LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

Ex-Recievers Making Plays Why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
To sum it up, our coaching is sh*t water and Roman should be canned. We could've had TY Hilton but instead we drafted AJ Jenkins (which was a terrible choice) and we all know how that went. Our drafting of offensive weapons under Harbaugh has also been garbage thus far. It's very hard to watch Niner offensive football these days.

doesn't it just make you sick,I'm watching Brandob Jacobs running all over the cowgirls today,but he could not even get on field with the 9ers,Jim H is beginning to look like a dictator instead of a COACH, something else He is a Big Fat Liar....I'm loosing all trust in Him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because the playcalling lacks imagination in the passing game, they seem to put more effort into goofy gimmicks than they do in scheming guys open properly and utlizing all their weapons. Also, from what I've seen, I'm not impressed whatsoever with Morton as a WR coach, I think the 49ers need to upgrade at both the OC and WR coach spots.

they run gimm ick plays because they don't have the Mental Capacity to do anything else and yes Roman,Morton and Geep all need to be booted out the door Head-First.

Stop whining about what HArbaugh said he was gonna do. It pretty much went out the door when Kap became the starter. What Phoenix says is correct. I'm not impressed with Morton as WR coach. Roman is creative in the run game and with his formations at times but the lack of adjustments that are made in the passing game and creativity in passing plays sucks. I agree Roman needs to be replaced and so does Morton.

I agreed to phoenix49 and. E-49ers... Thumb ups
I don't see why everyone is dogging Morton. He can coach guys up all day long but he can't step out on the field and play for them, nor can he call the plays.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I don't see why everyone is dogging Morton. He can coach guys up all day long but he can't step out on the field and play for them, nor can he call the plays.

Agreed. It's kind of like how we all used to blame Jerry Sullivan for our WR troubles. Pay no attention to all the idiotic HCs and OCs we had, plus all the no talent WRs we had LOL. These positional coaches are not in positions of power. The blame should largely go to the HC, OC, QB, and WRs.
Last week in the Denver game I remember Colinsworth saying its an agreement between the WR and QB. The QB doesn't hang a Reciever out to dry over the middle, and the Reciever makes a bad throw look like a gem. Ask yourself this, have you seen a single Reciever make the catch on even a slightly off target but catchable ball this year? seldom, he'll they drop the good ones...much less the bad.
Fire Morton. He is stinking up the place with his USC vibe.

But most importantly. Get Rid of Roman or have Baalke let someone else draft the receivers
[ Edited by gold49digger on Nov 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM ]
Hey guys, maybe our WRs aren't that QB and our QB isn't quite there yet.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Last week in the Denver game I remember Colinsworth saying its an agreement between the WR and QB. The QB doesn't hang a Reciever out to dry over the middle, and the Reciever makes a bad throw look like a gem. Ask yourself this, have you seen a single Reciever make the catch on even a slightly off target but catchable ball this year? seldom, he'll they drop the good ones...much less the bad.

Umm yes. Boldin's been doing it all year. Have you not been watching?
Why throw to WRs when we can run LMJ up the middle, where he excels

oh wait . . .
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I checked it out the statistics, and it appears that WR's who are on the field have a much greater chance of catching a pass than WR's who are not on the field.

Most of the time, our offense is a fullback, a running back, two TE's and Boldin. That is who is on the field.

This. This drives me crazy as the defenses get closer & closer to the line of scrimmage we do nothing to counter it except go to the jumbo package & still try to run the ball.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I checked it out the statistics, and it appears that WR's who are on the field have a much greater chance of catching a pass than WR's who are not on the field.

Most of the time, our offense is a fullback, a running back, two TE's and Boldin. That is who is on the field.

This. This drives me crazy as the defenses get closer & closer to the line of scrimmage we do nothing to counter it except go to the jumbo package & still try to run the ball.

Even more frustrating when they try and throw out of these jumbo packages. Bruce Miller split out wide.....really? Boldin is the only receiver on the field half of the time. There is no speed or quickness on the field at all.

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Fire Morton. He is stinking up the place with his USC vibe.

