LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 136 users in the forums

Revised thoughts on the rest of the year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We all made predictions at the start, I believe I was 13-3 and win the Super Bowl.

Just curious with a couple days to calm down what the state of the fan base is?

Personally I believe Harbaugh and co. deal with the adversity, get a little more basic in the offensive game plan to slow it down for Kap and we finish the season 12-4. I think they start slow against Washington, then get going and don't look back. Seattle game is a game changer in the season as they come in super cocky and get punched in the mouth.
Unfortunately they need to go through the Wild Card, winning in Detroit, then beating New Orleans in the road. They go to Seattle for the NFC CG and after an incredible battle back and forth, the Inconvemient Truth slips free for a 30 yard TD in the last couple minutes to seal the win. It will be the defining run of his career when he is inducted into the HOF.

We then go to a frozen Super Bowl, and as he usually does in cold weather games Manning plays a little off and has Justin and Aldon on him all game. It is not a blowout as the weather hurts both teams passing, but you get the feeling the game was never in doubt and Niners win 27-17. Kap is Super Bowl MVP throwing 2 td and running in another.

Justin Smith retires in the post game locker room press conference.

Predictions?
a little more basic on O? how much more basic can it get? as far as predictions, we'll get the 6th seed, probably win in the wild card round and lose in the divisional round.
I think we have one more road bump it might not even be seattle i think we finish 11-5
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lose no more than two games, get a wild card berth, go to the nfc east and beat a team there which i think is doable , there are alot of ifs i could include for this to happen but i do not want to start a list and make myself ill
Originally posted by crabman82:
a little more basic on O? how much more basic can it get? as far as predictions, we'll get the 6th seed, probably win in the wild card round and lose in the divisional round.

I see how that sounded dumb! What I meant was get back focus on running, eliminate 7 step drops requiring Kap to go through 4 reads. Slants, screens and other shorter routes to build up his passing confidence, them use a little PA to go for the odd strike down the field. Control the ball rather than 3 and out everytime
What does us getting more basic entail? Because other than our shifting before plays our plays are quite simple, probably the most basic in the league.

I say we go 12-4, 11-5 at worst.

We get Redskins, Rams up coming, two VERY winnable games.
Seahawks after that.

Bucs/Falcons who have 4 wins between them(we're great against the terrible teams, don't see a let down)
I just don't see us losing to the Cardinals, I don't think they're that good honestly, and Crabtree should be back in full force by this game, so that's a plus.

NFC East/North winner will have a terrible defense, so I think we should win that wild card game.

After that it gets interested.
  • thl408
Nothing has changed for me. Super Bowl or bust. This defense is no joke and once Aldon and RayMac are back, QBs beware. Just have to do it as a wild card instead of division champs now. 49ers will be the wild card team that no one wants to play in round 1.
We are in win out mode. The race for the wild card is too close for comfort!
I'll stay with my original pick of 11-5. And I'm still laughing at the fan that told me at the 6-2 mark, "...there is no way we'll lose 3 more games."

I badly want to change it to 10-6 but I have faith "we'll" get a lucky bounce. The playoffs, if we make it, are going to be brutal, no doubt.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
We all made predictions at the start, I believe I was 13-3 and win the Super Bowl.

Just curious with a couple days to calm down what the state of the fan base is?

Personally I believe Harbaugh and co. deal with the adversity, get a little more basic in the offensive game plan to slow it down for Kap and we finish the season 12-4. I think they start slow against Washington, then get going and don't look back. Seattle game is a game changer in the season as they come in super cocky and get punched in the mouth.
Unfortunately they need to go through the Wild Card, winning in Detroit, then beating New Orleans in the road. They go to Seattle for the NFC CG and after an incredible battle back and forth, the Inconvemient Truth slips free for a 30 yard TD in the last couple minutes to seal the win. It will be the defining run of his career when he is inducted into the HOF.

We then go to a frozen Super Bowl, and as he usually does in cold weather games Manning plays a little off and has Justin and Aldon on him all game. It is not a blowout as the weather hurts both teams passing, but you get the feeling the game was never in doubt and Niners win 27-17. Kap is Super Bowl MVP throwing 2 td and running in another.

Justin Smith retires in the post game locker room press conference.

Predictions?

Sounds good to me. I predict this as well.

Tough call.

My guess is 10-6 if we don't get better play calling and 11-5 if we do.

One & done in the playoffs without HUGE changes in the offensive game planning/play calling.
Miss the playoffs entirely. Nothing on this years team is functioning well. We are not getting pressure on QB's, nor putting up defensive numbers like last few years.
Offensively we are terrible. People think Crabtree coming back will change everything. He will be limited in both playing time and in what he can actually do. Offense all comes down to Kaepernick.

Clearly him running is not an option as i rarely see that anymore (defensive game plans) and the entire play calling is dreadful, predictable, and extremely basic. We may still finish 10-6 but miss out on some tie breaker.

If we lose to Washington or even narrowly pull out a win vs. one of the worst defensive teams in the league, i would say we finish 9-7 at best.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I still think we can and will win the SB. Call me crazy but we have a good team. Obviously our offense must get better, but we are 2 plays away from having an 8-2 record. On confident we'll start making the game changing plays.

The real season doesn't start until December. I know we have to fight for a playoff spot now, but we can do it.
We get in at 11-5, and due to controversy and b******t, we rain on everyone's parade and win the super bowl in undeserving fashion like the last two winners.
id rather lose these next three games than win two in a row and drop the game to seattle at home. hollow victories if we cant prove ourselves at home with our backs against the wall.

Talbert
Share 49ersWebzone