There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ex-Recievers Making Plays Why?

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
To sum it up, our coaching is sh*t water and Roman should be canned. We could've had TY Hilton but instead we drafted AJ Jenkins (which was a terrible choice) and we all know how that went. Our drafting of offensive weapons under Harbaugh has also been garbage thus far. It's very hard to watch Niner offensive football these days.

doesn't it just make you sick,I'm watching Brandob Jacobs running all over the cowgirls today,but he could not even get on field with the 9ers,Jim H is beginning to look like a dictator instead of a COACH, something else He is a Big Fat Liar....I'm loosing all trust in Him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because the playcalling lacks imagination in the passing game, they seem to put more effort into goofy gimmicks than they do in scheming guys open properly and utlizing all their weapons. Also, from what I've seen, I'm not impressed whatsoever with Morton as a WR coach, I think the 49ers need to upgrade at both the OC and WR coach spots.

they run gimm ick plays because they don't have the Mental Capacity to do anything else and yes Roman,Morton and Geep all need to be booted out the door Head-First.

Stop whining about what HArbaugh said he was gonna do. It pretty much went out the door when Kap became the starter. What Phoenix says is correct. I'm not impressed with Morton as WR coach. Roman is creative in the run game and with his formations at times but the lack of adjustments that are made in the passing game and creativity in passing plays sucks. I agree Roman needs to be replaced and so does Morton.
Originally posted by Jcool:


So just cause you don't like the topic...it should be lock?

Hallway patrol smh
Originally posted by MarkD:
I think they look at our lack of talent at wide receiver and laugh. His hands are sum what tied.

VD, Frank Gore, Boldin, Baldwin, look at what New England has to work with, a bunch of rookie receivers and Gronkowski.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 899
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MarkD:
I think they look at our lack of talent at wide receiver and laugh. His hands are sum what tied.

VD, Frank Gore, Boldin, Baldwin, look at what New England has to work with, a bunch of rookie receivers and Gronkowski.
Boldin is not a number 1 receiver and more and Baldwin is barely a receiver at all. Gore obviously isn't a wide out either. This leaves V. Davis as our only decent receiving threat. Teams usually play an over under with him, essentially double coverage.
You compared the 49ers to the Patriots here so I will just say that I am sure in roughly 10 years of starting experience Kap will make his receivers better to. Just like how T. Brady does with the rookies he plays with today.
I checked it out the statistics, and it appears that WR's who are on the field have a much greater chance of catching a pass than WR's who are not on the field.

Most of the time, our offense is a fullback, a running back, two TE's and Boldin. That is who is on the field.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,085
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Roman should be given an contract extension. I figure most people in the zone say the opposite so it's definitely something that the 9ers should do. Also he is recognized in the nfl as a great oc.







If he were recognized as a great OC, he would have wound up with one of the 12+ head coaching spots that have opened up since he was here, the only one who claims that b******t are the goofy announcers reading off their cue cards. Do you think any defensive coordinator that has recently gone up against the 49ers thinks Roman is anything but a clueless nitwit?


I think they look at our lack of talent at wide receiver and laugh. His hands are sum what tied.

Is that you, Roman
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I checked it out the statistics, and it appears that WR's who are on the field have a much greater chance of catching a pass than WR's who are not on the field.

Most of the time, our offense is a fullback, a running back, two TE's and Boldin. That is who is on the field.

You didn't hear? That is the formation of success.....cough cough.

For as much as our coaches deserve kudos for bring us out of the dark ages, they are equally responsible for failing our players. I was less frustrated watching our near talentless roster lose during the dark years than watching this current offense.
Jenkins...one catch...stop the presses!
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

This.



Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Jenkins...one catch...stop the presses!

Don't just stop the presses, but make room in Canton, Ohio!
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 899
Go down and out.
[ Edited by MarkD on Nov 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM ]
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
To sum it up, our coaching is sh*t water and Roman should be canned. We could've had TY Hilton but instead we drafted AJ Jenkins (which was a terrible choice) and we all know how that went. Our drafting of offensive weapons under Harbaugh has also been garbage thus far. It's very hard to watch Niner offensive football these days.

doesn't it just make you sick,I'm watching Brandob Jacobs running all over the cowgirls today,but he could not even get on field with the 9ers,Jim H is beginning to look like a dictator instead of a COACH, something else He is a Big Fat Liar....I'm loosing all trust in Him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because the playcalling lacks imagination in the passing game, they seem to put more effort into goofy gimmicks than they do in scheming guys open properly and utlizing all their weapons. Also, from what I've seen, I'm not impressed whatsoever with Morton as a WR coach, I think the 49ers need to upgrade at both the OC and WR coach spots.

they run gimm ick plays because they don't have the Mental Capacity to do anything else and yes Roman,Morton and Geep all need to be booted out the door Head-First.

Brandon Jacobs has a total of 163 yards on the ground this season and 4 td's

kendall hunter, by comparison has 219 yards on the ground and 3 td's

Damn you harbaugh and baalke for not using Jacobs and using guys like hunter and james instead
It's all a conspiracy to make sure Kap doesn't break the bank in contract talks.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 899
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Roman should be given an contract extension. I figure most people in the zone say the opposite so it's definitely something that the 9ers should do. Also he is recognized in the nfl as a great oc.







If he were recognized as a great OC, he would have wound up with one of the 12+ head coaching spots that have opened up since he was here, the only one who claims that b******t are the goofy announcers reading off their cue cards. Do you think any defensive coordinator that has recently gone up against the 49ers thinks Roman is anything but a clueless nitwit?


I think they look at our lack of talent at wide receiver and laugh. His hands are sum what tied.

Is that you, Roman

NO
Our passing schemes are from the stone age. Hard to get creative or successfully distribute the ball with this nonsense.

Often times we roll with 1 WR, 2 TE, RB, FB. Boldin is the only receiver out there and he has no speed. Davis has speed but rarely gets a free release off the LOS. I love Bruce Miller, but he is getting waaaay too much play lining up outside as a receiver. I don't like the way we utilize, and often under-utilize, our players

It should be no secret why the passing game struggles to produce. The scheme sucks balls, and while Kap certainly isn't producing, the coaches are not doing him any favors. The gameplanning and playcalling have been bush league. There is way too much talent on this offense to be struggling this mightily. That's on coaching. Give Sean Payton these offensive players and he'll give you a top 5 offense.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home