
1. WR (even if they have to draft multiple options)
2. CB

(PS - Why the heck did we hire Mangini - we needed an offensive passing game consultant!!!)

Yep. When people post the truth, for some reason some of the older members just don't want to listen to it like they are blinded by their fandom.

I have been wanting to say this for a long time, my pediction is the Seahawks' time has arrived and they will dominate on top for a while, may be a couple of years at the very least.

The 9ers is an aging team, one of the oldest in fact. We have many holes in multiple positions on our roster ranging from WR to RB, to DL to KR/PR to name a few. Our personnel is simply inferior. It will take a tonne of work as in changes before we can climb back up again. As to when ? That depends on whether we can make the right moves in the draft as well as free agency and how fast we can reload again. No earlier than 2015.

What the FO needs to do is to stop stockpiling picks while not fully utilizing them. Use the picks wisely to trade up for strong prospects and stop mucking around with a bunch of low rounders who will only end up on the trading block.
  • buck
  • Veteran
We play Washington tonight.

If anyone on the team is thinking about any team other than Washington, we do have a problem.

What anybody thought initially is not important. The games are played on the field and that is good.
will the driver please come to a complete stop before these guys jump off the wagon? go niners!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Yep. When people post the truth, for some reason some of the older members just don't want to listen to it like they are blinded by their fandom.

I have been wanting to say this for a long time, my pediction is the Seahawks' time has arrived and they will dominate on top for a while, may be a couple of years at the very least.

The 9ers is an aging team, one of the oldest in fact. We have many holes in multiple positions on our roster ranging from WR to RB, to DL to KR/PR to name a few. Our personnel is simply inferior. It will take a tonne of work as in changes before we can climb back up again. As to when ? That depends on whether we can make the right moves in the draft as well as free agency and how fast we can reload again. No earlier than 2015.

What the FO needs to do is to stop stockpiling picks while not fully utilizing them. Use the picks wisely to trade up for strong prospects and stop mucking around with a bunch of low rounders who will only end up on the trading block.

IMHO, I think this team can rebound by next year - it's possible with JH as our coach but he and his staff have to be open to new, fresh, modern concepts - we see time and time again good teams spiraling downwards because they refuse to change and adapt to the evolving NFL.

As for the youth on this team, I think Baalke does a good job using his numerous draft picks to keep the team youthful - but it's not his job to utilize then. If our young guys are warming the bench, unlikely to even see the field. That's on the coaches. Choosing an old, gimpy Nnmadi over Marcus Cooper. Sending McDonald to block 90% of the time as if he'll ever fully develop as a receiver. We've had the same WR lineup for over a decade - one aging vet WR we rely on primarily and a bunch of underdeveloped, deer in headlight rookies behind him. And I don't know what this team will do when Gore eventually retires - it's like pulling teeth to get them to give our young RBs (Hunter, LMJ) a bit more than a handful of touches.

Baalke can bring in young talent and make key acquisitions in FA. But it starts with the coaches and how they utilize them.

And I'd also like to see Baalke and the FO make a bold in the draft and trade up for a strong prospect. The way this offense is looking, I hope they do whatever possible to bring this kid to SF:
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Nov 25, 2013 at 7:02 AM ]
Panic mode has officially hit the 49er fanbase lol.
we'll bounce back tonight ....our guys know when their up against it ...and tonight they need to fight hard to stay afloat ....and we will win this f**ker !!!!!!!!!!!!!
If our offense can kick into gear I'm not worried about who we play really. It's all on them IMO.

They still play each other also though
We cannot afford to overlook anyone!

Agree the Cards and Rams are much better than many give them credit for.

Add to that - the level of our offensive play is not something to build confidence.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Honestly, at this point... why would the 49ers even care anymore?

They have already been battered and bruised multiple times this season. They have lost the lofty respect we spent earning the last two seasons, and apparently lost all credibility as an NFC contender. They have lost tough games to good opponents, they have been riddled with injuries and our offensive coordinator is still trying to find out how to put his shoes on.

At this point in the season, what the fu*k is there to be scared of anymore? We already knew the Rams and Cardinals were good teams. We already knew the Seahawks were going to break out this year. And we sure the heck knew we would struggle on offense after making Kaep play outside his game, and losing his bestest pal. We have seen it all this season.

So seriously, who cares? Why would they care about the Cardinals being "good"? Of course they're good! But I'm sure as hell the 49ers players don't give a crap about anyone else but themselves, because we are the only ones who will fix our problems. I mean yeah, we as fans can look ahead and acknowledge the teams that will give us a run for our money, but really at this point, for the 49ers, I doubt they give a sh*t about any of the teams that look "tough". It's time they put their hardhats on, get back to playing their games and start bringing it every week like it's a playoff game.

They have seen all the adversity at this point, so it really doesn't matter who we play anymore. I know this team is in a dark place right now, but it's up to them whether they climb out of it or not. The Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks or Panthers should not be on our players minds anymore. The thread should be named "49er fans seriously need to watch out!"

This ^^^^
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Originally posted by Rascal:
After how the Sunday games have transpired, I feel compelled to raise this.

Both the Rams and Cards blew out their opponents and may I add they weren't exactly bad teams neither :

• Rams 42 - Bears 21
  • Cards 40 - Colts 11

If this is an indication that both teams might be getting hot, the Seahawks might not be our only problem in the upcoming games. Noone has talked about the Rams nor the Cards. Right now, the Cards has already overtaken us at 7-4 (of course with us yet to play the Redskins) and the Rams have won 2 straight. But, it is more than just whether these teams can beat us to the 6th spot, it is what they can do to our record in our fight with the other contending teams outside of division in securing this last wildcard spot as well.

As it stands, I think we need to be cognizant the race to the wildcard spot could be more difficult than we initially expect.

I don't know about you, but I am definitely concerned.

Just saying.

Yes, the playoff road is getting steeper and steeper. This offense has to click NOW, or we won't make it. We've lost our momentum.

Definitely concur
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
the OP is has donned his Captain Obvious suit.
Share 49ersWebzone