LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

In the heard: "I heard Harbaugh is driving 49ers ownership crazy."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by NCommand:
It's not inconceivable if the ownership is asking to cut ties with Roman and Harbaugh is being loyal to him at the detriment of the team. But yeah...

you really think the ownership would say

"f**k you harbaugh, youre fired" and try to go back to nolan/ singletary/

How did you make that jump? No, I was going with the OP saying Harbaugh is driving ownership nuts...IF he's driving them nuts it "may" be b/c ownership wants to can Roman and Harbaugh is being stubborn/loyal about it. And THIS is the time to make a move @ 6-4, right on the cusp.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by KD49ers:
this is the same family who fired Mariucci after a 12-4 season and playoffs because they did not get along with him. i could see it from both sides. harbaugh maybe wanting to go back to college. his style is more collge anyway. usc he could build a dynasty there and stick it to carroll plus he has house in laguna beach so who knows.

i honestly think the league has caught up to harbaugh and his pro form style is not good for todays nfl its like we don't have forward passing game anymore.

what say you?

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you on the league catching up to the offense. Kaep is just going thru the growing pains that virtually all nfl qbs have to go thru. IMO the depleted WR corp has force roman/harbaugh hands in regards to the passing game. My only hope for this season is that Crabtree can comeback at least 85% of last year and that would still make him the clear cut number 1, with all due respects to boldin. I have little doubt had the WR corp been healthy all season, we would have be battling for home field.

With all that said, a little perspective is needed, we lost to the hottest team by one point, and the best dome team by a fg in a very competitive and controversial game. Personally I don't want to make any grand statements about the offense until I see Crabtree, boldin and manningham on the field at the same time.

Our passing game is abysmal. Colin needed to improve on not staring his WR's down and going through his progressions. He has not improved at all in those areas ( aside from game 1 which looks like an aberration at this point ). I think he needs to improve in many parts of his game, and with only 18 games under his belt, he still has a long way to go. I heard that you can't really evaluate a QB until after 30+ starts. Some players come around sooner, but with a unorthodox motion and QB style, his curve was steeper than most. Lets not forget, not only is Crabs gone, but we lost Moss and Ginn. Who cares right? Well those guys, Moss especially, took the top off the D and kept the S to his side deep. This allowed Crabs to work underneath. Losing all 3 and having Vern hobbled has KILLED our attack. Q is great, but is a 7 yard guy, not a 27 yard guy. Look at how one of the great Qbs in the league ( Brady ) struggled without weapons. Now do the same thing to a kid without a full season under his belt. This year may not be "our year", but give Colin time and the GM some more chances to get weapons ( Alshon Jefferies or Rueben Randle anyone?? ) and this O still has the potential to be lethal in the near future.
Colin Cowherd? That guy is the biggest tool on radio/tv. Always playing devil's advocate to get a rise out of people
I heard that too this morning, the herd reference no source but phrased it as " harbaugh is feuding with the president of the 49ers" which is Jed or John York ? That was one part of the herd quote the other part was harbaugh is "driving " everyone crazy .. A bunch of horse crap
Originally posted by cciowa:
i hate iowa so much they better not lose this saturday . iowa is actually a favorite in the game? off topic. JH is going no where but i can not believe he would kick and scream about dumping roman at the end of the year. roman has already sealed his fate in my opinion and I think JH is smart enough to know he has to cut roman loose or he could lose his job if he digs in and backs the niners in a corner.... if he does that for a retard like roman, JH is an idiot and I do not think he is

Crazy right? Im a Penn State fan and was on cloud 9 when we beat Michigan in that THRILLER! ( my buddies are Mich fans ), but then came back down to Earth the following week by OSU taking our lunch money.
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Uh...Harbaugh is on a 5 year contract. I don't see him leaving the NFL to go BACK to college. He could have just stayed at Stanford if thats what he wanted to do.

Yeah, not like we've ever seen a college coach come to the NFL and then go back to college.

I do agree though that he finishes out his initial 5-yr contract, with the caveat that if at some point down the road things just totally went off the rails and York fires him...but I don't see that happening.

Not a coach who been here for only 3 years and had anything close to the same level of success.
if he went anywhere after us down the road i just assumed it would be michigan?

Not gonna happen, Michigan LOVES their coach, even though he's a Chris Christie clone. He done a great job recruiting over the past couple years.

You mean the 7-3 Wolverines who bask in the shadow of Ohio St. in a fairly unimpressive Big 10? Please, unless Michigan wins a natl title or two in the next few years, if it's say 2016 and JH let's it be known he's interested in the Michigan job, they will give Hoke the boot faster than s*** through a goose and back the Brinks truck up to Harbaugh's front door.
You mean the 7-3 Wolverines who bask in the shadow of Ohio St. in a fairly unimpressive Big 10? Please, unless Michigan wins a natl title or two in the next few years, if it's say 2016 and JH let's it be known he's interested in the Michigan job, they will give Hoke the boot faster than s*** through a goose and back the Brinks truck up to Harbaugh's front door.

And you really think that's going to happen?
  • thl408
What was the context of that statement? Was Cowherd talking about the recent losing streak? Personnel management? How Jim speaks to the media? Can the OP provide more details as to what Cowherd was talking about when he said that?
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:

And you really think that's going to happen?

I think it's plausible.

And whether it will or won't wasn't the issue...you said no way UM gets rid of Hoke because they love him, and my point is they drop him like a rock if there's even a hint they could get JH. Hoke only has this job because they couldn't get Harbaugh back in early 2011.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
I like Colin's show generally but his "intel" on Harbaugh has never been real good. After Luck's junior season, he said Harbaugh would follow Luck to Carolina. When Luck stayed in school, he said Harbaugh would stay at Stanford to win a National Championship and then follow Luck to the NFL. He also said Harbaugh would never go to the 49ers because the organization was a mess and Alex Smith was the QB. When Harbaugh did go to the 49ers, he said that Harbaugh had a plan to play Smith through the first season so the 49ers would lose and then be in position to draft Luck.

Given that history, taking his comment today about Harbaugh with a grain of salt might be overly generous.

Originally posted by corona55569:
I heard that too this morning, the herd reference no source but phrased it as " harbaugh is feuding with the president of the 49ers" which is Jed or John York ? That was one part of the herd quote the other part was harbaugh is "driving " everyone crazy .. A bunch of horse crap

Gideon Yu is the President and has practically zero input on football operations.
Originally posted by kem99:
I like Colin's show generally but his "intel" on Harbaugh has never been real good. After Luck's junior season, he said Harbaugh would follow Luck to Carolina. When Luck stayed in school, he said Harbaugh would stay at Stanford to win a National Championship and then follow Luck to the NFL. He also said Harbaugh would never go to the 49ers because the organization was a mess and Alex Smith was the QB. When Harbaugh did go to the 49ers, he said that Harbaugh had a plan to play Smith through the first season so the 49ers would lose and then be in position to draft Luck.

Given that history, taking his comment today about Harbaugh with a grain of salt might be overly generous.

I still remember the sounder from his show that ran until we were like 6-1in harbaugh's first season...colin:"I like what harbaugh us doing, he is gonna keep Alex smith, go 1-15 and draft Andrew luck "
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Jed and Baalke aren't getting rid of Harbs anytime soon.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
hes f**kin driving me crazy

he upsets me with his defense of roman and the fact he does not step in to stop roman,,. not to mention his ineptness on a challenge and getting calls in on time, now does this mean i want nolan back??no but JH is the head of the rattlesnake and he shares a HUGE part of our struggles when we struggle
Share 49ersWebzone