There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brock Contract Details

Got contract details before anyone else

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/11/23/tramaine-brocks-contract-details-according-to-a-source/#doc3

I just had contact with a source, who informed me of Tramaine Brock's new deal, which has a $3.75 million signing bonus, along with yearly $320,000 roster bonuses, tied into the 46-man active gameday roster, and yearly $130,000 workout bonuses. He also has playing time incentives.

His base salaries are, $800,000(2014), $1.85 million(2015), $2.7 million(2016), $3.1 million(2017).

His $1.323 million base salary stays the same for 2013. His $800,000 2014 base salary is guaranteed.

His cap numbers are as follows.

2014- $2 million

2015- $3.05 million

2016- $3.9 million

2017- $4.3 million

Update: Brock's 2015 base salary becomes guaranteed on April 1st, 2015, as long as he is on the 49ers roster. And his incentives are $250,000 for 60% playing time and/or 6 INTs, and an additional $250,000($500,000 in total) for 80% playing time and/or 6 INTs.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Nov 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
Also his 2015 salary become guaranteed on April 1st 2015, and $600K is assumed guaranteed in his 2016 base, I believe on April 1st 2016. But it would vest once made 2016 53 man roster.
great info, thanks AB
Good stuff. Very reasonable cap numbers considering he's a young corner playing at a high level right now. Figures to be one of our starters next year. This is like deja vu, very similar to how we locked up T. Brown ahead of time.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM ]
Thanks guys, worked my butt off to get the numbers.

I figure the $250K is Likely to be earned. I didn't want to bother him anymore, but the 600K is guaranteed either fully, or on April 1st, I am inclined to say on April 1st, cause it wouldn't make sense to guarantee 600K a year after a date guarantee.
Like the fact that 2 million of the contract is dependent upon him being a starter (and not injured). And also like the fact that it's more backloaded which minimizes the risk of regression/laziness now that he's gotten paid. When I first hear the 4 year/16 million reports I thought it was around 1 million per year too high, but with the incentives, roster, and workout bonuses that makes for that 1 million per year right there.

Oh and of course nice work AB! Nice to know I can count on the zone for my breaking news.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Nov 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Like the fact that 2 million of the contract is dependent upon him being a starter (and not injured). And also like the fact that it's more backloaded which minimizes the risk of regression/laziness now that he's gotten paid. When I first hear the 4 year/16 million reports I thought it was around 1 million per year too high, but with the incentives, roster, and workout bonuses that makes for that 1 million per year right there.

Oh and of course nice work AB! Nice to know I can count on the zone for my breaking news.

You got it buddy. I believe the $250K is considered LTBE. He was sketchy on that. I asked LTBE and he said yes. The 80% is probably the tougher one to get, since there are 2 Incentive tiers, the 1st is LTBE(Likely to be earned)
As always AB You da man!!!!!
Great job AB! As always you have done a great job with the info. Nice to see us lock up guys at a reasonable price early.
You spoke to him?
he deserves every penny. a good deal IMO
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, AB.
Appreciate the work and the info my dude. I hope Brock continues to excel for us.
Once again, AB keeping us informed with gorilla reporting. Thanx Bro
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Once again, AB keeping us informed with gorilla reporting. Thanx Bro
Don't ape AB's passion for all things Salary Cap. Not cool bro.