But most importantly. Get Rid of Roman or have Baalke let someone else draft the receivers

Yup. lack of development from the WR position is very concerning. Lack of creativity in the pass game by Roman in scheming WR open is concerning. Baalke and his scouts better start evaluating the WR better and drafting guys that can make an impact and actually produce
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Originally posted by Jcool:

So just cause you don't like the topic...it should be lock?

Hallway patrol smh

Because its a topic covered in a bunch of other treads. And the ex 49ers he named didn't even make plays today... A.J. Jenkins was not "catching passes today" he had 1 catch (that makes 2 for the year) and Ginn had 3 catches for 11 yards and 7 total catches over the last 4 games.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168162-greg-roman-really-good/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175771-2013-week-thoughts-rewatching-game/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175803-analysis-2011-49ers-2013-why-faltering/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175818-new-theory-niners-struggles/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175751-truth-were-not-good-enough/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175748-kap-or-playcalling/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175775-harbaugh-needs-clean-house-season/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175752-jim-harbaughs-loyalty-towards-his-coordinators/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/175757-real-problem-trent-balke/
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM ]
At the end of the day... should of traded for Flash Gordon...
Originally posted by dngt49:
Yea. Our offensive system, currently, is not receiver friendly. It is probably by the coaches decision. They utilize tight ends more than they do WRs. This would work if you had TEs that compliment each other, but McDonald simply can't replace what DW did for us last year. Although, this coaching staff does utilize the known playmakers they have. Defenses are taking those options away. That is what scares me the most. The offensive coaches, whether its Harbaugh or Roman, are not adapting. It tells you something about our coaches if our cuts are producing else where. Those players have talent and yet they couldn't produce here. At this point its probably a little to late to make any staff changes since we're in the playoff hunt. If we don't start seeing designed plays for other than Boldin or Davis we should just kiss superbowl hopes goodbye.

Ding Ding

Our offensive coaching staff is a complete joke. Our offense is a joke...literally. We have literally gotten worse since Harbaugh started, not better. We are not developing players anymore at all. Players are going else where and producing, which is a huge problem. It means our staff is not using our players' talents.

This is a coaching problem. I don't buy that CK is our problem at all. He can make every throw on the field. The problem is he has no one to throw to. Everyone is covered and this is a huge problem with our coaching staff.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
To sum it up, our coaching is sh*t water and Roman should be canned. We could've had TY Hilton but instead we drafted AJ Jenkins (which was a terrible choice) and we all know how that went. Our drafting of offensive weapons under Harbaugh has also been garbage thus far. It's very hard to watch Niner offensive football these days.

doesn't it just make you sick,I'm watching Brandob Jacobs running all over the cowgirls today,but he could not even get on field with the 9ers,Jim H is beginning to look like a dictator instead of a COACH, something else He is a Big Fat Liar....I'm loosing all trust in Him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because the playcalling lacks imagination in the passing game, they seem to put more effort into goofy gimmicks than they do in scheming guys open properly and utlizing all their weapons. Also, from what I've seen, I'm not impressed whatsoever with Morton as a WR coach, I think the 49ers need to upgrade at both the OC and WR coach spots.

they run gimm ick plays because they don't have the Mental Capacity to do anything else and yes Roman,Morton and Geep all need to be booted out the door Head-First.

Brandon Jacobs has a total of 163 yards on the ground this season and 4 td's

kendall hunter, by comparison has 219 yards on the ground and 3 td's

Damn you harbaugh and baalke for not using Jacobs and using guys like hunter and james instead

Thank you. More Niner Talk overreaction. By most accounts, Jacobs has been terrible all year long and considering how much they put the Giants on TV, I thought everyone was aware of that.

I know we have enough to be a decent offense because coordinators all over the league do more with less. I'm done with complaining about this. It is what it is. If Harbaugh is the man I hope he is, Greg Roman and hopefully Morton and maybe even the QB coach are gone after the season is up. Best case scenario is if by some miracle we won the Super Bowl and some other team hired Greg Roman away. I'd like an offensive coordinator that can actually put together the entire game plan. The process we have in place now is not efficient. It hasn't evolved, it's regressed, and cannot take advantage of what we have in place. If this is the best we can do now with one of the best running backs in the league, one of the best TEs, and one of the better receivers, then we are in serious trouble.
Share 49ersWebzone