There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does the league have something against us?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
We have a hard hitting, punishing defense. The NFL doesn't like that. They want high flying, featherweight QBs throwing to other little weiners who run around freely not scared of taking hits. Defenses are just confused as to what to do, causing busted plays and even injuries.

I hope this latest fine makes people more heated and speak out against this garbage.
Originally posted by cciowa:
some things are not worth answering unless the question is " why on earth does it seem like fans of other teams think 49er fans whine all the time" blaming the refs is a built in excuse to shift the focus from the players and coaches taking responsibility for their own poor play and poor coaching. i think you will find in every loss we have had in the last year plus, for every "controversial call" you will find a trail of bad play, mistakes and horrid coaching that were the big factors in the loss.. however if it makes you feel better to think a ref is in the 6th floor of the book store and another ref is in the grassy knoll and another stole the brain of ck,, knock yourself out

I agree with you in general. Our coaches and players should take primary responsibility for all our losses, because it should never come down to one bad call (or no-call) that decides the game. At the same time, however, close games between good teams happen. We were playing against the Saints, in the Super Dome, where they have been blowing teams out. Just a week prior they had totally manhandled the Cowboys there. We were in it throughout the game, thanks almost exclusively to our defense.

This was a crucial drive with a little over 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the 49ers made a defensive play that caused a turnover and would have prevented the Saints from scoring. However, the referee decided to get involved and throw the flag on a very iffy penalty to say the least. If Brooks had led with his helmet or actually took a blow to the head, or even unnecessarily slammed him to the ground, then I would say they have to make that call. But Brooks hit him at the shoulder and chest level, dislodged the ball, and cradled him to the ground. In a situation like that, you don't throw that flag, because otherwise you are involving yourself in deciding the outcome of the game.

Remember that in the Super Bowl, many people said that technically Crabtree was held, but that the officials should not throw that flag in such a crucial situation because they would then be deciding the game. So why doesn't the same apply here? Keep in mind that saying that does not absolve the coaches and players from ultimate responsibility for the loss. If the offense had played remotely better we would not have been in this position to begin with. But a bad call is a bad call, and we should still have the right to criticize the officials for giving themselves a part in deciding the outcome of the game.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
I also hate to say it but if you think the NFL is out to get us try being a Raider fan.. that's painful. Sorry but nothing compares to the Tuck rule

Thats true...the tuck rule was the biggest joke of a call in the history of the NFL! The league definately is in love with Tom Brady and hates the Raiders. I've never seen a call so bad in my life. i didn't really care because i hate both teams but when a game is not called fair, it's a complete turn off. I feel like i'm watching the NBA.

face it everyone, it's a conspiracy! it's all about TV ratings and money generating teams! lol
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by wailers15:
I also hate to say it but if you think the NFL is out to get us try being a Raider fan.. that's painful. Sorry but nothing compares to the Tuck rule

Thats true...the tuck rule was the biggest joke of a call in the history of the NFL! The league definately is in love with Tom Brady and hates the Raiders. I've never seen a call so bad in my life. i didn't really care because i hate both teams but when a game is not called fair, it's a complete turn off. I feel like i'm watching the NBA.

face it everyone, it's a conspiracy! it's all about TV ratings and money generating teams! lol

haha Radiers have yet to recover from that injustice.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
They call us whiners cause it rhymes with niners duh
And we always get tons if calls against us

The catch 2 was the biggest call in out favor
But I remember getting screwed time and time again every time we played the packers

We got screwed in the 80s and where robbed of our perfect season
We were screwed the last SB, east coast bias

the only person who screwed us in the super bowl was roman. we were the team of the 80's and we still got screwed, hahaha.. i do not think anyone will feel sorry for us. we got robbed of our perfect season? how, what are you talking about? i do not even want to know. we lost to the steelers in 84 for our only loss, so what
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by facestabber:
These threads have to stop. It's not a conspiracy against the 49ers.
this times infinity
Originally posted by real9erfan:
some things are not worth answering unless the question is " why on earth does it seem like fans of other teams think 49er fans whine all the time" blaming the refs is a built in excuse to shift the focus from the players and coaches taking responsibility for their own poor play and poor coaching. i think you will find in every loss we have had in the last year plus, for every "controversial call" you will find a trail of bad play, mistakes and horrid coaching that were the big factors in the loss.. however if it makes you feel better to think a ref is in the 6th floor of the book store and another ref is in the grassy knoll and another stole the brain of ck,, knock yourself out

I agree with you in general. Our coaches and players should take primary responsibility for all our losses, because it should never come down to one bad call (or no-call) that decides the game. At the same time, however, close games between good teams happen. We were playing against the Saints, in the Super Dome, where they have been blowing teams out. Just a week prior they had totally manhandled the Cowboys there. We were in it throughout the game, thanks almost exclusively to our defense.

This was a crucial drive with a little over 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the 49ers made a defensive play that caused a turnover and would have prevented the Saints from scoring. However, the referee decided to get involved and throw the flag on a very iffy penalty to say the least. If Brooks had led with his helmet or actually took a blow to the head, or even unnecessarily slammed him to the ground, then I would say they have to make that call. But Brooks hit him at the shoulder and chest level, dislodged the ball, and cradled him to the ground. In a situation like that, you don't throw that flag, because otherwise you are involving yourself in deciding the outcome of the game.

Remember that in the Super Bowl, many people said that technically Crabtree was held, but that the officials should not throw that flag in such a crucial situation because they would then be deciding the game. So why doesn't the same apply here? Keep in mind that saying that does not absolve the coaches and players from ultimate responsibility for the loss. If the offense had played remotely better we would not have been in this position to begin with. But a bad call is a bad call, and we should still have the right to criticize the officials for giving themselves a part in deciding the outcome of the game.

Well said and excellent point. Also, that Brooks play was about SO much more than just his clean, legal hit.

PS: Still waiting for evidence on a "blow" to the head/neck.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We have a hard hitting, punishing defense. The NFL doesn't like that. They want high flying, featherweight QBs throwing to other little weiners who run around freely not scared of taking hits. Defenses are just confused as to what to do, causing busted plays and even injuries.

I hope this latest fine makes people more heated and speak out against this garbage.
our defense can also not rush the quarterback, even with aldon back and give up third down plays all the time. how is that the fault of the officials. i assume we do not rush the quarterback because the guys are afraid they will get fined if they sack the quarterback?
yes.

clearly they do i don't know of a huge break that went our way lol
Originally posted by NCommand:

Well said and excellent point. Also, that Brooks play was about SO much more than just his clean, legal hit.

That was the exact thought that came into my mind... personally for me, it has tarnished my opinion and love for the sport. The way they coddle certain players and leave others to defend for themselves reeks of bias and is a disgrace.
I wish Brooks would of broken Brees' shoulder or collarbone, then the call would of had some merit.
the only person who screwed us in the super bowl was roman. we were the team of the 80's and we still got screwed, hahaha.. i do not think anyone will feel sorry for us. we got robbed of our perfect season? how, what are you talking about? i do not even want to know. we lost to the steelers in 84 for our only loss, so what

Well I don't know about Roman being the ONLY person who screwed us in the Super Bowl. The defense and ST gave up 28 points to the Ravens by the beginning of the 3rd quarter. The 49ers fumbled the ball deep in Raven territory in the first half. The offense had nearly 500 yards of offense, with a 300 yard passer, 2 100 yard receivers, and a 100 yard rusher. If someone had told me the offense would have those kinds of numbers before the game I would have guaranteed a victory. Now, sure, Roman shares some of the blame for the playcalling at the end. But let's not forget that coaches get blamed when plays fail and get praised when plays work. If Roman had called 3 straight runs and they were all stuffed, we would have slammed him for ramming his head into a wall rather than trying to pass the ball on one of the downs. Also, Roman called a great play that would have most likely resulted in a TD had Kap not taken so long to snap the ball. We can't just pin everything on Roman even if I agree that he shares a lot of the blame.
Originally posted by NCommand:

To me it's a totally BS call. I don't even agree that the problem is with the rule, because there was NO VIOLATION of the rule. Brooks hit Brees where players are supposed to be hit. And people like Mike Perreira who come out and say that it was clearly a violation and that it was absolutely the right call are insulting our intelligence because they are assuming we're stupid. But to top it all off they actually fine Brooks almost $16,000 for that hit, which they said was on a defenseless player! Are you kidding me? He is sacking a QB. Montana would have had a field time if he were to benefit from such calls at the time. Who knows what his numbers would have looked like if players like LT and Leonard Marshall weren't allowed to touch him. What's more, the Brooks fine is even more than what Clay Mathews was fined for launching himself at Kaepernick 5 yards out of bounds and slamming him to the ground.
The Germans Did This